Just In - Hearts

peagreenboy

Yeah, I know. But I refuse to be too disappointed after that. I thought we were immense in the first half. Never mind Thistle, I don't think I've ever seen a Scottish football team control the ball like that.

Great performance, another game unbeaten, team looks like it's already found its feet in this division, and maybe a lesson learned.

• Like 1

Game should have been out of sight by half time - let them back into the game but they were fkin brutal will fancy taking the next 6 points off them no problemo - unbeaten in 3 and playing some very nice football so need to take the positives - but tonight was a right boot in the haw maws

See, do we have to play them once or twice at Tynecastle? Because if we can't do it at home, can we really do it with 25 thousand Jam tarts backing them?

I'm not deliberately trying to be negative, but they were indeed brutal ... and we couldn't beat them.

And I really wanted to buy a newspaper tomorrow to see us top of Scotland for the first time since before I was born ... but never mind that - like I said in the other thread, let's hope we're not regretting those dropped points at the business end of the season ...

Like the others say, we were immense in the first half. Welsh and Fraser bossed the midfield and SOD was terrorising them down the right flank. The turning point came when Hearts started to press in midfield and Welsh went off injured. We really missed his composure in the middle of the park and started to hoof it up to poor wee Baird who, to be fair, made the most of what was coming his way. Higginbotham looks like a player though - quick feet, good balance and composed on the ball. He has a swagger about him. And Conrad was absolutely immense as usual.

I'll take the point but it could easily have been three. Onwards and upwards!

• Like 1

We played really well throughout but without much of a final product. That said we controlled the game for about 75 - 80 minutes, and on another day we would've scored 4. Letting them in after looking like we'd sealed it was a lesson learned, not a catastrophe; in Div 1 we'd have closed it out, but we gave a Premiership team a sniff and BANG they filled their boots.

Overall I thought Hearts were poor, but maybe not the worst in the league. More positives than negatives on this showing. Two weeks ago I'd have committed mass murder for 5 points from 3 attempts and to remain unbeaten.

We are going places even if that's a mid-table finish and a nice wee cup run. I hope Welsh is ok - we missed his quality in the 2nd half.

Onwards and upwards for Archie's Red'n'Yella army.

• Like 1

We missed Welsh when he went off....It allowed them more into the game.... I know we beat County by a mile last Saturday...But the two home games has shown us that we need to be much more clinical with our finishing.

As for the Hearts goal? I felt that it maybe should have been a free kick to us....The Hearts player came right through the back of Fraser while he was coming out with the ball, and he was hobbling when Walker ran straight past him to score.

Really gutted...We should have won that game by a country mile!!

We played some quite brilliant football in the first half - the game last season when we beat Livingston 6-1 was more competitive - but we didn't create clear cut chances. Some of the passing from Muirhead and movement from Stephen O'Donnell was magnificent but too often the final ball was not quite good enough.

We really missed Welsh in the second half and didn't move the ball through midfield or win the ball back there as well as we had done. Although Higginbotham showed some good touches, staying wide on the left wing seemed to upset the balance of the side.

It was another cracking game and a great atmosphere...really wanted us to win that one though.

See, do we have to play them once or twice at Tynecastle? Because if we can't do it at home, can we really do it with 25 thousand Jam tarts backing them?

I'm not deliberately trying to be negative, but they were indeed brutal ... and we couldn't beat them.

And I really wanted to buy a newspaper tomorrow to see us top of Scotland for the first time since before I was born ... but never mind that - like I said in the other thread, let's hope we're not regretting those dropped points at the business end of the season ...

Really? 25 thousand?

Weird how some teams can change personell a thousand times, yet still display the same traits as teams/players gone by? Hearts were kick n rush cloggers for me tonight. Something I've always associated them with being.

Losing a late goal which results in a loss of two points always feels like a defeat. But this is the best bunch of players I have ever seen in Thistle shirts, playing tremendous football which is a pleasure to pay to watch.

After two televised games and a fine victory at Ross County, we have now lost the element of surprise. It's going to get much harder from now.

Can understand why people are worried about our finishing but I'm not so sure. Were we lucky in Dingwall or unlucky tonight? Time will tell.

Love watching Thistle at the moment. If we can maintain this level of football, which at times is thrilling, then we are in for a fantastic season.

Muirhead's passing in the first half was an absolute joy to behold. Lawless played some nice neat stuff and was tenacious in winning the ball back. Higginbotham has great skills and looked the part, should have done better than put his shot out for a throw in having created space for himself in the box. Badly missed Welsh in the 2nd half, but should have been out of sight in the first half.

Also, Jamie MacDonald had a great game for Hearts.

SOD needs to work on his crossing. just was not going quite right for him this evening. rest of his play was superb. game should have been out of sight first half. Hearts came out second and changed tactics which took Lawless out the game. He never had a sniff at the ball for most of the second. Still a learning process for us but we are doing fine. hopefully our performances will be bringing more back to Firhill

As people have mentioned the injury to Sean Welsh was a big factor in the game. Talking point for me is should have Archie have put on either Kerr or Osborne to replace Welsh? Thought Fraser played well but he tired badly near the end of the game.

There are so many positives to take from the game, we totally outplayed hearts in the first half and should have been a few up going in at Half time. Big Muirhead was man of the match for me, solid at the back and hit some outstanding passes during the game.

Higginbottom looks to be a very good signing, a lot of class about his play and despite his previous poor scoring record I think he will score goals for us.

Edited by Alan Murray
  • Like 1

Comment on Craigen very harsh.

Don't think tonight's result will matter in few weeks as cant see Hearts being able to agree a CVA.

Played well.

Missed Welsh 2nd half.

Their keeper played a blinder.

Final ball very poor tonight.

We tired towards the end.

Onwards & upwards.

Edited by Trotter