January Signings

Lionel J. Botch

It always concerns me when folk say we could do this or provide that and think that it is automatically going to be a money spinner for the club. All these ideas cost money to run and more likely than not will run at a loss to start with.

Your not looking to make a Bill Gates profit to start up, but you can operate to break even whilst you get your name about and grow from there, get your name about be part of the community and an alternative to other venues, but that takes effort and a bit of hard work, something our current custodians do not want to do, we take the route with least resistance everytime and in doing so drop the quality and options to the punters and inso drop the potential income possibilities.

When Archie said after the Celtic game, players slipping thru his fingers when he thought the deal was done, I took this to be a reference to Tidser.

Agree with the criticism of the board, the togetherness between the club and the fans isn't quite there this season.

When Archie said after the Celtic game, players slipping thru his fingers when he thought the deal was done, I took this to be a reference to Tidser.

Agree with the criticism of the board, the togetherness between the club and the fans isn't quite there this season.

You get the horrible feeling that the board are just playing lip service to Archie and his desired signings. Could Taylor be the only one and that;s the bone that the board have thrown him?. I personally feel that the board wouldn't give a friar tuck if we went down. Yes, there is more money in the Premiership, but it could be that they are happy with this one big payday and that they would only have to pay even more in the forthcoming season(s) for us to progress.

So for the 1 off payment, SS get full use of our facilities and any profit from them (Whilst not paying any wages), our club took the easy option on this one, small payment for zero effort instead of a (Potentially) big payment for a decent effort

& who are sporting solutions? Remind me?

We're a cash cow for this current BoD.

They know they're onto a good thing & ain't letting go anytime soon.

Seriously. Anyone heard from Beattie or any board member this season (other than Maxwell?).

When you have one guy owning the club, making decisions that he himself has to sign off it must make it so much easier.

However that doesn't excuse the farce that is behind the scenes at our football club. The WRVS tea stall at Gartnavel is better run than us

There is a lesson for our BoD to take from Ross Co in what you've mentioned & even their structure on field with George Adams overseeing the whole of football operations.

Unfortunately, as a previous poster mentioned, we're run more like a junior club & by committee.Spot on

Where McGregor is putting his hand in his own pocket, our BoD are ultimately taking money out the club namely in the shape of PropCo.With very few of them contributing 1 penny to the club whilst taking a suit a jacket a seat, a free meal, transport and all the rubbing shoulders for their proper business

I think even if were to finish bottom this year, we'd earn in excess of £800k.Which is about £650k more than last season

Then there's parachute payments.To be spent where?

We've had monies from DU for McNamara et al.Where has it gone?

We have increased salaries on field I'm sure but unless I read differently, the management team are still on same contracts as last season when they were office appointed. Even most of the players are on the same

The youth system is run externally now so no costs there either.saves us around £80k a year from Maxies figures the other year

Was Michelle Evans ever replaced by the club Don't know

Bobby Dinnie Bobby was 80 when he retired it was no secret he would and the BoD done nothing to find a replacement in a timely manner, we still have none 8 months later

Ultimately we have a BoD & a chairman who are happy to share the limelight with a winning team but have gone almost mysteriously quiet this. I wonder why

Ian Maxwell seems to take most of the flack but was it ever officially announced that he'd joined the BoD Its on his twitter and linkedin account and sorry but if you are the Managing director you take the flak when it goes wrong, you are paid to manage and direct that operation

I'm not asking for our BoD to invest the same money McGregor has at Ross Co. The fans contribute through cash, what do those on the board (outwith Beattie & Allan) contribute or have contributed? They take more out in "Perks" than any fan

I'm asking them to put an infrastructure in place which will benefit the whole club top it bottom in both just now & in the future (& I exclude ThistleWeir as who knows what will happen with that after 3 years & ultimately no guarantee that any of these boys will ever get to first team- either not good enough or poached by someone else). ​To have an infrastructure we need to be professionally run, we are not

They need to support Archie on the field & not their cronies off field. Spot on, not just financially but also with the support (Scout etc) and structure

Example: doing up the Directors Box in main stand when they've been using JHS for how long...? Wee pat on the back fr the BoD from themselves, whilst forgetting away fans may wish to wash their hands

Bear in mind it was this BoD that ultimately put the Main Stand beyond use. Another short term plan

Then there's the CF which was 'merged' with the relatively successful fans lottery. Yet again the club take on a good idea and ruins it

Then there was fans Board Rep... Dead duck but that was also the JT's fault

Catering... Cheapest easiest option for the board with zero effort and zero responsibility

The Greaves deal deserved credit but this current mob...

Did we really think TAG, a DVD etc would happen?I hope so as I see it is a future for our club especially with a lot of Nomads

Our BoD are like a secret society & unwilling to put up but more than willing to shut up.One does wonder what the "Long term" plan is, and where the football team fits in it

They have the club over a barrel with PropCo, & imo, they're sitting biding their time until that particular number comes in That is my fear, and easier to do if the fanbase has dropped and has less clout.... they seem to have stopped working with ONETHISTLE

Why invest more than they have to in the meantime? Some have invested zero, but taken thousands out in suits, travel, tickets, meals, drinks, contacts etc etc

• Like 1

So for the 1 off payment, SS get full use of our facilities and any profit from them (Whilst not paying any wages), our club took the easy option on this one, small payment for zero effort instead of a (Potentially) big payment for a decent effort

How do SS not pay any wages? They have their own staff & I presume bar staff/waiters/cleaners etc.

They use the governments "Back to work" scheme, so whilst they employ them the government or us taxpayers pay the wages

So every employee they have is through that scheme? Big accusation, any facts to back it up? I highly doubt the stewards, bar staff, waiters who have worked at Firhill for years, long before SS were around are all funded through that scheme.

So every employee they have is through that scheme? Big accusation, any facts to back it up? I highly doubt the stewards, bar staff, waiters who have worked at Firhill for years, long before SS were around are all funded through that scheme.

Definitely on the pie stall side, they are registered as a "Training Provider" with companies house and were only "Created" just prior to them getting the ticket to the show at Firhill.

From their own page on FB (They have no website!!)

"PKC Sporting Solutions is a not-for-profit community focused Social Enterprise which was established in April 2010 by a group of professionals with many years working experience in the fields of professional sport, community development and commercial and social enterprise. This group of individuals hold the positions of working Directors with the company.

We are a self sufficient Social Enterprise which will re-invest profits accrued from commercial ventures with professional football clubs to support the development and sustainability of the communities in which we operate. Our core business function is collaborative working with professional football clubs to support their sustainability through the provision of guaranteed annual income in exchange for the procurement of service level contracts for the delivery of agreed commercial services within their stadia.

Our vision is to support professional football clubs to integrate with their communities and support community focused interventions which benefit local people and communities."

There are lots of good points on here, some that are not accurate and others that are simply assumptions. The strange thing is that under this Board we have appointed two good managers, reached a cup final, achieved promotion, reduced our debt and made a profit for the last three years yet people don't think the Board want our club to move forward. For all the praise that is being lavished on Ross County and their Board can I ask do you think their supporters will be that happy with all the aspects listed above if they going down and we stay up? Also, if we stay up will people say the Board played their part in that or will it be all the praise goes to Archie?

Management team at Hamilton's match against QoS today, I would assume to look at a signing target.

Interesting. I'd heard some chatter in the summer about us looking at Ziggy Gordon, but at the age of 20, I doubt it will be him we will be looking at this time. Someone with more experience most likely.

Interesting. I'd heard some chatter in the summer about us looking at Ziggy Gordon, but at the age of 20, I doubt it will be him we will be looking at this time. Someone with more experience most likely.

Ziggy Gordon would be a great signing. I think he is highly rated by Hamilton so I doubt they would let him go cheap.

Isn't Curier at Hamilton?

Well you can forget anybody that's not going to be cheap as this board are not going to push the boat out . Hopefully they will grow a pair and help the manager in his task, which is to keep us in this leaue and become an established and long term member. We should be competing with the st Mirrens., ross countys etc of this world if the club is run in a positive, professional manner.

Ziggy Gordon would be a great signing. I think he is highly rated by Hamilton so I doubt they would let him go cheap.

Isn't Curier at Hamilton?

Certainly agree he would be a good signing, but would mean adding another largely inexperienced SPL defender into the mix. At the moment we need someone with slightly more experience, but would love to add him to our team in the future.

And yes, Curier is at Hamilton. Scored today in their win over QoS.

Well you can forget anybody that's not going to be cheap as this board are not going to push the boat out . Hopefully they will grow a pair and help the manager in his task, which is to keep us in this leaue and become an established and long term member. We should be competing with the st Mirrens., ross countys etc of this world if the club is run in a positive, professional manner.

To be fair St Mirren and Ross County have the benefit of being established in the SPL for more than 1 season. They will be able to offer players more than us.

Apparently Ross County offered Tidser a better deal than us and 2 other Premiership clubs. We were probably nowhere near signing him.

To be honest I wouldn't be that surprised if Dundee had a bigger budget than us.

If we can stay up then we should have a base to build on and I think we will do a lot better.

To be fair St Mirren and Ross County have the benefit of being established in the SPL for more than 1 season. They will be able to offer players more than us.

Apparently Ross County offered Tidser a better deal than us and 2 other Premiership clubs. We were probably nowhere near signing him.

To be honest I wouldn't be that surprised if Dundee had a bigger budget than us.

If we can stay up then we should have a base to build on and I think we will do a lot better.

The weirs involvement has also gave us a promising base which I hope will come to great fruition in the future. So come on board do your bit and pull out the stops,or are you quite happy with 1st div fooball.