Curry & A Pint? No Thanks

potty trained

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2013-2014/august_2013/friday_night_curry_a_pint

Seems Sporting Solutions are running the old curry and a pint night for the Hearts game.

We’re looking forward to another fantastic night of Football on Friday 16th August and our second Premiership match of this season, this time against Hearts who will be travelling to Firhill.

After the fantastic atmosphere in the ground and hospitality suites at the club with our first foray into Friday night Football, we want to offer the opportunity for another lively night and so are opening our famous Alan Rough suite in the Jackie Husband stand for a Curry and A Pint.

With a choice of two curries, a pint (or glass of wine) on arrival, a complimentary match day programme and your ticket for the game with luxury hospitality seating in the Jackie Husband Stand for £50 including VAT we hope you will be able to join us. And don’t forget the pie and tea/coffee will be included in the cost at half time – it wouldn’t be football without it!

Doors open at 6.00pm for a 7.45pm Kick Off with a cash bar available both pre and post match. Bar remains open for an hour after the game.

To book this great offer, please contact us at PTFC hospitality on 0141 948 0570 and select option 3 or email [email protected]

So, £27 for a choice of 1 of 2 curries, a pint, a pie and a cup of tea?

Think i will be going to Cube Cafe on Garscube Road, £4.50 for a Fish Tea, or £1 for a pie.

• Like 1

The club did one last year that was ran by Satty Singh and by all accounts was a great success and the food was top notch but given that sporting solutions are running this one I doubt it would be the same quality, no discounts either if you are a season ticket holder

Killermont Polo Club £9.95 buffet is a much better option

http://ptfc.co.uk/ne...ht_curry_a_pint

Seems Sporting Solutions are running the old curry and a pint night for the Hearts game.

We’re looking forward to another fantastic night of Football on Friday 16th August and our second Premiership match of this season, this time against Hearts who will be travelling to Firhill.

After the fantastic atmosphere in the ground and hospitality suites at the club with our first foray into Friday night Football, we want to offer the opportunity for another lively night and so are opening our famous Alan Rough suite in the Jackie Husband stand for a Curry and A Pint.

With a choice of two curries, a pint (or glass of wine) on arrival, a complimentary match day programme and your ticket for the game with luxury hospitality seating in the Jackie Husband Stand for £50 including VAT we hope you will be able to join us. And don’t forget the pie and tea/coffee will be included in the cost at half time – it wouldn’t be football without it!

Doors open at 6.00pm for a 7.45pm Kick Off with a cash bar available both pre and post match. Bar remains open for an hour after the game.

To book this great offer, please contact us at PTFC hospitality on 0141 948 0570 and select option 3 or email [email protected]

So, £27 for a choice of 1 of 2 curries, a pint, a pie and a cup of tea?

Think i will be going to Cube Cafe on Garscube Road, £4.50 for a Fish Tea, or £1 for a pie.

Ashoka west end, 2 courses and 3 pints for £20 stroll up to the game buy a programme, ticket and have change for a pint after

Edited by Norgethistle

I'm sure I read somewhere that Sporting Solutions don't do hospitality anymore, but it's clear they're doing this. Rip off pricing right enough, just go to Mr Singhs and walk up!

I'd rather go to the Killermont Polo than support that Sevco-ist - although the best deals at the Killermont are on weekday lunchtimes.

Dear John,

I must pass on this magnificent opportunity. I have sampled your wares previously, albeit in pie form, and I can honestly say it was a culinary experience that will live long in the memory. The mind doth boggle at the thought of what you will do with the humble curry format. The problem is, however, that redecorating my toilet with a speckled-egg finish would render it incongruous with the rest of the bathroom suite.

With best wishes,

Stewarty

• Like 3

I'm sure I read somewhere that Sporting Solutions don't do hospitality anymore, but it's clear they're doing this. Rip off pricing right enough, just go to Mr Singhs and walk up!

They still run hospitality. They have however changed their supplier for hospitality food. I'm sure it's been mentioned on here that the supplier is En Croute, who used to do it.

I don't think they have changed the food supplier for the pie stalls, the plebs can have the same shite as normal. But the big boys need better food.

They still run hospitality. They have however changed their supplier for hospitality food. I'm sure it's been mentioned on here that the supplier is En Croute, who used to do it.

So we've got new suppliers. Who've had issues perhaps and have sub-contracted to another supplier. The one they replaced.

Is this what you're saying?

Bizarre is one word for it. There are others.

So we've got new suppliers. Who've had issues perhaps and have sub-contracted to another supplier. The one they replaced.

Is this what you're saying?

Bizarre is one word for it. There are others.

From what i have picked up on here, yes.

Its a great pity that the kiosk food isn't deemed bad enough to have the supplier changed, just the hospitality.

This mob must be making a fortune from us

Pies selling at £3 ?? Buying them at say 10p if in bulk of 1000 so selling them all is £2900 profit

Could probably treble that with bovrils, watered down coke and crap hot dogs on a Saturday.

Then the curry night £50, curry for tops a tenner including the beer and pie, that leaves £40, does the club get the £20 admission??? or does it miss out?

That could be another £2000 if 50 folk turn up.

They don't pay their staff as they are the press ganged back to work scheme, so we also pay the wages through our taxes

They will pay little or no tax or VAT as they are a "Not for Profit" organisation, who (allegedly) plough the cash back into the community

We will pay for the electricity etc

Zero overheads, tons of profit and crap service