Taylor-Sinclair

marco77

Only if he moves to a club in Scotland.

If he moves outwith the country, we'd get nothing.

If he moves to another EU country we get compo although I'm sure everyone reading this knows that. It's a moot point as there's no way Sellotape would take a chance on a jags player. Crazy conversation.

Edited by kennymac29

For me, Taylor-Sinclair should be in the next Scotland squad. If that happens then suddenly he goes on everyone's radar.

I'd love to see him sign a new contract if only so that when he does move on we could potentially net the same type of windfall that Hamilton did with McCarthy.

However, if you were being fair, Montrose deserve the credit for recognising his potential & nurturing him as a teenager.

• Like 1

For me, Taylor-Sinclair should be in the next Scotland squad. If that happens then suddenly he goes on everyone's radar.

I'd love to see him sign a new contract if only so that when he does move on we could potentially net the same type of windfall that Hamilton did with McCarthy.

However, if you were being fair, Montrose deserve the credit for recognising his potential & nurturing him as a teenager.

Sinky isn't a bad shout at all for a Scotland call up. He has done well so far this season - even his crossing has improved - and Gordon Strachan doesn't exactly have scores of left-backs to pick from.

Sinclair's absolutely nowhere near international level. As well as he's been doing in the Scottish Premiership (and personally I'd have him down as our most consistently impressive performer), it's obvious that there's still elements to his game that need maturing. That will come with a full season playing at his current level, so it's worth waiting to see where he's at come the end of the season with regards to whether he could handle a bigger move.

• Like 1

Cant see it happening but would be a great gesture if he done this to recognise the help that Thistle and Montrose have been to his career. He has a great future ahead of him if he continues to work hard. Definite potential to be a future Scotland full back but needs to improve a bit defensively

• Members

I reckon he needs another season at least at SPL standard football to mature and build experience. Although he's played very well at times this season, he's not played well consistently enough to be considered for International recognition. However, saying that, how the hell Wallace gets in the squad I've no idea. I think Robertson of Dundee United may be considered to have been more consistent.

• Members

Talking of Hamilton, ATS reminds me of the left back Hamilton had (Brian Easton) when they had that excellent crop of young players. Big, fast, strong, excellent going forward and defensively. He went to Burnley at the time when they got promoted to the Premiership, but now back in Scotland with St Johnstone. Didn't look half the player he was back with Hamilton when he played against Thistle the other week there.

I'm obviously getting confused with the situation surrounding Joe Ledley. I just remember at the time that Cardiff were hoping he wouldn't join Celtic as they'd get no compensation but if he joined an English club then they'd get something for him.

Training compensation would be due if he moved across associations but it would be vastly reduced to what we would get if he joined a Scottish club. Apparently we'd get training compensation if he signed a pre-contract with a foreign club during the season in which he turns 23 (this season), but my understanding is if he runs his deal down, leaves after the end of the season and then signs for an English or other foreign club we'd get nothing. This is what happened with Ledley.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/186212-cardiff-pursuit-of-celtic-for-ledley-fee-doomed-to-fail/

It would be great if Archie could persuade ATS to extend his contract with some kind of agreement to agree to sell him on if any offer over (figure to be agreed) came in and the player agreed to move.

Surely doing that has a negative effect financially for the player as his signing on fee would be greatly reduced as part would be used to pay Thistle?

Or say we put a 50k release, on it and celtic lose interest in him...

how many teams have actually paid a transfer fee for a player over the last 3 transfer windows?

St Mirren paid 50k for Dougie Imrie christmas 2011, but strangely that mirrored the 50k hamilton had paid them for Jon McShane in the summer 2011. did money change hands?

apart from that Hibs?

There's always talk of this big pot of gold down in england, but how many players are going over the border for a transfer fee?

Either way, we currently have ATS on a SFL1 contract - he won't be getting paid much and this will in some way offset the potential for a small transfer fee if we resigned him on an SPL contract with a release clause.

Was thinking about that the other day. Would the players maybe have a promotion wage increase built into their contracts, even if they did not extend their contracts?

Was thinking about that the other day. Would the players maybe have a promotion wage increase built into their contracts, even if they did not extend their contracts?

Bonus, yes, but wouldn't have thought automatic promotion wage increase. Albeit if he did have then he's certainly deserving of it anyway.

Archie knows he off whatever happens at end of season.

Do we take- assuming someone comes in & ATS wants to go- money & future transfer clauses in January?

The other assumption is that we've been looking at potential replacements knowing he's going & we could bring them in.

Archie knows he off whatever happens at end of season.

Do we take- assuming someone comes in & ATS wants to go- money & future transfer clauses in January?

The other assumption is that we've been looking at potential replacements knowing he's going & we could bring them in.

Yes, but only if ATS wanted to go already in January.

Hmm, I've had second thoughts. If we're doing really well come January, still in the Cup, with a real chance of the top six, and ATS is on good form, then it might backfire to offload him for just 50K, as we'd probably make much more than that in the remainder of the season if our good form and run continued. So unless Archie already had a replacement who could almost seamlessly replace ATS at left back, then if the scenario that I mentioned comes to pass, I wouldn't sell him.

I reserve the right to change my mind yet again after I've thought about it some more.

ETA: 100K......? :thinking:

Edited by Jaggernaut

For a player with the potential that ATS has then I'd put a much higher value on him than 100k, gone are the days of the meat market !! Players were bought and sold for a realistic value without smaller clubs losing out on much needed revenue from those sales , no wonder football , particularly here is going downhill !!

I'm going to start booing every touch he has until he signed a new 5-year contract with a £1M+ buy-out clause...

Seriously though, I'd never want to stand in the way of a player going on to bigger (not better) things - we've all accepted that this is our position at present, and it'll hopefully stand us in good stead with young players with potential in the future.

Must admit tho that I've always had doubts about ATS making the step up - knew he had the raw physicality, but unsure about his decision making. He seems to have improved this so far this season tho - probably benefiting from our manager having done the same role.

• Like 1

Strange that ATS has never represented Scotland at any level. Left sided players with pace and a touch of skill are rare enough. He also played a substantial number of first team games for Montrose and Thistle before reaching 21, something that Wotte advocates tirelessly (or tiresomely if you follow him on Twitter). Is it another case of the SFA walking the walk but only watching and selecting from the establishment.