50/50 Half Time Draw - Feedback Please

Fawlty Towers

Looking for some input as to what we could do to increase the amount of tickets sold, and therefore generate more money for youth development, per game.

Each game I know I have people who always buy a ticket (or tickets) but there are always people who just walk past as well - what can we do get the people who are not buying at the moment to start buying?

There have been recent changes which we hope will help with this but any feedback from you guys as customers (or potential customers) would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Members

Scotty raises a fair point. When coming up the hill Ian is very vocal, I wouldn't be surprised to find that he sells most tickets. Any other ticket sellers just stand or sit and wait for flk to come to them and don't draw attention to themselves. Are there ticket sellers outside the away end and the entrance to the North Stand on Firhill Road?

I don't know if you do this, but...

Give some to the local pubs (Star & Garter, Woodside etc.) and ask them to sell them to Jags fans when they're buying pints before the match. "That's £5.60, want a 50/50 ticket for a quid?" "Aye why not". Ditto with the Aitken Suite barmaids.

Make sure everyone knows where they're sold.

Could you sell some in the few minutes before you do the draw? "50/50 draw coming up - last chance to buy tickets, come down to the front" or something.

• Like 1

Sell them during the game, with people going up and down the aisles as sometimes it's the queue that puts people off or fans running late also that don't have the time to stop and buy a ticket before kick off. Even if this was for the first fifteen minutes or so.

Edited by The Sunnylaw Jag

Each game I know I have people who always buy a ticket (or tickets) but there are always people who just walk past as well

I always buy a ticket(s) from the lady in the concourse so have to walk past at least one other vendor to do so.

I wouldn't be too sure there's much you can do to significantly raise sales. Perhaps the new second prize will generate a bit of extra interest tho' I can't see the attraction myself. Btw I believe there's legal restraints that could hinder the idea of selling tickets in the pubs either by fans/customers (or behind the bar, which in any case would be impractical).

Sell them during the game, with people going up and down the aisles as sometimes it's the queue that puts people off or fans running late also that don't have the time to stop and buy a ticket before kick off. Even if this was for the first fifteen minutes or so.

As it's half-time, money has to be counted & the tickets sold ripped up in time for the draw to be made.