Thistle Fans In Your Area

avie-man

RE-Drew /crieff ....I have a similar back ground as Jags Fan....was born and bred in Bonawe St almost at Queens Cross, rehoused in pollok but been here in Comrie since 2000.My father used to sit me on the firhill wall until he had to leave to get back to his work after half time as he was a chef in the whitehall restaurant...I was allowed up late on a saturday night to give him a report on the action in the second half which he had missed !I have a son who lives in Crieff and he has 2sons who are jags fans ....well one of them is for sure.

I met my first ever fellow Dundonian Thistle supporter (apart from my two year old son! ) in the new Dundee asda last month !

My wife, who is a jambo, was distraught she has never had a random stranger in Dundee exhall all things great about her team in 13 years here! A proud day!. As i've said before here though randomly Dundee have a soft spot for Thistle Rod MacDonald as he does playing a minor roll in a local jute museum exhibit ! Which is surely only the 2nd mention of jute in the history of this forum.

Quite surprisingly there are 2 in my street here in Brighton, a guy from Bishopbriggs and me from west end. And we have four kids between us so hopefully that's another 4 despite the scepticism of our partners.

My pal knows how to get thistle matches on internet which has led to a couple of terrible hangovers.

There is at least one other who apparently goes to watch Brighton at 'the Amex' - 36 quid a pop by the way, which is why i dont!

Loads of us in East Kilbride, 7 in my family (still trying to add my wee cousins to that list, already brain washed one) and 5 of my pals plus all their families are Jags fans. There were also a couple of boys in my year and in years below me at school who were Jags fans and that I often see at the game.

Not many now in Amsterdam only 2 of us I think but that was not always the case. When I arrived in early 2000s I put an advert in an old forum for a Celtic game being televised and there was 8 of us altogether turned up in the Tig Barra. Funnily enough I do see a lot of the old Amsterdam faces quite regularly when attending games at Firhill.

I grew up in Campbeltown and in my year at school there was only 2 of us supporting the Jags, in fact think we were the only 2 Jags in the entire school. In Campbeltown most of the Jags supporters were of the older generation. But this seems to have changed with at least 5 season ticket holders who attend on a regular basis, another who travels when work permits, a guy from Lochgilphead who owns a shop in Campbeltown is also a Jags fan and a few of the elders Jags still there. I have also met a few old fellow school pupils who now attend Firhill with their sons and daughters.

Onwards and upwards as they say.

Edited by amsterdam jag