Get Real Ffs

thebiglemon

I certainly got carried away with the quality of footbal we played in those first few games and maybe my expectations were too high.I don't know if the defeats are down to our style being sussed out or just a deterioration in our general play or a combination of both.Perhaps we should keep Wigan in mind -one of the highest posession / pass ratios in the Premiership last season but still got relegated.First rule of football -don't get beat.

I certainly got carried away with the quality of footbal we played in those first few games and maybe my expectations were too high.I don't know if the defeats are down to our style being sussed out or just a deterioration in our general play or a combination of both.Perhaps we should keep Wigan in mind -one of the highest posession / pass ratios in the Premiership last season but still got relegated.First rule of football -don't get beat.

Not really- a win and a loss is better than 2 draws.

I'm pretty sure folk hoped all the good football, which we still play, would keep us safe. Truth us unless you can afford a quality striker like Boyd or goodwillie then you'll struggle. We just can't afford someone good enough to score 15-20 goals in this league and we are relying on teams like st midden and jam tarts being rotten.

It's frustrating seeing good footy outdone by a quality finish but that's the difference between the first div and the spl.

Boo.

Edited by kennymac29

I'm pretty sure folk hoped all the good football, which we still play, would keep us safe. Truth us unless you can afford a quality striker like Boyd or goodwillie then you'll struggle. We just can't afford someone good enough to score 15-20 goals in this league and we are relying on teams like st midden and jam tarts being rotten.

It's frustrating seeing good footy outdone by a quality finish but that's the difference between the first div and the spl.

Boo.

For all that, we are 6 points above Killie and on the same points as DU. You would think Hearts had caught up with us when you read some posts on here. I still have confidence in our squad.

• Like 1

I have no doubt whatsoever that we will avoid the play offs. My concern is that this crop of players is too good to just be thinking of avoiding them, if they believe in themselves and continue to strive to improve they can do what other Jags teams have failed to do and go and outplay teams like the Arabs in there own backyard and win. This will take Archie & co working out a system that keeps us tight and still gets us goals but he needs to realise attractive play is not good enough, Wenger he isn't. If they can work this out they could do more than most Jags teams and stay up and build a strong platform for the usually difficult second season.

I think we're doing fine so far, wins away to County and St Mirren probably offset the two games vs hearts and Killie.

For me the problem is our next 5 fixtures are brutal (Hibs at home the easiest but they're on a good run) and I can quite easily see us getting no wins. If that happens then any panic on here now will be through the roof.

I think about 12 points per round of pre split fixtures is par for a team looking to finish 10th so one win in the next 4 and we're on course for that.

Edited by Ancipital

I'm not trying to be the Nostradamus of firhill. I think we will be fine I just think we are better than teams like killie and the Dabs but we just cant afford top players like that. That may be the difference but we all knew that so I'm not saying anything new.

I hate getting plaudits after getting no points.

I'm not trying to be the Nostradamus of firhill. I think we will be fine I just think we are better than teams like killie and the Dabs but we just cant afford top players like that. That may be the difference but we all knew that so I'm not saying anything new.

I hate getting plaudits after getting no points.

:thumbsup2:

We're better than teams that can afford better players?

Truth us unless you can afford a quality striker like Boyd or goodwillie then you'll struggle. We just can't afford someone good enough to score 15-20 goals in this league and we are relying on teams like st midden and jam tarts being rotten.

What's particularly frustrating is that neither Killie nor Dundee Utd can afford Boyd or Goodwillie either. Yet there they are, scoring against us and costing us points/knocking us out of cups.

• Like 2

Agree with the OP in this thread. The negativity on here has been a bit silly in the past few weeks. We'd all have liked a home win or two, but we're still doing fine and I would have taken this start in a flash. We're playing some good entertaining stuff and the goals will come (Doolan is a very good player who needs a little more support). Our 1st choice defence is usually solid. We're not getting a new striker, so why don't we drop that subject and enjoy the fact that we're in the top division and playing good stuff??

• Like 2