Consequences Of Misbehaviour At Firhill

Fearchar

Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Office, 06/11/2013 14:32

At Glasgow Sheriff court today, Kevin Peter Brannigan (DoB 9 June 1985), was given a two-year Football Banning Order after pleading guilty to making ‘Nazi’ salutes at a Glasgow Clubs under-17s football tournament.

The ticket only event held on 29 April 2013 at Firhill Stadium, the home ground of Partick Thistle, is a tournament played between all Glasgow clubs with a Rangers and Celtic final. Families with children and school age children from across Glasgow attended.

Brannigan, from Glasgow, was seen and filmed by police witnesses at the area segregating Rangers and Celtic supporters making ‘Nazi’ salutes towards the Celtic area.

Stephen Ferguson, Football Liaison Prosecutor in the west for the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service said:

“Brannigan’s actions are unacceptable in any environment but the symbolism of the gesture at a sporting event, which could incite disorder, and in front of school children and families is particularly offensive.”

I don't mean to defend anybody here, but sometimes when I spot a friend in the crowd I may hold my arm and hand up in a way that somebody could conceivably describe as a "Nazi salute."

So, friends, don't take it the wrong way if I just ignore you all (well, both of you) from now on.

....and keep your windaes clean http://beestonia.fil..._father_ted.jpg

• Like 1

From what I understand, are you not supposed to report to a location during a game, to ensure you CANT be at it?

Yeah but from the Heral article posted up on here yesterday in another friend this guy doesn't have to do it for every match. No idea how enforceable they are, the only ones pretty much guaranteed to work are when they take passports of England hooligans when they play away.

One of my ex brick layers sid had one in england for 5 yrs. he only had to report when his team (hull city) were playing in europe. LOL more chance of u gettin chatted up off steven hawkins during a power cut than that mob gettin into Europe. Anyway, he still ran about with the Silver Cod Squad, went to every game, no doubt involved in a little 'ungentlemanly conduct' and no doubt appeared on police surveillence all the time but it never flagged up.

Edited by The Mighty Quinn