Tonight's Glasgow Cup

andyconnor

Id be surprised if it was only the JHS, youtube videos show Rangers fans jumping up n down standing on seats in the north stand.

Can you imagine if our young fans did this at Parkheed or Ipox, it would be headline news.

Scum! :puke:

Sorry, I was talking about the photo where a seat is being passed down. I hope pyro and smoke bomb throwers can be identified and prosecuted. I doubt it will happen though.

Sweep, sweep.

Funny how there hasn't been any incidences of pyros or smokebombs being let off at iBronx or Porkheid?

There was from the Celtic fans at Ibroke a few years ago to horror from the Rangers on how they should be banned, well I think everyone that is seen with a flair last night should get a 6 month stretch, along with the vandals who wrecked the chairs (In some of the pics you can see they have deliberately been kicked) and the one that flung the coins lighters etc at the players, to all singing sectarian bile they should get a 3 month stretch followed by crucifixion for their faiths, and both clubs getting a £50K for each fan caufght singing a banned song that will sort the problem out straight away

• Like 1

it wasnt celtic fans fault according to http://etims.net/?p=2551

this is just whats wrong with both clubs... they blame each other taking no responsibility

aye spot on..my sevco supporting mates all saying it was the tims...i said take a look at the footage on youtube i have since had no reply...its times like this you realise the equal contempt you have for the ugly bassa's!

A lot of posts about Police Scotland not stepping in to stop the damage in the JH but if you look at the stewards in the photographs in front of the trouble area they are all provided by Celtic Football Club to 'police' their own away support.

These stewards travel to away matches to police 'their own' as part of an agreement with the host clubs I presume to avoid the 'we are victims' nonsense that pervades their rantings and to ensure best behaviour.

That doesn't seem to have worked then...

Selectively misquoted though.

Here's the full text:

And it reminded everyone in Scottish football just what we have been missing. Yes, the unsavoury elements of the Rangers v Celtic clash were again here for everyone to see. At times it was intimidating and shamefully this was no place for youngsters coming to watch their team in a ‘friendly’ environment.

Here is the full text and it is quite frankly staggering:

Forget any other derby in British football. In fact, scrub any other city rivalry in Europe. No other clubs could produce the kind of atmosphere witnessed in Maryhill last night.

And it reminded everyone in Scottish football just what we have been missing. Yes, the unsavoury elements of the Rangers v Celtic clash were again here for everyone to see.

At times it was intimidating and shamefully this was no place for youngsters coming to watch their team in a ‘friendly’ environment.

The loutish behaviour and sectarian undercurrent hasn’t gone away in the last year. But in a domestic campaign which has failed to get out of second gear, this was a sharp reminder of why the Old Firm have to be the driving force behind our game.

I didn't see a single report saying the (English) FA cup semi's atmosphere was improved by Millwall fans' behaviour, or that the Premiership needs Millwall! But here we have an article clearly stating that "despite" loutish behaviour and sectarian undercurrent- this is what Scottish football needs. Absolutely unbelievable!

I think there is a solution to this. Never let them play each other again at any level. If they both get to a cup final; share it. If they are in the same division of the league ; share the points without the games being played.

Just think how much quieter hospitals and police station will be 4 or 5 times a year.

It must be really difficult for the Club to respond to this but I do hope they do. Has there been any response on behalf of Celtic and Rangers with respect to an apologie or recompense? Its a big thread so maybe I haven,t seen this

Any compensation will be dependent on the terms of the contract with Celtic, especially insurance requirements and claims. Other posters have noted that Celtic provided the stewards which could have been required by the insurers.

kni

Posted Today, 09:31 AM

topcat, on 30 April 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

It must be really difficult for the Club to respond to this but I do hope they do. Has there been any response on behalf of Celtic and Rangers with respect to an apologie or recompense? Its a big thread so maybe I haven,t seen this

Any compensation will be dependent on the terms of the contract with Celtic, especially insurance requirements and claims. Other posters have noted that Celtic provided the stewards which could have been required by the insurers.

Still no comment from OF cheeks. No comment from Thistle either but I suppose they can't until they get word what the other clubs are going to do about it. It's possible that they officially don't have any liability for the damage (or just a limited one) but it would be poor publicity for them if they refused to offer compensation. I'd hope Celtic certainly would contribute as well as apologise, as for Rangers, don't expect anything but a rubber check considering how they pay their bills.

Edited by Mr Bunny

The police are there to protect society, enforce laws and prevent the situations witnessed from escalating. Their senior officers have to take responsibility which is why i asked about their report of the game and policing decisions being made available. Remember Hillsborough and the police cover-up/collusion? It took more than 20 years for the truth to begin to come out.

It is clear that at a senior management level within the Police(and no doubt the politicians, who are apparently responsible for their oversight) that a conscious decision has been taken to ignore sectarian chanting. This is totally contrary to the spirit if not the letter of the law. The hoary old chestnut is often paraded, that the police cannot arrest thousands of people. I think back to the miner's strike and the police then were perfectly prepared to confront, sometimes with violence large numbers of strikers. Quite simply if the will is there, there is always a solution. However, the bald truth is that I see no evidence that the police have the will to tackle sectarianism in any of its forms in this country.

Still no comment from OF cheeks. No comment from Thistle either but I suppose they can't until they get word what the other clubs are going to do about it. It's possible that they officially don't have any liability for the damage (or just a limited one) but it would be poor publicity for them if they refused to offer compensation. I'd hope Celtic certainly would contribute as well as apologise, as for Rangers, don't expect anything but a rubber check considering how they pay their bills.

Sky Sports story

A bit disappointed PTFC hasn't issued a statement condoning the behavior of the ugly sisters' fans.. It would send out a strong message to scottish football that we do not condone or tolerate such behavior - seems to me the board are happy to take the revenue and keep quiet about it.

As for no actual of fences being commited????? - flares being lit in the stands(public safety), seats being ripped up(criminal damage, vsndalism)

- pyros being thrown at the Celtic defenders from the north stand and also sectarian singing. to name but a few.

Disgusting behavior

• Like 1

http://www.philmacgi...mage/#more-3694

Good blog by a 'tic fan on this: though one or two of the comments show some of his fellow fans too thick or bigoted to appreciate his points (thus proving them).

Not a bad effort, that. Maybe with some practice he'll be able to write paragraphs that consist of more than one sentence. As for the comments, it's the usual range of "it wis their fault", "sorry on behalf of", etc. etc. One even suggests that the problem could be eradicated by having concrete benches as seating instead of individual seats!