Just In - Hearts

peagreenboy

gutted.... 2 points chucked. We should've buried those yill-ov-hid-yer-tea b45turd5.

But, can't really criticise the team. The skill is there, the fitness is there, the effort and commitment is there.... Well done lads good shift.

Although we played better teams last season than hearts were tonight, we have moved up a level and i'm hoping that this game reminds the boys of that. To survive in this league we have to be absolutely concentrated, focused, clinical, disciplined, and ruthless every second of every match.

Every team says " we're not taking anything for granted", but when your on a 22 game un-beaten run, one might be forgiven if positive results have a feeling of inevitability. After a fine draw against the arabs and un-expected win up north maybe tonight will be a lesson learned.

Archie say - It feels like a loss.

In Archie I trust.

Another great game to watch. Lawless, first half was flawless. B&M solid. Doolan, the goals will come. No weak links.

It's great to be a Jag. ...... FFFFFFF****************!!!!!! beating Heart of Midlothian would have been good for the soul.

Big opportunity missed. Carry on regardless!!!!

:fan:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz
  • Like 1

Craigen had an excellent game. Never stopped chasing all night and unlucky not to score twice.I reckon he's the most improved player at Firhill at the moment. Man of the match def Muirhead though.Immense and great to see him score again from the spot.Regardless of 15 pts start this team will not go down.

Hearts changed their gameplan in the second half and we didn't adjust to it well at all. They were content just lumping the ball up to their lone striker at the start, and we were mopping it up. But they began to press higher up the park and get bodies in support of Paterson and we couldn't pass it out from the back with the same ease as before. Welsh going off definitely affected that. I too would've liked to see Osbourne come on just to shore up the middle of the pitch, but substitutions are one of Archie's strong points in my view, so I can't be too critical.

Some of our passes and long balls down the channels were immense. We looked great tonight for long spells and should have been ahead going into half-time. It's all about taking your chances. Disappointed obviously that we couldn't get the win that we deserved but the players should get the heads up quickly as they've proven again that they're Scottish Premiership players.

Muirhead was brilliant tonight. Thought Baird was great when he came on, too.

Reckon Craigen was MoM. Worked his socks off for 90mins and has added skill to his work rate. His chasing back to make a tackle showed his commitment and he ran really well into channels. Doolan should have scored from his cutback in the first half. Most improved player since last season. Hope he keeps it going.

"

The team played great, we need a break up front or a Callum Campbel stle striker, we bossed them for all but 20 minutes in the 2nd half when we stopped playing our game and tried the high / long ball, keep patience and keep to the game plan the goals will come

there goal was taken well and if bannigan had been a little fresher may have been closer but the hearts boy done really well, if anyonehad offered us 5 points from our 1st 3 games back in May we would have bitten their hand off for it

• Like 1

First half brilliant, we battered them more than we did a lot of teams last year but lack of composure let us down. Second half they got wise to us and pressed higher up the park, stopping us playing the ball out short from Fox. For the first time in my life I thought we could actually use Christie as an impact sub, just as an out ball.

I do wonder - admittedly with the benefit of hindsight- if it would have been better bringing Osbourne on and keeping the same shape when Welsh got crocked, Bannigan disappeared second half when he sat deeper and Higgy was inconsistent (but I think he'll be a helluva player for us over the season).

Still deserved to win but a harsh lesson. We're obviously going to have to wait til the last week of the season to go top of the league.

First half brilliant, we battered them more than we did a lot of teams last year but lack of composure let us down. Second half they got wise to us and pressed higher up the park, stopping us playing the ball out short from Fox. For the first time in my life I thought we could actually use Christie as an impact sub, just as an out ball.

I do wonder - admittedly with the benefit of hindsight- if it would have been better bringing Osbourne on and keeping the same shape when Welsh got crocked, Bannigan disappeared second half when he sat deeper and Higgy was inconsistent (but I think he'll be a helluva player for us over the season).

Still deserved to win but a harsh lesson. We're obviously going to have to wait til the last week of the season to go top of the league.

Think Banzo tired the 2nd half more than anyhting

Disappointed with defence for their goal, switched off totally and let him advance. Balatoni won't be happy when he watches the replay, dove in and over committed the wrong way.

Apart from that another composed performance especially in the first half when, with Doolan on, we were happy to keep the ball on the ground and pass it through them. Wee Lawless is a gem, without him we may struggle to unlock teams who sit in against us. Noticeable that as he tired/ missed Welsh in the second half we looked less imaginative in the final third. It's in games like this that someone like Erskine would have been handy but never mind.

That's the end of informed comment from Australia, not sure when our next game is on telly.

A real plus point for me was Baird's performance. Fair doos, people will argue that he's never a striker as he does have a tendency to drift left to collect the ball, but his strength, his cross for Craigen's header and the snap-shot that nearly caught out the Hearts 'keeper all show he has an important role to play this season.

Edited by Dark Passenger
  • Like 2

Muirhead's passing in the first half was an absolute joy to behold. Lawless played some nice neat stuff and was tenacious in winning the ball back. Higginbotham has great skills and looked the part, should have done better than put his shot out for a throw in having created space for himself in the box. Badly missed Welsh in the 2nd half, but should have been out of sight in the first half.

Also, Jamie MacDonald had a great game for Hearts.

Was that their No.2. He pretty much picked up everything for them in the 2nd half.

gutted.... 2 points chucked. We should've buried those yill-ov-hid-yer-tea b45turd5.

But, can't really criticise the team. The skill is there, the fitness is there, the effort and commitment is there.... Well done lads good shift.

Although we played better teams last season than hearts were tonight, we have moved up a level and i'm hoping that this game reminds the boys of that. To survive in this league we have to be absolutely concentrated, focused, clinical, disciplined, and ruthless every second of every match.

Every team says " we're not taking anything for granted", but when your on a 22 game un-beaten run, one might be forgiven if positive results have a feeling of inevitability. After a fine draw against the arabs and un-expected win up north maybe tonight will be a lesson learned.

Archie say - It feels like a loss.

In Archie I trust.

Another great game to watch. Lawless, first half was flawless. B&M solid. Doolan, the goals will come. No weak links.

It's great to be a Jag. ...... FFFFFFF****************!!!!!! beating Heart of Midlothian would have been good for the soul.

Big opportunity missed. Carry on regardless!!!!

:fan:

I think it shows how much we have improved that we are disappointed with the result

Disappointed with defence for their goal, switched off totally and let him advance. Balatoni won't be happy when he watches the replay, dove in and over committed the wrong way.

Apart from that another composed performance especially in the first half when, with Doolan on, we were happy to keep the ball on the ground and pass it through them. Wee Lawless is a gem, without him we may struggle to unlock teams who sit in against us. Noticeable that as he tired/ missed Welsh in the second half we looked less imaginative in the final third. It's in games like this that someone like Erskine would have been handy but never mind.

That's the end of informed comment from Australia, not sure when our next game is on telly.

As someone said earlier, Fraser got hurt bring the ball out and was hobbling to try and get back in position

Next game on the telly is Hibs( 7th oct)

Could and should have been 2 or 3 up at half time. It does feel like two points dropped, but we were pretty unlucky not to take any of our chances - and then for their lad to get the space and come up with that shot (shudder). Thought our midfield looked great as a unit first half; also, I love O'Donnell and Sinclair's runs, but the former in particular really needs to practice how to beat the first man with his crosses.

Overall though I am feeling more and more confident about this season - if the team can stay at anywhere near this level of workrate, invention and attack-mindedness then we will do fine.

Oh, and please, no more canned crowd noise!!

Really enjoyable game. A devastating end to the game but I think conceding a sucker punch like that isn't the worst thing to happen over the course of the season. Gutter for Gary Fraser because I thought he was brilliant. A club of our size is absolutely spoiled for passing quality. Himself and Welsh look like they'll dominate most midfields this season.

Really happy with how some of the guys have stepped up. Welsh looks more comfortable in the SPFL than that the 1st division. Had my worries about Sinclair defensively but he has been very, very good so far. Used to think Craigen didn't impose himself, despite some lovely touches, but he's stepped up well. Baird has looked good in the real matches as well.

Some saying Kerr/Osbourne should have came on, but the game was there for the taking. If we'd brought either of those on, and stopped creating, people would have moaned after the match. I'd rather Archie was more positive than negative in his decisions.

I think we'll be safe - and some - this season. Doubt we'll lose many at home, and we're set up well for away from home. Really positive all in all.

• Like 2

Really enjoyed the way we played tonight. Controlled the game for long spells and took the game to Hearts. I think we need a little work on the final balls we put into the box as Doolser was working his socks off with very little quality in supply. Gutted to concede the late goal but I'm sure we will find our Shooting Boots soon. C'mon the Jags!