Mcnamara - You Couldn't Make It Up...

The story's been tweeted by a number of journalists and posted on the BBC and STV sites.

Heard it on the radio as well!

Thanks.

This is astonishing behaviour from McNamara. As has been said already, Thistle have done a great deal to help him with his career. I imagine the Board are seething about this, I hope his contract was unambiguous.

I don't believe in organised boycotts. I wouldn't sink to Sevco's level. Anybody who wants to watch their football team should be allowed to do so without judgement. I, however, will not be travelling to Dundee next season. They will not get my money. I like elevenone's idea of donating gate money to Thistle. If 1,000 of us did that it would be a useful sum of money. Unfortunately we will possibly only play them away once as the sh!tebags will be in the bottom six in McNamara's last season as a football manager.

Pathetic, a week on from being presented with the 1st Division Trophy, that snake has put yet another dampener on the club's success. We need that £80,000 right now for new player contracts. DU should do the decent thing now and pay up, regardless of what he is saying. We the fans (not the club) should give DU an ultimatum to pay the money before the end of May or the boycott is on. But would fans be willing to contribute say £40 'Tannadice' cash in advance of the season? I suppose it could be volunteered on top of the season ticket price, like the one off hospitality at the beginning of this season.

Edited by weebaldie

Still can't believe this. What an absolute scum bag of a human being McNamara is!!! I'm all for boycotting tanadice next season but when that little snake comes calling at firhill the gloves will well and truly be off. I only hope now common sense will prevail and the footballing world sees exactly the kind of man macnamara is.

the whole 80K thing I can understand as he wanted to go but we didnt want to let him go for peanuts, so he resigned thinking we wouldnt get a penny and he would get his dream job before going to Porkheid, I really thought Mcnamara was better than this, I'm not a very intelligent person but its beyond me how someone can request a bonus payment for half a job they've done. so if we had won the Ramsdens would he be demanding the prize from that aswell? if we would have lost the league would he be after half the money from finishing second. are we now entitled to prize money now hes finished in the top 6. i hope he gets his wee celtic baws booted.

I fcukin loved McNamara, now I hate him, just a wee scumbag bar steward after all we done for him. i can now see him coming in for doolan lawless and o donnell out of sheer cuntiness.

I don't beleve for one second that McNamara will ever be able to make this ludicrous claim stick in court. Its plain daft. But I also find it even dafter that some folk would even consider handing money over to DU to boost their coffers even more and contribute to the bonuses of the utd players when we are down £80k. The need for the twelth man at tannadice is a red herring in all of this. Archie will have them well ready for that one. The suggestion of giving the money to thistle is spot on. Even people who don't always go to away games could be attracted to this idea and it would send out a message to other clubs to avoid such shabby behaviour as it will backfire. Boycotting tannadice is the right thing to do.No doubt.

• Like 1

Probably the thinking is, if we're trying to enforce his old contract, then he'll make a claim on the promotion bonus clause.

Depends how his old contract was written up as to whether or not it's got a chance, but don't forget we thought we were dealing with a decent guy when it was drafted...

Main reason for this will be to raise the prospect of costing so much money that it becomes uneconomical to pursue the case, due to the lawyers fees, and we agree to either a reduced settlement, or drop it altogether.

I REALLY hate everything about Dundee Utd now! Bet they're looking for a way to prevent us getting promoted...

I know I'm being naive here & seeing things in black & white & not legal stuff, contracts etc but...

This goes to court, what do we know as fact?

1. JM (& SD) sign new contracts. its said publicly that it works for all parties in terms of more money for them & we get money if/when they move on.

2. We gave permission for JM to talk to DU- terms of his new contract met.

3. JM leaves to go to DU but we don't release him from his new contract- terms of his new contract not met. (Otherwise we'd have to let him go I'm guessing like a release clause.)

4. Thistle sue JM for breach of contract- terms of new contract breached.

5. JM countersues looking for promotion bonus- as in terms of new contract that he breached.

I think we'd be quite happy to see this go to court as it will be JM that has most to lose imo.

When he left we were 5 points behind at the top of the league, albeit with 2 games in hand, having not won an away game in league since September, from memory, & having to play the team at the top of the league in a couple of weeks which would've put them in a great position.

I think I'm right in saying IF we win today Archie matches JM points total in less games.

Like I said black & white, but all factual- evidence if you like.

I know that's without knowing what went on behind the scenes but honestly can't see where JM (& DU for that matter) comes out of his with any creditibility whatever the result.

Is Peter Houston entitled to any bonuses JM won at DU? After all same principle that JM using for us would apply.

Bill Leckie even gone quiet on this subject. Maybe should text/email/tweet Radio Scotland to find out Jim Spence's view on it.

Edited by Trotter

I know I'm being naive here & seeing things in black & white & not legal stuff, contracts etc but...

This goes to court, what do we know as fact?

1. JM (& SD) sign new contracts. its said publicly that it works for all parties in terms of more money for them & we get money if/when they move on.

2. We gave permission for JM to talk to DU- terms of his new contract met.

3. JM leaves to go to DU but we don't release him from his new contract- terms of his new contract not met. (Otherwise we'd have to let him go I'm guessing like a release clause.)

4. Thistle sue JM for breach of contract- terms of new contract breached.

5. JM countersues looking for promotion bonus- as in terms of new contract that he breached.

I think we'd be quite happy to see this go to court as it will be JM that has most to lose imo.

When he left we were 5 points behind at the top of the league, albeit with 2 games in hand, having not won an away game in league since September, from memory, & having to play the team at the top of the league in a couple of weeks which would've put them in a great position.

I think I'm right in saying IF we win today Archie matches JM points total in less games.

Like I said black & white, but all factual- evidence if you like.

I know that's without knowing what went on behind the scenes but honestly can't see where JM (& DU for that matter) comes out of his with any creditibility whatever the result.

Is Peter Houston entitled to any bonuses JM won at DU? After all same principle that JM using for us would apply.

Bill Leckie even gone quiet on this subject. Maybe should text/email/tweet Radio Scotland to find out Jim Spence's view on it.

Fat chance of getting anyone to ask Jackie questions on radio as he appears to be a bit of a media darling.

If asked if he felt he was morally entitled to a championship bonus he would obviously swerve it citing legal grounds but the question should at least be put to him.

Ironic thing is that I spoke with one of the players at the celebrations in the star & garter and he told me that that he truly believed we wouldn't have won the league had McNamara stayed.He liked him but felt that Archies tactics were far better away from home. McNamara he said told them to play the exact same way all the time.Makes mcnamaras claim all the more ridiculous.

Saw somewhere - not a media outlet so could just be rumour - that he's claiming £40K. Is that for all or half a season? I'm surprised we'd be able to offer that much though I suppose with SPL money and all that. And is Archie getting the rest or is he trying to claim the lot?

Apart from all that I hope this time (unlike in the past) the club has gotten lawyers to go very carefully over the claims and make sure we are in the right - legally and technically I mean. We've been stung in the past rushing to court and finding our case wasn't as good as we thought.

Edited by Mr Bunny

That's a good point. You would think there's some sort of incentive for SPL clubs to finish in the top six. Also Houston didn't just walk out like McNamara, United wanted him gone.

Do you think Jackie wants a winners medal too?

Saw somewhere - not a media outlet so could just be rumour - that he's claiming £40K. Is that for all or half a season? I'm surprised we'd be able to offer that much though I suppose with SPL money and all that. And is Archie getting the rest or is he trying to claim the lot?

Apart from all that I hope this time (unlike in the past) the club has gotten lawyers to go very carefully over the claims and make sure we are in the right - legally and technically I mean. We've been stung in the past rushing to court and finding our case wasn't as good as we thought.

Haven't seen it myself but believe the figure of £40k quoted in Daily Record this morning.

The whole lawyers thing an interesting one & got me thinking. Surely 'Just Employment Law' would have something to do with it?

This is yet another example of how out of touch "football people" are from reality. In addition, as far as I am concerned it is the final nail in the coffin for the reputation of one J. McNamara. Fed up defending the indefensible, he has revealed himself to be nothing more than a self serving individual, interested only with serving his own interests regardless,

• Like 1

they stars could mean anything, put in a cupla asteriks or something!

In my opinion he is a b****g of the highest order. Am sure you could find plenty of words to describe him. W***** is another one that comes to mind!

Does anyone know how much he was on at Firhill? 40k seems an absurd amount to claim in comparison to what we might have been paying him! Added to that is the fact we werent top of the league when he left and he broke his own contract to go to Utd - entitled to feck all id say. Dundee Utd have a track record of not paying up/delaying payments to clubs and players and should be reported to the sfa/spl.

Does Ian McCall get a payment too? He signed some of the players who won us promotion!

Edited by thistledave78