Kilmarnock v Hamilton Academical

Airdrieonians v Livingston

Partick Thistle v Cowdenbeath

Queen of the South v St Mirren

Aberdeen v Alloa Athletic

Raith Rovers v Heart of Midlothian

Falkirk v Dunfermline Athletic

Ties to be played 27th/28th August 2013

^ Not bad at all with County, the Buddies, the Arabs all away. It will be a long and tiring trip for County! Rovers are a tough draw for Hearts if they are still in existence by then. Bomber Brown vs The Bunnet could provide another Cupset.

Grrr... don't get me going on my pet peeve... any tourney that bounces you straight into the last 16 is a farce in my book... just 4 single games to win a Cup? It's been chopped away for years 'til it's got to this stage. Used to be 6 mini League games just to get the 2nd Round! Then it was home and way into single games. Now just 4 single games. Pah.

When you put it like that, 4 games to win a cup does somewhat devalue it. Farce!

Haven't we had a few hiccups over the years with Cowdenbeath at home in the Scottish cup. I remember in '78 we had a really dodgy game where we equalised in injury time with a goal from Big Dennis and then had to wait weeks for the replay as it get getting cancelled. Of course we did get to Hampden for a 4-2 stuffing by Aberdeen in the semi that year.

Then in '93, in what was a truly great Premier season, they beat us 1 nil in the Scottish Cup again with Don McVicar missing a penalty. Not too sure about our League Cup record against them though, but there's always last years Ramsden's semi to look back on.

Haven't we had a few hiccups over the years with Cowdenbeath at home in the Scottish cup. I remember in '78 we had a really dodgy game where we equalised in injury time with a goal from Big Dennis and then had to wait weeks for the replay as it get getting cancelled. Of course we did get to Hampden for a 4-2 stuffing by Aberdeen in the semi that year.

was it 78? I always thought it was earlier. Also, was Dennis not away to Hearts by then?

^ In regards to above conversations and for anyone who's interested in such stuff...

I'd recommend this Partick Thistle mini-site for those curiosity moments. Head to heads on the left menu. Of course, while I was there couldn't resist a wee decko... Our overall cup record vs. Cowdenbeath is very good (9-3-3, 29-19). This'll be our fourth season playing them in the League Cup - they've only got the better of us once in the competition - last time out in fact with a 3-0 win at Central Park on 21.08.1984.

I dunno what folks use for checking goalscorers but I find Stu The Jags season by season section perfect for that job. All seasons goalscorers at a single page glance. Plus, occasional press reports where available. In regards to Sunnylaw's game in question you should read what Bertie had to say about Roughie. Ouch...

• 3 weeks later...

Lucky bump.

Three top flight victims last night, holders out. Jags survive thanks to Scott Fox. Can we go all the way to Hampden? Who knows? With our No.1 we've got a chance in every match, on form or not.

Incidentally, the last time we beat Cowdenbeath in a League Cup knockout tie (in 1956) we did go all the way to the Final. Just sayin'… :whistling:

And what a pity Alloa and Raith Rovers lost on penalties – if they had prevailed we'd have been seeded for the draw.

All eyes to Easter Road for the 3rd Round draw tomorrow morning, 11.30am.

Seeded

Celtic

Motherwell

St Johnstone

Hibernian

Fake Thistle

Aberdeen

Heart of Midlothian

Dundee United or Dundee

A Dumbarton win tonight and then Dundee at home please.