Hearts Fans

Islay jag

I found the apparent drop in attendance odd. It certainly didn't look like there 1000 less people anyway.

Oh, and the Hearts fans were magnificent last night. A real credit to their club.

Spoke to a few Jambos before the game and they were for the most part decent, however there were a few bawbags who wouldn't have looked out of place at ibrox or parkhead.

They made some noise last night so fair play to them. Most vocal away support we've had at Firhill for many years. Of course that is largely down the siege mentality but they're using it to their advantage.

The North Stand has been brilliant since we moved across there but I do get the impression that some people go in there and just expect the atmosphere to be created for them, rather than try and add to the atmosphere themselves.

agree i do with all of this.

any time i have gone in the NS, i have (for most songs) joined in, and even started a few (don't join in with saville ones for example). but have noted a lot just sit out a lot of singing or chants or wait until over halfway through songs before joining in.

the NS is a valuable asset to the club and the team on the park when it gets noisy, and remain red and yellow for all games it should, it's up to those who go in it to show it should never be anything but red and yellow and will always be a thistle singing section and 12th man (aided and abetted by the JHS and baby shed too)

Spoke to a few Jambos before the game and they were for the most part decent, however there were a few bawbags who wouldn't have looked out of place at ibrox or parkhead.

Apart from a couple of renditions of their PG version of The Billy Boys (I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they omitted the offensive lyrics) their support was much less knuckledraggery than I expected (the lack of UJs and red hand of Ulster flags was pleasing).

A very busy Firhill on 3 sides of the pitch under the floodlights is just an awesome sight and feeling.

Compare that to 30 Cowdenbeath fans, a closed main stand and more seats than people in both the JHS and North Stand.

Seeing floods of people going up to the ground rather than dribs and drabs, Firhill Road being packed after the game.

This is why despite the SPL having multiple problems its the place to be and the people who used to say "I want to win the 1st Division but not get promoted" must love it as well.

• Like 2