Australia

Partick Panther

Spare just a Wee Tiny Thought for the Aussies' the poor souls. They have been Humped 6-0 to both Brazil & France in Friendlies recently and their once German Coach/ Manager got the old Heave Ho on the weekend. Ok they won 3-0 last night against the Highly Ranked Canadian Side (152) but the run off from these 2 big defeats has been on the go since the weekend and the bickering amongst the former players like Robbie Slater ( Blackburn Rovers) Mark Bosnich ( Chelsea, Man Utd & Aston Villa ) towards the current squad and in particular towards Luca Neill ( Blackburn Rovers now Sydney F.C ) has now reached the Boo Hoo stage with all the backstabbing that is going on. Now the search is on Big Time for a new Coach/ Manager before next month. This is not good especially as the World Cup is only 9 months away! Talk today is that they will go for an Australian Coach/Manager although Guss Hiddink is in the Frame too! He got them to the 2006 World Cup. Time will tell. At least they got to the World Cup which is more than I can say for the Scotttish Team although they got a good result last night too!

Scotland have nobody to answer to. No disrespect at all, PP, but I couldn't give a toss about what's going on down under. Tonight belongs to Bonny Scotland.

Blackpool Jag, You should note that there are a few thousand Scottish Born residents here in Australia and although I can say that their hearts all belong to Scotland their Heads are saying "Live here in Australia" so I think I can speak for all of them that follow Fitba that they will be cheering on the Aussies in the World Cup mate otherwise they would be cheering on Scotland for sure if they had managed to get there! Who will you be going for instead of Bonny Scotland then mate or will you not bother? By the waynmate, I've lived here now for the past 26 yrs and on any weekend I can be seen wearing one of my Scotland Fitba Jerseys or one of my Partick Thistle Jerseys and with Pride too mate. There's no problem over here with any trouble because of wearing a Fitba Jersey in or out of a Pub or Club I might add! Cheers Mate and MONNNNNAAAAATHEEEEEEEESSSSELLLL!!

. At least they got to the World Cup which is more than I can say for the Scotttish Team although they got a good result last night too!

Are you the guy that graffitied that wall in the industrial estate just off Ashfield Street heading up towards Milton, with the immortal words Scotttish Home Rule with three T's in the 80's?

i know this is off the point but why do the aussies call us pommes when it's their whose forefathers that werent intelligent enough to get away with the crimes they have committed and hence the are the pommes. And why is it spelt 'pommes' and not, the correct way 'pohms'

Actually my friend, it's the English that are called Pommies by the Aussies. We Scots, the Irish and the Welsh are not called Pommies. As you would expect we Scots get called "Haggis, Sweaty Socks, and even the dreaded Scotch! The Irish of course are the Paddies and the Welsh are known as the Taffs!

Actually my friend, it's the English that are called Pommies by the Aussies. We Scots, the Irish and the Welsh are not called Pommies. As you would expect we Scots get called "Haggis, Sweaty Socks, and even the dreaded Scotch! The Irish of course are the Paddies and the Welsh are known as the Taffs!

but the scots are 'pohms' we get it too down there