i won't be giving the snake 90 minutes of abuse.

i will however be giving it to him periodically.

as i will to Paton.

and goodwillie who failed to impress down south.

and their keeper.

and whoever else is in that bogging strip of theirs.

with exception of the bridge (who may not even play, given preseason selections of theirs).

but if or when he does a mistake, or misses a chance, or his teammates let him down in a move, i hope we all give him a rousing version of "you'll want to come home" on each occassion.

i hope all Jags supporters will back the boys in red and yellow throughout the 90 minutes, and are vocal and extremely loud and proud when they do so.

but i would also hope that interspersed among that backing of our lads, that at every given opportunity, the snake and all his players (excepting the Bridge) are given both barrels, with equally loud chants.

lets back our kids 200% but at same time wind up every one of their players and management team.

lets scare the living daylights out of the opposition, while backing our players and management team, to the hilt.

and lets keep the northstand red and yellow, and make sure our board knows the strength and depth of feeling on it.

lets make Firhill a cauldron of noise, a hugely intimidating atmosphere on friday evening AND for every home game this season.

lets be the 12th man.

#wegotthis

BELIEVE!!!

I'm not afraid to admit that this brought a tear to my eye.

I'll be in he North Stand and, like the sheep that I am, will just sing with the majority. I just hope that everything we do helps win us the inches we need to win, would love to be singing McNamara songs in the last few minutes if we've got a decent cushion. Because singing wont really bother him, losing will.

We should be singing about McNamara, Erskine and Paton. Even if you hold no malice towards them. We need to make it a cauldron on Friday night, and as long as what's being said isn't too out of order, it'll make the atmosphere all the better. We all wanted Dundee United on the first day, because we know it's going to be electric and we can get it right up them with a win.

And players say it all the time - and to some of them it will ring true - when they hear the crowd absolutely buzzing, it has a positive effect.

I can't wait. :D

Saw reading that article that Ross County are expecting to give Celtic a guard of honour for their flag day.

Will Dundee United give us one? That would really rub it into the wee fud.

good point. they should.

another opportunity to crank it up before a balls even kicked, with renditions of championeees and something like

(to tune of should have kept your fking mouth shut allan moore)

you never won us the league mcnamara

it was alan archibald, alan archibald

alan archibald who won us the league

We should be singing about McNamara, Erskine and Paton. Even if you hold no malice towards them. We need to make it a cauldron on Friday night, and as long as what's being said isn't too out of order, it'll make the atmosphere all the better. We all wanted Dundee United on the first day, because we know it's going to be electric and we can get it right up them with a win.

And players say it all the time - and to some of them it will ring true - when they hear the crowd absolutely buzzing, it has a positive effect.

I can't wait. :D

And as Neil Lennon is forever saying.... i'll happily spend 90 minutes being the bad guy taking all the abuse, if it takes the pressure off my players and allows them to perform.

Edited by potty trained

good point. they should.

another opportunity to crank it up before a balls even kicked, with renditions of championeees and something like

(to tune of should have kept your fking mouth shut allan moore)

it was alan archibald, alan archibald

alan archibald who won us the league

dont really think they lyrics go with that tune!

Thistle now rightly reduced the price of Dundee united tickets in line with the rest of the ground.

. Quite right too, the whole notion of sporting integrity surely should rule out these practices. Much as I am no fan of Celtic or Sevco, I disagree with their supporters being charged more than other teams, too. Especially when their traveling support is nothing like it used to be.

PotM, have you got a link... I can't believe we've done that.

https://twitter.com/ThistleTweet

1st reply (at the moment) is "All under 16s will now be charged at £5 for the match on Friday."

The Matchday Admission section of the official site has been updated to reflect this

http://ptfc.co.uk/matchday/admission_prices

it just seems like the club are making things up as they go along! first its free, then its only free for a limited number, then its £22 now its £20, the game will end up changing to Saturday or something now, shambles of a club off the park, its run like a boys club.

Very disappointed with this.

We can't charge away fans 2 pound more, so we'll charge your weans a fiver.

We were giving them a good deal by allowing their U16s in for nothing. They ignored that and just complained about being charged £2 extra.

It seems totally fair to me. IMO the club should be charging away U16 fans them the same as a concession, £14.

If they don't like it they can stop out U16s getting in for free, oh wait...

We were giving them a good deal by allowing their U16s in for nothing. They ignored that and just complained about being charged £2 extra.

It seems totally fair to me. IMO the club should be charging away U16 fans them the same as a concession, £14.

If they don't like it they can stop out U16s getting in for free, oh wait...

TC, what thistle were doing isn't allowed, we had to charge them 20.

Edited by potty trained