Just In - Ross County

Highlandjag

Absolutely brilliant and everyone played well. Back 4 terrific with O'donnel and ATS bombing forward and getting behind the County defence. Lawless took his 2 goals well and was a constant menace. Absolutely nothing wrong with Higginbothams goal and he looks a good signing. I wouldn't change the starting line-up for the Hearts game. If this is a taste of the rest of the season then we are in for a brilliant year. Support although not huge was very vocal and really got behind the team despite the stewards trying to spoil the fun. Players appreciated the fans at the end and Fox in particular looked over the moon. Just a great time to be a Thistle fan.

• Like 10

Should always look up, never look below, think not negative, but positive.

If you aim for the sky, the ceiling you may only reach ..... but aim only for the ceiling and not only not reach it you may, but you will certainly never reach the sky.

Edited by yoda-jag

Adams slams worst ever performance.

"I think it's probably the worst performance I've had since I became Ross County manager."

"The players who came in didn't do well enough and the players we had last year didn't perform," said Adams.

"I didn't see us forcing a way back into the match. We should have pushed forward a bit more, but it was a bit of anxiousness in our play after we lost a couple of goals.

"When we got into good areas, we didn't pick out the right option, but defensively, we didn't look solid - there was gaps all over the pitch and from that point of view, we need to get back to what we were doing well.

"We didn't pass the ball well enough, we didn't get close enough to the Partick Thistle players - we have to do that better. Individually, the players have to look at themselves and perform better next week."

Are you Sally in disguise? ;)

Edited by kni

I agree, It is a great time to be a Jag, even one living so far away. I wish I'd been there instead of suffering with BBC sport not knowing the spellings of scorers or even the score for the last 5 minutes of play.

did 'lawleff' (according to the b.b.c.) score a double again. thought they wid have his name right by noo

If you aim for the sky, the ceiling you may only reach ..... but aim only for the ceiling and not only not reach it you may, but you will certainly never reach the sky.

pessmists are more likely to have a less depressed outlook because if they dont expect anything good, anything good that happens is a bonus

Absolutely brilliant and everyone played well. Back 4 terrific with O'donnel and ATS bombing forward and getting behind the County defence. Lawless took his 2 goals well and was a constant menace. Absolutely nothing wrong with Higginbothams goal and he looks a good signing. I wouldn't change the starting line-up for the Hearts game. If this is a taste of the rest of the season then we are in for a brilliant year. Support although not huge was very vocal and really got behind the team despite the stewards trying to spoil the fun. Players appreciated the fans at the end and Fox in particular looked over the moon. Just a great time to be a Thistle fan.

Agree with all this. What a terrific performance, Thistle looked very sharp and dominated the game apart from a wee 10 minute spell before and after the County goal. It's not an exaggeration to say the scoreline flattered the opposition. Also I would like to add Dools was excellent, great to see him get off the mark this season.

• Like 1

what a game today, we fitbawed them off the park from start to finish. should've been 4 or 5-1.Apart from a Carey free kick their only shot on goal took a big deflection over Fox and looped into the net. Not a single failure in team, from Fox to Baird and Higgy coming on as subs we were tremendous.At times it looked like we had an extra man on the park, County couldn't get near us,we looked faster, stronger, fitter and we wanted it more. the energy in this young team is unreal, big Sincy and SOD still bombing up the wings and the immense Stevie Lawless chasing back biting at their ankles.In terms of performance it was up there with any game last season, probably better considering the opposition and what they achieved last season. Wee Jimmy Cragsy's ball through for Bannigan to square to Lawless was delightful, big Munro didn't know who to mark, who to close down, who to tackle, he's finished at this level, he's slower than Stevie Fulton. McLean was hopeless aswell!

Derek Adams is saying its the worst performance since he took over!

• Like 1

Spot on. Football wrecked over recent years by cowardly managers who play 'percentage football.' would love it if archie has the courage to stick with a young group, instructed to pass and take responsibility... And basically try abd win games by playing football. . I think he might based on evidence so far - plus he has a team who it's hard to see getting out-muscled in the way that they did when macnamara's team could. So there is no need to sign journeymen.

Hopefully many clubs are realising that pish entertainment and spl survival adds up to non- survival of the game in general - and thistle can be part of a brave new world - mainly scottish players who can play and with a team ethic snd toughness that used to characetrise scottish teams.

Sorry, i'm pished obviously.

• Like 1

Brilliant result.Good to see another manager moaning about their own teams performance rather than acknowledging thistle's efforts. How many of us told people last season that this was the best thistle team in years but got the usual condescending responses. Hopefully we will have stacks of points on board and heading for Europe before managers and pundits alike sit up and take notice.What a time to be a jag right enough.

• Like 2

Adams slams worst ever performance.

"I think it's probably the worst performance I've had since I became Ross County manager."

"The players who came in didn't do well enough and the players we had last year didn't perform," said Adams.

"I didn't see us forcing a way back into the match. We should have pushed forward a bit more, but it was a bit of anxiousness in our play after we lost a couple of goals.

"When we got into good areas, we didn't pick out the right option, but defensively, we didn't look solid - there was gaps all over the pitch and from that point of view, we need to get back to what we were doing well.

"We didn't pass the ball well enough, we didn't get close enough to the Partick Thistle players - we have to do that better. Individually, the players have to look at themselves and perform better next week."

Are you Sally in disguise? ;)

Either that or he's Lenny mark 2 Whatever the truth is, his team were totally and utterly outplayed, by a Jags side that reached undreamt of heights.

I have absolutely no hesitation in describing today's performance against County(who in all fairness were rank rotten, no doubt encouraged by their manager to underrate Thistle) as the most complete victory, I have ever seen by a Partick Thistle team in my near forty years of support.

It was 3-1, a more accurate reflection would have been 7-1. To those of you that weren't there, I'm afraid you missed a performance that still has me enraptured. Like most Thistle followers harsh reality over many years, has made me reluctant to use hyperbole, but for FFS we were absolutely brilliant today.

• Like 2

For most of the game, Thistle dominated. County looked like a tired rehash of typical SPL footballers - give the ball a few taps, take it forward a few feet and then punt it in the vague direction of a strapping big athlete from the same team. It's dull and is made to look even worse by a young, alert, passing side.

The fitness levels of this young side seem to be extremely high; not every side at this level could keep up so much movement. Part of it is down to really high morale and firm commitment to the team.

Top 6 by the end of the season: you saw it here first. :happy2:

Wee bit too tired and emotional to make much sense but we were absolutely excellent today. Last friday night everybody played their part but everybody made the odd mistake, which was to be expected. Today once again everybody played their part but the mistakes were so few they're not worth mentioning.

Discussing things after and what we all thought is brilliant is that this is effectively the same team minus Erskine from last season. Not one player isn't up to this league's standard. I think we mostly thought that a few of last season's regulars might struggle at least initially. Not so,

Don't want to single anyone out for extra praise but, and he played no better or worse than all the others, Craigen is perhaps the one player I thought might find himself on the periphery of the team. Far from it. I knew his fitness and stamina would never be in question but he's going to be a hard act to dislodge.

Worth also mentioning that Higginbotham came on today and looks like he's got the necessary to be a regular starter. Could take an injury to one of the others tho' before that happens. On that subject Bannigan limped off and I hope he'll be OK for the Under 21s.

Another malt please, nurse :thumbsup2:

How many undefeated league games is that for Archie now?

Brilliant result, can't wait to see the highlights when I work out the whole blasted proxy server nonsense . As an aside why in the freaking world would the SPFPL geo block the highlights?

Edited by madcapmilkdrinker