Pilgrimage

topcat

Just I sent a wee thanks mail to Ian_Mac and he mentioned he saw you folding it up after the game. Maybe he has mistaken you for someone else

So who has the Flag I wonder? Will ask Ian_Mac again

No, I was just getting a photo with it after the game, I wasn't collecting it. He must have assumed I was collecting it.

So impressed with it when it was unfurled and paraded. Then when I looked over and saw how it was displayed I thought sh*t it's actually too big! Do we have dosh left? Can we get it waterproofed, eyelets put in, and stake it out on the bing?

Don't mean leave it out permanately, just have some volunteers (visiting nomads?) to stake it out for home matches.

Edited by Wiltshire Jag

So impressed with it when it was unfurled and paraded. Then when I looked over and saw how it was displayed I thought sh*t it's actually too big! Do we have dosh left? Can we get it waterproofed, eyelets put in, and stake it out on the bing?

Don't mean leave it out permanately, just have some volunteers (visiting nomads?) to stake it out for home matches.

That's gnome more bizarre than some of the other suggestions for the bing.....

From the info and feedback I have from the OneThistle guys they just did not have the equipment (two good sized ladders) and bungee ropes to mount the Flag and as you can see from earlier photos they took some risks trying to put it up.

They also didn,t really have the time as the game was about to kick off. The Flag has an eyelet in each corner and with a wee bit of time pre-season it should still fit on the side of the stand. I have asked that we make it semi-permanent as there is not really a Nomad to collect it every week. It can be taken down mid season for wash and hopefully stored with the club close season as per now

So hopefully for our first home match next season it will be up in all its glory and the Firhill Fez will be in place. :)

• 3 months later...

Well the good news today is that our Flag is now up in the North Stand..Big thanks to the Club for helping out in that department.

Shug is arranging for the Firhill Fez and I think he is going to get a decorative box to put it in. Hopefully it will be up at Firhill soon for Nomads to get there pictures taken with the Flag

If someone is up at Firhill tonight could you have a wee look and see if we could leave the Firhill Fez behind the Flag somewhere it will be easy to take out and put back.

All thats left to be said is get your photos on the thread and tell us what faraway your from. That offers open to all you guys in the North Stand.