Celtic Ban Green Brigade

uberteeb

Breaking all over Twitter that Celtic have taken the decision to shut down the section of Parkhead where the Green Brigade gather because they cannot obey stadium rules.

Over to you Mr Beattie.

If their own club can ban them then it would be unbelievable if we still insist on inconveniencing hundreds of loyal Thistle supporters to accomodate these degenerates.

• Like 3

They have basically stated they cannot control them at home, so why should we at Firhill, and if they are banned at home they will be making up for it away from home, expect loads of incidents.

Ban them Mr Beattie, before it comes back to haunt you with an incident in our ground

If Green Brigade are banned from their own home then I cannot see Celtic giving them away match tickets - would defeat the purpose of the ban, if its true. So I cannot see how there will be loads of incidents unless the Green Brigade try to buy Thistle end tickets

From Thistle's point of view, this means the potential trouble makers should not be at the game so the North Stand should remain as a Thistle section.

Green Brigade's response.

"The Green Brigade are disappointed to announce that our section in 111 is to be closed by Celtic Football Club. Pathetically, this is due to ‘lateral movement’ which has been deemed ‘unsafe’ by the club’s directors. Our group and section has continually made concessions and strived to be co-operative with the club over various safety concerns so we are left dismayed that such drastic and immediate action has been taken over such a trivial and harmless movement.

"The group is currently seeking legal advice and will consult with those in our section over the coming days. A detailed statement shall be released over the next few days and we’d advise all within our section to take no action until we have had the opportunity to discuss our options together. We would like to stress that this is not the end of the Green Brigade. Decisions and hurdles like these will only strengthen our group’s resolve. We would like to thank the Celtic support who have continually backed, funded and inspired our group from our formation to the present day and can assure you that none of this support will have been in vain."

There must be much more to this closure than just "lateral movement".

Edited by kni

Without meaning to complicate things, are we still looking to ban the entire Celtic support, or can we stipulate to them that they can't sell to green brigade?

Although I'd imagine if they have banned them from parkhead then they wouldn't sell them any away tickets.

Maybe they can now be housed in the main stand if the pyro-maniacs amongst them have been banned.

Further to the above, even when the main stand is full, I struggle to hear much noise coming from it. I think the noise gets kept under that roof.

Really don't want our most vocal supporters in the main stand if we can help it. I could hardly hear a peep from the Morton or United fans.

Edited by cjptfc

Without meaning to complicate things, are we still looking to ban the entire Celtic support, or can we stipulate to them that they can't sell to green brigade?

Although I'd imagine if they have banned them from parkhead then they wouldn't sell them any away tickets.

Maybe they can now be housed in the main stand if the pyro-maniacs amongst them have been banned.

They can be given the away section of the JHS and nothing else.

Green Brigade's response.

"The Green Brigade are disappointed to announce that our section in 111 is to be closed by Celtic Football Club. Pathetically, this is due to ‘lateral movement’ which has been deemed ‘unsafe’ by the club’s directors. Our group and section has continually made concessions and strived to be co-operative with the club over various safety concerns so we are left dismayed that such drastic and immediate action has been taken over such a trivial and harmless movement.

"The group is currently seeking legal advice and will consult with those in our section over the coming days. A detailed statement shall be released over the next few days and we’d advise all within our section to take no action until we have had the opportunity to discuss our options together. We would like to stress that this is not the end of the Green Brigade. Decisions and hurdles like these will only strengthen our group’s resolve. We would like to thank the Celtic support who have continually backed, funded and inspired our group from our formation to the present day and can assure you that none of this support will have been in vain."

There must be much more to this closure than just "lateral movement".

I wonder if any of these loathsome creatures has heard of the expression "No-one is bigger than the club" ?

what is lateral movement anyway just out of interest??

Pretty sure its the Poznan thing or whatever its called....you know the bit when they turn their back and jump up and down when they score.....no chance of that happening on Oct 26...lol

unfortunately, the green brigade have not been banned from parkhead.

the area they occupy (section 111) is to be closed.

ticket holders in that section are to be offered the choice of a refund, or to relocate elsewhere in the stadium.

so, like the zombies, they are only moving the deckchairs, shifting the problem in a short term measure, before it rears it's ugly head again, and making no real moves to eradicate or deal with the issue properly.

what is lateral movement anyway just out of interest??

Pretty sure its the Poznan thing or whatever its called....you know the bit when they turn their back and jump up and down when they score.....no chance of that happening on Oct 26...lol

I'm reliably informed they refuse to move from standing in the stairway thus they're continually blocking it. That's obviously a major health & safety issue.

unfortunately, the green brigade have not been banned from parkhead.

the area they occupy (section 111) is to be closed.

ticket holders in that section are to be offered the choice of a refund, or to relocate elsewhere in the stadium.

so, like the zombies, they are only moving the deckchairs, shifting the problem in a short term measure, before it rears it's ugly head again, and making no real moves to eradicate or deal with the issue properly.

I suppose it's like divide and conquer. They hope that they can't get many seats in the same part of the ground.

Do you have to get a tattoo or something to join the Green Brigade? How do you ban only certain members of your support?

Sure, you can close the part of the ground where they congregate, but what's done apart from that?

I believe the only requirements are to be functionally illiterate but handy with Blu-Tack.

02.Celtic%2B9%2B-%2BAberdeen%2B0%2B%252806-11-2010%2529.jpg