A Bing Solution

uberteeb

How about we contact the Chinese and get a few hundred terracotta army statues, dress them up in Thistle strips and scarves with chants recorded from the North End being played. No ? Too costly. Well downsize it a bit with lots of red and yellow bedecked garden gnomes. We could each donate our own.

Brilliant idea and get it sponsored by Dobbies.

How about we contact the Chinese and get a few hundred terracotta army statues, dress them up in Thistle strips and scarves with chants recorded from the North End being played. No ? Too costly. Well downsize it a bit with lots of red and yellow bedecked garden gnomes. We could each donate our own.

They'd get smashed to bits by all the wayward shots that seem to end up on the bing.

• Like 1

If we had done that seven or eight years ago the Bunnet would've signed a few. Coming to think about it I'm not sure he didn't.

• Like 1

For me, the bing is fine the way it is. The issues are purely aesthetic so unless something can be done cheaply or free then it's really not worth the investment until it becomes economically viable to either build a stand or rule changes permitting, terracing there. Advertising boards is probably the way forward at present as these would hopefully generate funds. I'd rather it was left as is than flatten it. Disposal of spoil isn't cheap and if it was flat the ground would be less enclosed and it may adversely affect the atmosphere. The embankment could even form part of any future construction so we'd effectively be paying to remove future fill materails.

But please, not these guys:

http://www.guardian....mes-ottmar-horl

The Germans are obsessed with gnomes. remember once travelling by road (at night) between Berlin and Poznan. Once across the border into Poland there seemed to be a lit-up yard selling gnomes every kilometer. I was told that there was a huge weekend traffic from Germany with the intention of buying these monstrosities.

On the way back (by daylight) there were a couple of prostitutes by the roadside every kilometer (literally). !.

The Germans are obsessed with gnomes. remember once travelling by road (at night) between Berlin and Poznan. Once across the border into Poland there seemed to be a lit-up yard selling gnomes every kilometer. I was told that there was a huge weekend traffic from Germany with the intention of buying these monstrosities.

On the way back (by daylight) there were a couple of prostitutes by the roadside every kilometer (literally). !.

Prostitute gnomes? :o

What a bizarre idea! I really like it. Could become a great feature with interest from the media, particularly during televised games.

Brilliant idea and get it sponsored by Dobbies.

Why not? A sponsored 'paint your own' competition for the weans.

They'd get smashed to bits by all the wayward shots that seem to end up on the bing.

Have a gnome placing ceremony at the start of the season. Place your gnome where you think it might get hit and get a crappy printed certificate or carnage photo from Tommy or something, if it is.

Or a last gnome standing competition through the season.

Brilliant. I'm off to get one now...

• Like 2

Have a gnome placing ceremony at the start of the season. Place your gnome where you think it might get hit and get a crappy printed certificate or carnage photo from Tommy or something, if it is.

Ha ha. Brilliant indeed.

I must be mad or sad or both but I really like that idea! Charge everyone a fiver to place their gnome with all proceeds to Youth Development.

• Like 1

Lap of honour for the surviving gnomes at the end of the season?

Decorate your gnome with tinsel for the festivities?

Wee gnomey hats for when it's cold? Or is there under-gnome heating? :thumbsup2:

Having a gnome in your garden is a very political statement in Germany. The represent a very conservative and nationalist outlook. Your more left wing liberal types hate them. It's a huge political divide.