Scott Cant

razjag

As most of you will now be aware the club lost one of its fans Scott Cant this week. Scott was Thistle daft and unfortunately passed away at the age of 23. Between various social media outlets messages have been passed on to the family for which they are very grateful. It has been suggested that a banner and a minutes applause would be fitting for a young man who loved the Jags. His YouTube videos of all thistle goals have become a part of our every sat night after games. Having spoken to his family they are overwhelmed by the messages of sympathy. Therefore it has been suggested by numerous fans that we honour Scott by a minutes applause in the 23rd min of our game v hibs on Mon night as his brother will be attending with friends and some family. Also the north stand are trying to get a banner organised for our next home game v Celtic including applause again as his mum and dad will be attending. I ask all Jags fans to remember Scott and his family by joining in at both games with the applause. I have spoken to Celtic friends of mine who are also going to pass the message round their own supporters and join in honouring Scott.

• Like 6

Dreadful news, especially as Scott was so young!

I would respectfully suggest that all the tributes are focused on the Celtic game as his family are attending.

RIP.

His family will be there on Monday too. Such tragic news, Scott was indeed Thistle daft. The thistle family is weaker today :(

Dreadful news, especially as Scott was so young!

I would respectfully suggest that all the tributes are focused on the Celtic game as his family are attending.

RIP.

It's not often we agree, kni, but I think you are spot on. Allowing for a tribute at the Celtic game, not only gives the family more time to come to terms with their tragic loss. But also allows the club time to make an addition to the match day program to both pay respect and notify the crowd why the applause is taking place.

ETA it seems folk want to produce a memorial banner. Surely a collection at the hibs game to display at the Celtic game makes sense?

Edited by potty trained

RIP.

Agreed

Let's give the boy a fitting send off, not trotted out in dribs and drabs over 3 weeks.

Edited by ian_mac

My mistake; sorry (especially to Camallian!).

I can confirm it isn't me however what terrible, terrible news. only 23! That's just not right. Scott was obviously a guy who enjoyed recording match action for the benefit of the nomads and will be sadly missed by many. Hopefully the minutes applause on Monday night on 23 minutes will come to pass. A fitting send off for any Thistle fan!