Make Sure You Print This

uberteeb

Haven't read all of this thread, so not sure if this has been said, but.. If McCall was to leave, we would be almost certain to end up having a manager out of: Donnelly, Maxy, Archie or McNamara. Is that much of an improvement?

I'd rather have McNamara in charge than McCall

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McNamara is the one that sticks out, I'd agree with that. But it's still a massive risk & one I'm not sure we can afford to take. (Well, we can't afford to take it, our hand would only be forced if McCall was to leave).

Putting the issue of sacking McCall to one side I think it is a risk we can afford to take.

Based upon what?

Based upon the fact that many players make the step up from player to manager very successfully. There are also loads of duds but you never know unless you take a punt. McNamara has vast experience as a player, played under numerous good managers and seems to be something of a model professional. There is of course no guarantee it would work but the chances of it working and bringing success and excitement far outweigh the continual failings of the team under McCall.

Also based upon the fact that attracting managers with a proven track record at our level or a level above would be incredibly difficult for a club like us. Much like we rely on a large extent to "unearthing gems" on the park.

Putting the issue of sacking McCall to one side I think it is a risk we can afford to take.

Based upon the fact that many players make the step up from player to manager very successfully. There are also loads of duds but you never know unless you take a punt. McNamara has vast experience as a player, played under numerous good managers and seems to be something of a model professional. There is of course no guarantee it would work but the chances of it working and bringing success and excitement far outweigh the continual failings of the team under McCall.

Also based upon the fact that attracting managers with a proven track record at our level or a level above would be incredibly difficult for a club like us. Much like we rely on a large extent to "unearthing gems" on the park.

As poor as the 2 cup games have been it has still resulted in 2 wins therefore its difficult to categorise them as failings.

Even if we had lost both of them I would be very doubtful that the board would have got rid of McCall.

see Mccall is at it agin in the Raith match preview on PTFC.co.uk, with a thinley vield dig at the fans from the Clyde game.

Said manager Ian McCall;

“On paper we had what might have been considered to be two relatively easy games but in reality, for different reasons, were anything but. The fixture with Clyde is one that they still consider to be a derby match, though I’m not sure that our supporters feel the same way, and they were really up for the game while the Annan game was one of the biggest in their history. I was delighted to get through those two ties and delighted at the test they provided us with.”

he is doing my nut in.

see Mccall is at it agin in the Raith match preview on PTFC.co.uk, with a thinley vield dig at the fans from the Clyde game.

Said manager Ian McCall;

“On paper we had what might have been considered to be two relatively easy games but in reality, for different reasons, were anything but. The fixture with Clyde is one that they still consider to be a derby match, though I’m not sure that our supporters feel the same way, and they were really up for the game while the Annan game was one of the biggest in their history. I was delighted to get through those two ties and delighted at the test they provided us with.”

he is doing my nut in.

mountain + mole hill :rolleyes:

my reading of his comment is clyde fans get exercised by this fixture and consider it to be a derby, whereas jags fans are fairly indifferent about it. fairly accurate, so i don't see the problem. am i missing sumfin?

That's how I took it as well. Fairly accurate, true, but all the same it didn't really need to be said. Can't say it bothered me one way or the other.

only reason i'm bothered about it, is because as I said prv, i witnessed Mccall saying it directly to me, Rodge and another Jags fan who doesnt post on here. he said it in front of my son, rodge's son, and the other fans 2 grand children. he was given an snwer by me, and dismissed it, now he is carrying it on.

Clyde fans are up for it yes, but Clyde's teams are always up for it, and seem to have that edge over us in that respect, that is down to the manager is it not?

For the record i dont mind mccall as a football manager, but he has went way down in my eyes as our manager.

Said manager Ian McCall;

he is doing my nut in.

That dig is so thinly veiled, I cant see it. It would appear your nut is easily done in.

Ian McCall is not ******* good enough.

2 weeks in row we have looked no better than part time third division diddies. Last week you could make excuses, Clyde's big game, rusty in the first game of the season and of course the infamous 'quite crowd'.

What was your excuse yesterday Ian? I can only assume he will be praising us for making Galabank like a Thistle home game? Annan are a team of absolute nobodies, how many shots did we have on target? How many times did we look dangerous? If it wasn't for them being even more toothless than us up front we would have been in real danger. Yesterday Morton went to third division diddies and pumped them 7-1, we scraped a 1-0, not good enough.

I'm missing the first 2 games of the season as I'm on holiday, I fully expect to come home to find us on 0 points. Lets hope Stirling and Cowdenbeath are as bad as people seem to be saying otherwise it's the seaside league for us.

Then again if the seaside league means more away days like yesterday I'm all for it. Hats off to those who made the journey, one of those away days which will stand out in the hazy memories as one of the best.

Naff off McCall.

Uberteeb for manager. He'd get my vote at the moment.