Favourite Players When You Were Wee...

Veejag

...who weren't that good.

I'll suggest David Moss, who I thought was brilliant. Gareth Evans too.

Bizarrely, Kevin McKee was a favourite of mine. Remember getting numerous programmes signed by him down the front of the JHS pre match.

So, any other nominees? Will be interesting to see the various eras...

My daughter (Wee Honk) went to Thistle games from a very young age and her first hero was Tommy Callaghan, who was not much of a player.

He sure wasn't :lol:

I remember in one game he did something to raise a cheer from the home fans. I think he beat a couple of players and passed the ball to a Thistle player. When the crowd cheered I remember him raising his arms in the air. I'm sure he had a wry smile on his face as well :D

Dan McLinden - despite that wonder goal - was a player I liked, but normally as effective as North Korea's long-range missiles.

Quite liked Nobby Clark, but rather we hadn't signed him. At a time when we had Donnie McKinnon, Jackie Campbell and Hugh Strachan, he still got quite a number of starts - notably against Honved. Groan.

In my younger days, I liked Rod McDonald although he could never be described as prolific. Living in Essex I went to see him play for Chester City at Colchester in a thrilling nil all draw at Layer Road. Speaking of pish players, have you seen the games/goals ratio for Steve Maskrey on Wikipedia? 2 goals in 2 games?