Souvenir Dvd/ Brochure

rob1971

Have emailed Ian Maxwell suggesting that we copy St Mirren's idea of fans being able to have their names added to the credits. Not sure if there was an extra charge for this but do know that the DVD had to be ordered within a fairly short timescale following its announcement. Might also help with production numbers.

I've already participated in a couple of "pledges" for little-known singer/songwriters/musicians that I like to get their albums financed in advance. There's various levels of pledge, starting with you just get the CD when it's ready, autographed copies, CD & tshirt up to the artist playing in your front room!

No reason we can't do a variation on this idea.

Have emailed Ian Maxwell suggesting that we copy St Mirren's idea of fans being able to have their names added to the credits. Not sure if there was an extra charge for this but do know that the DVD had to be ordered within a fairly short timescale following its announcement. Might also help with production numbers.

That's a great idea. My mate is a Buddie and was at the final with his wife and kids and was chuffed to bits to get their names in the credit.

We must have a DVD.

I've already participated in a couple of "pledges" for little-known singer/songwriters/musicians that I like to get their albums financed in advance. There's various levels of pledge, starting with you just get the CD when it's ready, autographed copies, CD & tshirt up to the artist playing in your front room!

No reason we can't do a variation on this idea.

This was in fact done with the "Partick Thistle Football Club official history" book and there is a list of the advance subscribers printed at the back. I suppose this was an early example of "crowd-funding".

No reason why the same strategy couldn't be used for this.

As an aside, in the 70's (and possibly beyond) the club published a handbook at the start of every season which was usually about the size of the Wee Red Book (but thinner) and had a review of the previous season, fixture list for the coming season and the classic "pen pics" of the squad etc.

I thought some time ago that it would be a good idea to start it up again and suggested it to the precursor to the Trust. The outcome was a bit different from what I had envisaged, and was in fact the booklet reviewing our 2nd Division championship season. That was followed up by the 1st Division review, but as far as I can remember, that's where it ended and the annual handbook concept bit the dust. I suppose it is easier to be enthused about writing or reading about success!

Edited by David Stevenson

The thing I liked most about the handbook David was the historical information. I was a kid following an unfashionable club so reading about international caps and previous league and cup campaigns opened up my eyes to the fact that we were so much more than the team that I was watching. It's even more unbelievable today to think that there were once Thistle players regularly being capped by Scotland.

The thing I liked most about the handbook David was the historical information. I was a kid following an unfashionable club so reading about international caps and previous league and cup campaigns opened up my eyes to the fact that we were so much more than the team that I was watching. It's even more unbelievable today to think that there were once Thistle players regularly being capped by Scotland.

That's right, I forgot about that aspect! Can you remember when the club stopped publishing them? 1980? Earlier? I'm sure Robert Reid will know. He probably has them all archived!

I have 3 of the souvenir handbooks, 71/72, 72/73 and73/74, they are approx. 7.5" x 10" all for the princely sum of 25p each. They have already been promised to Dave Mains the next time I am at firhil for his next sale. By the way Dave did you get the programmmes I sent you?