Just In - Hearts

peagreenboy

A Thistle perspective on that is: they've gained 2 points on us after 4 matches, and are still 13 behind.

I don't think we'll have to worry about Hearts, as I don't see them keeping up their good form. How often can you keep scoring so late? 88th minute winner vs. Aberdeen, 88th minute equaliser against us...

They've done well to get the amount of points they have. It's certainly more than their performances have deserved.

Hopefully we win on Saturday as that'd surely put us 16 points ahead of them. Wilson & McHattie are out for their trip to Inverness, they can't take anything from that...can they? :frantic:

Their manager was quoted today as being worried about his young team being able to handle the number of games they'll have to play. The longer the season goes on the harder it will be for them.

Young team not being able to handle a number of games in a short spell of time? Where have I heard that one before?

#wegotthis

So I'm certainly not writing off Hearts.

I think we should forget all about Hearts and concentrate on our own team. Hearts as the establishment club in Edinburgh, are always going to be a cheap good news story for the media regardless or de-merits of the story itself. We'll do well to get quietly on with our game and let the Chick Dung's of this world spout whatever verbiage they wish.

• Like 2

It is a good sign when a team gets points when not playing well. I can honestly see Hearts getting a top 6 this season. Remember the run that Dundee went on when they were backs to the wall under financial pressures

I can't. Dundee kept the best of their squad together for that season. Harkins, Griffiths (for half the season) etc. At that level they were much better than the majority of SFL1 clubs. I don't see Hearts situation as being comparable. They have some good young players and have rode their luck. They can't cope with getting players injured or red-carded for no good reason. They are not better than 6 teams far less so much better that they could overcome 6 teams with a 15pt deduction. I think!

Excellent so that's hearts, rangers, Celtic we've had folk suggesting we shouldn't discuss on here.

As well as calls for folk to stop talking about the office at the club.

Anything else?

A lot of people on here talk a lot of pish about Thistle so perhaps we shouldn't discuss them either ...

• Like 1