A Bing Solution

uberteeb

Now that we are a big fancy SPL club we need to do something with the Bing, that monstrosity is going to be on TV on a regular basis and it doesn't give a very good impression of the club.

Why don't we hold some sort of competition with Glasgow School of Art or Glasgow School of Gardening (or whatever the real equivalent is called) asking them to design something on the Bing, some sort of Thistle themed work of art/landscaping. Get it sponsored and covered in the paper and the club won't have to spend much/anything. Take the 5 best submissions and put it to vote on the website, all these studenty types would love something like that on their CV/portfolio. Gets the club good publicity and gets us something better than thr Bing.

I don't know if this is a really good idea or the murmerrings of a moron, it could be the latter.

What else could we realistically do to make it look less shit for little cost?

• Like 3

Now that we are a big fancy SPL club we need to do something with the Bing, that monstrosity is going to be on TV on a regular basis and it doesn't give a very good impression of the club.

Why don't we hold some sort of competition with Glasgow School of Art or Glasgow School of Gardening (or whatever the real equivalent is called) asking them to design something on the Bing, some sort of Thistle themed work of art/landscaping. Get it sponsored and covered in the paper and the club won't have to spend much/anything. Take the 5 best submissions and put it to vote on the website, all these studenty types would love something like that on their CV/portfolio. Gets the club good publicity and gets us something better than thr Bing.

I don't know if this is a really good idea or the murmerrings of a moron, it could be the latter.

What else could we realistically do to make it look less shit for little cost?

As a communityclub, we should involve the local people from Possil and get them to plant their cannabis plants. Even if we get beat we will still feel good!!

• Like 1

I like the idea of it being an open competition but why not let kids in local schools - even secondary art students - design it? Give them a brief etc? It could be done in conjunction with an outside company/artist and made into a proper wee resource pack for teachers etc. Would also mean these kids (if secondary, paying punters) would get to a game to see their work...

I like the idea of it being an open competition but why not let kids in local schools - even secondary art students - design it? Give them a brief etc? It could be done in conjunction with an outside company/artist and made into a proper wee resource pack for teachers etc. Would also mean these kids (if secondary, paying punters) would get to a game to see their work...

Kids will be crap at it, too amateurish for SPL Partick Thistle.

Kids will be crap at it, too amateurish for SPL Partick Thistle.

More crap than art students a year older than them?! Lol! Seriously though, the standard of design units our kids produce based on detailed briefs are incredible - clothing inspired by films, lamps etc based on restaurants and theatres and their histories - you'd be surprised.

I think some kind of floral affair which has a thistle as the focus, it would be good if we could get some adverts either side to get some money to pay for the upkeep over the season. I'll happily send some money in the post to go towards it. I'd offer to plant some hardy perennials myself but I'm too far away.

Good idea. It really brings down the image of the stadium, especially when the rest of it has been well populated. Can't help thinking that Falkirk's ground looks totally dismal with that wide open field all along one side.

Here's a wild idea: Why not build a temporary stand? Portaloos either side, a la Livi.

More crap than art students a year older than them?! Lol! Seriously though, the standard of design units our kids produce based on detailed briefs are incredible - clothing inspired by films, lamps etc based on restaurants and theatres and their histories - you'd be surprised.

My old school had a murial designed by the pupils, it was pish, like a big version of the crap you get on hospital ward noticeboards. If we are going to do something it needs to look sleak and polished like a horticultural Aaron Sinclair.

Why don't we have a fun zone with a pool and diving board and other fun stuff! Maybe before the game guys having a BBQ! Ok so am slightly taking the p but have seen this done in other sports albeit maybe in hotter climates.

Not sure about the flowers with some of the poor shooting in the spl the flowers would be ruined.

What are the chances of ever developing the area! I think bring back a terracing there would be great!

Haha, nah, I don't like weans drawings, but older students could design a landscaped project.

Uberteeb, with that new hairdo you might want to rethink the Sinclair comparison. Boy looks like an eejit. Bug fluffy haired eejit. The Bing needs the class of Craig with the gravitas of Archie. None of yer "Spice Boy" pish.

Haha, nah, I don't like weans drawings, but older students could design a landscaped project.

Uberteeb, with that new hairdo you might want to rethink the Sinclair comparison. Boy looks like an eejit. Bug fluffy haired eejit. The Bing needs the class of Craig with the gravitas of Archie. None of yer "Spice Boy" pish.

I think we should just have a massive big poster of Aaron putting the nut on that Queen's clown with a slogan underneath in bright yellow letters saying "Don't f*** with the Jags"

In all seriousness though, it would be good to do something before the start of the season.

Edited by Aberdeenjag
  • Like 3

Commercial dept go to it

Commercial advertising space with guaranteed 5 minutes exposure on national television every week + linked the same 5 minutes to national UK broadcaster internet presence .

Advertising space to be painted like those at other televised sports that show in perspective to the T.V cameras.

charges - price of season lease + setup , (paint , artist) + plus premium space .( most frequently viewed thru cameras)

does the BING belong to PTFC (club) or does it belong to PropCo ?

p.s a precentage of revenue to be allocated to community charity PTFC . , dont go small like sum Greenock bus group , go for internationally recognised names , Apple, HP, IBM , BT , GE, SSE , Guiness , etc , maybe the Dallas Cowboys , but then again I think thats been tried . its basic billboard selling ..

Edited by banderas