266 members have voted

1. 1. Are we

• Season ticket holders
    • Non Season ticket holders but regular attendees
    • Non season ticket ...irregular attendees
    • Jags fan go once a season or less
    • Not a jags fan...here for the banter
    • Nomad

Don't blame the board. Don't like them, think they are doing a rotten job but that's not the reason why I no longer attend.

Just can't be bothered going any more. Love Thistle, just don't enjoy matchdays anymore, and surely their has to be some element of enjoyment! Sad thing to say but I'd rather spend my money in the pub watching Soccer Saturday than attend Firhill these days, never ever thought I would say that but there you go.

Yep, and unfortunately for Scottish football, there are increasingly more people like you, preferring to watch football from the comfort of home or the pub, which contributes to emptier stadia, reduced atmosphere etc.

You might indeed love Thistle, but if you never go to see them at Firhill or support them financially in some other way, then I wouldn't actually consider you to be a supporter.

Yep, and unfortunately for Scottish football, there are increasingly more people like you, preferring to watch football from the comfort of home or the pub, which contributes to emptier stadia, reduced atmosphere etc.

You might indeed love Thistle, but if you never go to see them at Firhill or support them financially in some other way, then I wouldn't actually consider you to be a supporter.

But that's simply not the case. Pubs were much busier on Saturday afternoons years ago than they are now. It's maybe an important point as historically a large proportion of fans left pubs for the game, more often than not in groups. That indicates to me that stay away fans are even further distanced (both geographically and culturally) from Firhill.

I agree entirely with the rest of your post. Maybe there is a difference between being a fan and being a supporter :unsure:

Guest Argus

Don't blame the board. Don't like them, think they are doing a rotten job but that's not the reason why I no longer attend.

Just can't be bothered going any more. Love Thistle, just don't enjoy matchdays anymore, and surely their has to be some element of enjoyment! Sad thing to say but I'd rather spend my money in the pub watching Soccer Saturday than attend Firhill these days, never ever thought I would say that but there you go.

An honest answer.

The Board could learn from such truth and transparency.

But tell us what would make you go back?

Is it as simple as a winning team?

One of the reasons I became a Thistle man was because unlike the old firm fans, Jags fans seemed to love and follow their club, including going to Firhill on match day, whether the team was winning or not! The Jags fans I met in Glasgow seemed to be jovial and happy to support their team regardless of the results, or for that matter any possible issues with the stadium or atmosphere therein. On the other hand the gers and celts fans I met were often angry souls who slagged off their team if they performed poorly - even booing the team they claim to love (which I find disgusting).

None of the excuses I have read here for not fully supporting our club suffice in my opinion. If you make feeble excuses to stay away then things are only going to get worse. Get out there and support our team! If I lived in Glasgow I'd be at every game I could possibly make, even if we were at the bottom of division 3 and Firhill was falling to bits. I don't think there's any excuse for this treachery! B)

'I'm a better fan than you'. Give us a break mate, don't need to justify how much of a 'fan' I am to you, been following the club through thick and thin for years but have came to the conclusion that it isn't very much fun at the moment. 'I actually wouldn't consider you a supporter.' Thanks for your views they are much appreciated.

'I'm a better fan than you'. Give us a break mate, don't need to justify how much of a 'fan' I am to you, been following the club through thick and thin for years but have came to the conclusion that it isn't very much fun at the moment. 'I actually wouldn't consider you a supporter.' Thanks for your views they are much appreciated.

As is your money at the pub, or wherever you prefer to spend it now instead of supporting your team.

;)

As is your money at the pub, or wherever you prefer to spend it now instead of supporting your team.

;)

Thanks again for your input, actually quite funny.

:)

There are loads of folk like myself who would rather spend their money in the pub than go and watch Scottish football. You might not like that fact but there you go, doesn't make it right but that's the way I feel at the moment. Correct me if I'm wrong but is football not supposed to offer some enjoyment, I don't enjoy it anymore, hence I don't go.

Thanks again for your input, actually quite funny.

:)

There are loads of folk like myself who would rather spend their money in the pub than go and watch Scottish football. You might not like that fact but there you go, doesn't make it right but that's the way I feel at the moment. Correct me if I'm wrong but is football not supposed to offer some enjoyment, I don't enjoy it anymore, hence I don't go.

I've nothing against people doing whatever they like with their money, if it's legal. My only point (and I'm probably labouring it to death, but here goes for one final time), is that unless you give some kind of financial support to your team, then in my book you're not actually a supporter. Somebody with a soft spot for the team, maybe, but not a supporter. When does this transformation take place? I don't know (haven't actually thought about it); after 6 months? A year? No idea, but it happens.

Edited to add: Don't take this personally; I'm thinking of all lapsed supporters of all teams.

Edited by Jaggernaut

I've nothing against people doing whatever they like with their money, if it's legal. My only point (and I'm probably labouring it to death, but here goes for one final time), is that unless you give some kind of financial support to your team, then in my book you're not actually a supporter. Somebody with a soft spot for the team, maybe, but not a supporter. When does this transformation take place? I don't know (haven't actually thought about it); after 6 months? A year? No idea, but it happens.

Edited to add: Don't take this personally; I'm thinking of all lapsed supporters of all teams.

Your entitled to your opinion but we'll never agree because quite frankly I think your talking nonsense but hey ho life would be a boring place if everyone had the same views. I'm sure I'll be back at Firhill to join you superfan's sometime in the future. :P