Nfl Season 13/14 Thread

mrD

I might be miles out with this, Dizzy, but I don't think the emphasis on some teams' passing game is due to any rule changes; just a trend, which is the result of bigger, stronger more athletic quarterbacks and better pass protection from bigger, stronger linemen.

So many times these days we see third and long - brought about by eg two rushes for a loss and a penalty - overcome by a 30 yard bullet of a pass thrown by the QB well outside the pocket. Just the way the game has evolved, probably.

I might be miles out with this, Dizzy, but I don't think the emphasis on some teams' passing game is due to any rule changes; just a trend, which is the result of bigger, stronger more athletic quarterbacks and better pass protection from bigger, stronger linemen.

Quite possibly, when I started watching in 92/93, the only QB I remember that ran forward was Randall Cunningham of the Eagles. From watching clips recently it appears a lot more of them are doing it. Got myself a Tivo box this week, means I can tape Channel 4 tonight and the Superbowl, pretty chuffed!

Bad luck with the semis Blackpool, at least your team made it that far. Watched the last regular season clips of the Jets Dolphins game, defended like Thistle!!!

Randall Cunningham was born in the wrong era. There has been a glut of undeniably good running quarterbacks coming out of college and an increased willingness to run option offenses. Those guys who only scrambled on broken plays or could only get a shot in Canada, might have excelled - Steve Young in a Chip Kelly offense? He did just fine as it was, obviously. Just saying.

Anyway...go hawks

As a Raiders fan it was good to see the Chiefs getted beat but looks like the donkeys are going to win....been to the NFL games in London 3 times...and will be going this year to see my very own Raiders beat the Dolphins!!!

Im goin too mate, cant wait to sit in the black hole amongst the silver n black!

Need a qb before we can think about beatin anyone though! Saw vicks up for free agency? Worth a punt to keep things tickin over for a year or 2? I dunno if theres any decent qbs in the draft this year as raiders will be fairly high in it.

For my tuppenceworth, denver will win superbowl, too many offensive weapons n can see them having too much.

I have madden on xbox one if anyone else does, gt is alanptfc

Good luck Seahawks, usually I'd be supporting the AFC sides, but I like the attitude of the the Hawks and the fans (although #25 is a bit of a prat)

I have madden on xbox one if anyone else does, gt is alanptfc

Just got Madden 13 on 360, a wee while before I get the One. Any tactical tips for the players career mode? Decided to go with Ryan Tannahill. Unfortunately the Dolphins are terrible!

BTW had no idea that the Packers were community owned, which is incredible in the US. Sharp contrast to the owners of the Browns and Oilers in the 90's. mrD, any idea of teh song name on your Hawks/49ers video, peach of a song!

dunno the song alas. goes well with the video though!

For my tuppenceworth, denver will win superbowl, too many offensive weapons n can see them having too much.

thats what i thought as well. think seahawks have proven a lot to all the doubters last night - including myself :D

that was an immense performance by the hawks, was embarressing to watch for the broncos and manning in particular.

think if the 49ers had gone through instead it would have been a similiar dismantlement.

NFC west next year is going to be the division to watch...

Massive performance from the Seahawks: they made Denver look like a high school team. Hugely well-deserved victory, and they proved a few people wrong in the way they handled the pressure of the biggest occasion the sport provides

Congrats to Mr D for picking the winner right from the start.

Looking forward to next season already now.

No one here expected that level of a thumping. It was also brilliant as a lifelong loather of the h*ns of the Rockies to watch Elway near tears as he watched the Broncos Manning the bed.

The PNW is a shattered sports region with a long history of losing. This was needed.

Certainly sounds like a good place to be right now, mm. Pale women? Ah, why not.

You deserve your celebrations, you and the other hardy souls who've waited patiently for a great moment like this. I'll say it again - the Seahawks were mentally superb last night; the most dominating display against a favourite in the 28 years I've been following the game.