January Signings

Lionel J. Botch

Andy Dowie, Steven Craig.Not sure if I'm serious or not.

The Dowie one surprised me. From what I know he was desperate to stay even as cover for Muirhead & Balatoni. Can't help but feel his experience could've come in handy just now especially as Muirhead & Balatoni struggling a little just now & Gabby looks out his depth.

We need an experienced commanding centre back.

An attacking midfield player with an eye for goal and a striker with physical presence.

Whether we can get the above on our budget is the question – it’s a massive task to bring in quality on Archie's budget.

With Archie's budget by "experienced" you mean old and by "physical presence" you mean slow and ponderous. As it is all our attacking midfielders have an eye for goal. That was self evident last season. So the attacking midfielder with the eye for goal will have to be a level above our current bunch. Not looking too likely, eh?

So we should not bother trying? Don’t understand the point you are trying to make to be honest.

People doubted our ability to replace Paton and Erskine and Archie signed Higginbottom and Osbourne. I am sure if they became available now then they would be a queue of Premiership sides waiting. Its going to be difficult but can be done.

We have a very inexperienced back line and even somebody with a few years’ experience at a similar level would be good. We are playing a very dangerous game if we don’t sign somebody. If Muirhead or Balatoni get injured for any sort of spell then we are in trouble, or the nightmare scenario of both out at same time!

did Archie not say something about not having much of a scouting network at the meet the manager evening?

You'd think the English lower leagues would be a reasonable hunting ground- if you look at ICT's squad it's full of guys signed from Tranmere, Northampton, Macclesfield etc who are doing well. However they obviously have picked up these guys after a bit of scouting which may not be open to us.

You'd think there must be a centre half or striker at a league 1 club who isn't getting a game that would be able to a) improve our team and B) fit our budget.

I wouldn't imagine either of them are on massive wages anyway but I'd hope Murray and McGuigan would be moved on in January, Mukendi will disappear back to Liverpool, and who knows what might happen with Fraser- so there'll be places in the squad.

A striker is a top priority, followed by a experienced dominant centre back, are two essentials I think. Another wide midfielder would be a bonus. We need someone up top who can hassle defenders, and create space for our midfield, I think this is why we havent got many goals from Higgy Lawless Craigen Bannigan. We also need a centre back that is going to start challenging at set pieces. Balatoni is solid but Muirhead needs a bit of time, and Picollo isnt good enough. We could also do with another Higginbotham type player, like Gardyne. I like watching Lawless but it is a bit too tippy tappy and rarely comes to anything, could do with another option and Forbes isnt really it I dont think.

A striker is a top priority, followed by a experienced dominant centre back, are two essentials I think. Another wide midfielder would be a bonus. We need someone up top who can hassle defenders, and create space for our midfield, I think this is why we havent got many goals from Higgy Lawless Craigen Bannigan. We also need a centre back that is going to start challenging at set pieces. Balatoni is solid but Muirhead needs a bit of time, and Picollo isnt good enough. We could also do with another Higginbotham type player, like Gardyne. I like watching Lawless but it is a bit too tippy tappy and rarely comes to anything, could do with another option and Forbes isnt really it I dont think.

I would put the priority as the defender, as we really need to stop conceding. If you don't concede you don't lose and could score the odd goal ourselves to pick up maximum points.

As far as the squad is concerned, we have had players on the bench who aren't getting a sniff and I don't think we can afford to have players just making up the numbers. If they are not up to it, then we should be trying to offload them and bring in players who can make a contribution.

Hindsight is a great thing, but it is possible that keeping Dowie and Craig would have been better than signing Piccolo and Baird ?

• Like 1

Hindsight is a great thing, but it is possible that keeping Dowie and Craig would have been better than signing Piccolo and Baird ?

That isn't hindsight, Archie made a choice to let both go thinking he could get better for the money both would command. Unfortunately he couldn't get better and was forced to go for these two gambling they would come good. It's a gamble that won't pay off and he should offload as soon as he can as he isn't even going to get valued game time from either.

That isn't hindsight, Archie made a choice to let both go thinking he could get better for the money both would command. Unfortunately he couldn't get better and was forced to go for these two gambling they would come good. It's a gamble that won't pay off and he should offload as soon as he can as he isn't even going to get valued game time from either.

Baird has barely had a game, and are you mystic meg how on earth will you know who will come good and who wouldnt? Baird wasnt even playing yesterday so amazing how he is the scapegoat and came on when we were 3-0 down with about 15 mins left on monday so its not just him to blame for monday nights defeat

Bearing in mind they are both on 2 year deals I doubt either will be offloaded

• Like 1