Bully Wee: Goodbye To C'naud?

Jaggernaut

Seems not!! Local residents are kicking up a right feck about it, so its planned for a different site within the town,

So they are to be called East Kilbride Clyde/EK Clyde?/ We know its really the GYPOS!!

No surprise there then, kick up like hell when somethings planned then moan when they don't have something or are going to lose something

They're just another 'franchise' now.

Can't see why they can't play at the Showpark site - it's not as if they'd draw big crowds there - good location as only a short walk from the railway station and a few pubs (including the Monty :) ).

Now they'll probably end up in an edge-of-town site with poor public transport and no amenities.

They're just another 'franchise' now.

Can't see why they can't play at the Showpark site - it's not as if they'd draw big crowds there - good location as only a short walk from the railway station and a few pubs (including the Monty :) ).

Now they'll probably end up in an edge-of-town site with poor public transport and no amenities.

and no fans. any from Cumbernauld will find it difficult to get to EK. if the do not have thier own transport.

they should have never left Rutherglen area.

The wheels on their house go round and round :D

Dogs left at Shawfield, dogs left at Shawfield...

They should play at EK Showgrounds, they can then put their NVQ in candy-floss making to good use :D

East Stirling would probably get better crowds if they embraced the Nauld as their new home?

Edited by jagfox

if they do call themselves "Clyde EK" (yuk), they'll get a huge crowd. All the locals will come along.

.........you don't think the locals will all be on a bus to Ibrox/Parkhead do you???????

this local will be on his way to Firhill or wherever the Jags are playing :happy2:

if they do call themselves "Clyde EK" (yuk), they'll get a huge crowd. All the locals will come along.

.........you don't think the locals will all be on a bus to Ibrox/Parkhead do you???????

This local definitely is not. Only the Promotion Bus.

Peel Park near Jackton/Hairmyres is another option, but I think Tesco have that land.

Not a bloody chance, is there a petition on this to stop the gypos pitching in my town?

new stadium getting built on the outskirts of the town for them,

langlands, just by calderglen park ,

all payed by the council

Heard this a while ago, don't think there is any bus route goes by it and miles away from either of the train stations.

I don't really get this. East Kilbride FC (who play at K-Park where we played some reserve games this season) have applied to join the South of Scotland league with aspirations to go senior, so unless they are involved with Clyde I would imagine they would object to them moving here. I also don't get how Clyde think they can somehow get locals behind them in EK when they failed in Cumbernauld

This local definitely is not. Only the Promotion Bus.

Peel Park near Jackton/Hairmyres is another option, but I think Tesco have that land.

Jeez, really? Nothing other than Showpark makes any sort of sense. To me. The Calderglen site for 'East Kilbride FC' is in what was - and probably still is - the back of beyond in my childhood. I have no idea where they'd build around Peel Park or Jackton for public transport.

I don't really get this. East Kilbride FC (who play at K-Park where we played some reserve games this season) have applied to join the South of Scotland league with aspirations to go senior, so unless they are involved with Clyde I would imagine they would object to them moving here. I also don't get how Clyde think they can somehow get locals behind them in EK when they failed in Cumbernauld

Another good point - fanbase building. EK is, to the best of my experience, almost full of Old Firm sheep.

Jeez, really? Nothing other than Showpark makes any sort of sense. To me. The Calderglen site for 'East Kilbride FC' is in what was - and probably still is - the back of beyond in my childhood. I have no idea where they'd build around Peel Park or Jackton for public transport.

Showpark seems like a no no for me, great for pubs & public transport, but very poor access for cars & buses unless they created a car park & new access road somehow