January Signings

Lionel J. Botch

Re the likes of Tidser, maybe we can't match Roy McGregor re wages but geography is often against him up there.

Taylor is the type of forward/striker we surely want. As long as his form returns to the level it was last season I can't see this being anything but a most positive signing. Getting him in early and match fit is a bonus. Being a tall lad he should prove useful when defending set pieces.

Gary Fraser's going back to Bolton and big Henoc back to Liverpool, according to Archie a few mins ago. Says we'll need a few players in.

That's good news about getting a few more players in. Farid coming as well would also be good but I think Taylor arriving means we've missed out.

Slighty disappointed about Fraser as he looked decent in the few games he played in. If we can sort out the defence then I would feel a lot better about the coming games.

Did someone mention Garry Kenneth?

He's been freed from Bristol Rovers this month. He's probably on outrageous dosh though.

Was on trial at Ross Co.

Assuming they've said 'no' if they're signing a Greek Centre Half.

Dosh wouldn't be the issue. The fact he's a bombscare would be a bigger issue!!

I have been going on about getting a striker to give a different option to Doolan since Craig was released and we finally have it. Taylor impressed me greatly with Falkirk last season. He is quick and strong and has an excellent shot on him. If we get the ball out to him quickly on the break I see him causing real problems for our opposition. It would not surprise me if Archie tried him in one the attacking midfield roles either.

Tidser is an interesting rumour and I think it will probably be true. I think Archie would play him in the defensive midfield role. He must be very worried by the absence of Welsh and Osbourne and I expect him to bring in somebody in to replace them. Tidser is an excellent crosser of the ball, strong in the tackle and has a football brain beyond his years. He also scored a few goals for Morton. The worry I would have is he is a little one paced. Though the same could be said of Paton and he has done okay with United.

Garry Kenneth is another interesting suggestion. I think we need somebody commanding in the air with experience at this level and he has that. Okay he is a bit ungainly but he is a leader at the back who could do a job for us. Bit of worry about whether he has went backward with his knee injury but if Archie is interested then I am sure he will have had a look recently. I am sure Archie has been down at a lot of reserve football down south over the last few months.

If Tony Watts available I would like him at Firhill, bit of an idiot but we have had our fare share of them over the years. Both his goals against Mechelen are decent finishes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdCQVGe0NsY

Marco I agree with you on the Tony Watt front. He may be a bit of an idiot but he will soon realize that being a wee bam aint going to get him playing in the top leagues which he desires. Lennon doesn't want him back but i am not sure he would want to play against Watt. I think he is a useful player and that finish on the video you posted (i think its the second goal?) is exactly what we need at the moment. We dont have a player that has that strength to shrug off the defender and smash the ball into the back of the net. With the arrival of Taylor, I agree with another posters comment that ; Farid is now not a viable option, which is a same. I also believe that although it would be nice to have Watt, I dont think he is going to be and option either. Also its a great shame that we have lost Fraser, i really liked the way he played and the edge he gave us.

If Tony Watts available I would like him at Firhill, bit of an idiot but we have had our fare share of them over the years. Both his goals against Mechelen are decent finishes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdCQVGe0NsY

Decent finishes?

That's 2 of the best strikers goals I've seen for a long time. His strength for the first one is outstanding and he rattles it home.

His pace for the 2nd one is equally impressive and it's a tremendous finish.

On that display the boy is out of our league.

Decent finishes?

That's 2 of the best strikers goals I've seen for a long time. His strength for the first one is outstanding and he rattles it home.

His pace for the 2nd one is equally impressive and it's a tremendous finish.

On that display the boy is out of our league.

good goals. Nice to see the standard of officials is rubbish in Belgium as well. Good goal not given and the red card looked dodgy

Gary Fraser's going back to Bolton and big Henoc back to Liverpool, according to Archie a few mins ago. Says we'll need a few players in.

Not 100% that he won't come back according to Archie. I thought his comment "Gary Fraser has gone back to Bolton as they want to have a chat with him." sounded a bit like being called into the boss's office on a Friday afternoon.

Not 100% that he won't come back according to Archie. I thought his comment "Gary Fraser has gone back to Bolton as they want to have a chat with him." sounded a bit like being called into the boss's office on a Friday afternoon.

Agreed.

Sounds like Bolton want to find out where the boys heads at. I'm not surprised either.

I think there's a good chance they might come to the conclusion that Firhill isn't the best place for him, given his lack of first team action and the incident in the under 20s game.

Have to admit, if I was Bolton manager id be looking to loan him out to a local conference team where he could be monitored a lot more closely.

A lad on pie and bovril (yes I know) says Darren Mackie wants a 2 year deal with us, and is not happy at being offered anything less

Given behind Doolan and Taylor we also have Baird, McgGuigan, Duggan etc under contract anyway I would see this as a complete waste of a wage if he was signed.

Apparently he has been injured in some of his time at Turiff United so when we are hoping to get Tidser and badly needing a central defender I dont think money for an injury prone striker to sit on the bench would be that ideal when we are urgently requiring strengthening in other areas.

I am hoping the poster got mixed up between January 1st and April 1st