Time To Blow A Trumpet

Lindau

I thought Piccolo deserved praise for yesterday too. I think he was the reason that Zola was subbed. He was definitely determined to get to the ball first everytime it came near Zola. He also timed his tackles very well. It was almost as if he had a different mindset on and was determined to prove he deserves to start the next game and be first choice centre half. Now if only he could get his head on the ball from a corner kick in an attacking sense.

^^^^^^ eating a large portion of Humble Pie.

Well done Gabby, a good shift yesterday.

I'm a believer in having your captains armband being worn further back in the team and think we would benefit from more communication and leadership at the back (watch that offside line in particular) encouraging the team to push at the right time and to drag players back when we need to defend. Particularly to provide the glue in the team for the younger players (yesterday that was ALL of them).

Well done again Gabby, I'm looking forward to another helping of that pie on Saturday!!!

If Piccolo could be part of a winning team, his confidence would probably soar. One thing I liked about him yesterday was the good direction he got on many headers, sending them towards our players, rather than just any port in a storm. He also put through a couple of nice long balls that were almost Shaggy-esque in style.

Nice to be able to take at least this positive out of yesterday's dismalness.

Everyone loves the underdog. That’s probably why if Piccolo isn’t selling goals he must be having a great game unfortunately the reality check is he can’t header and he can’t tackle but on the Brightside he throws in well. I appreciate we all want him to do well but it’s a tough world out there and he’s never premier quality. Play him up with Dools out of harms way

Everyone loves the underdog. That’s probably why if Piccolo isn’t selling goals he must be having a great game unfortunately the reality check is he can’t header and he can’t tackle but on the Brightside he throws in well. I appreciate we all want him to do well but it’s a tough world out there and he’s never premier quality. Play him up with Dools out of harms way

I guess folk see things differently. I thought his headers, tackles and passes yesterday were excellent. Can't say I noticed the throw-ins; I'll take a close look next time.

• Like 1

Play him up with Dools out of harms way

And leave Muirhead and Balatoni, who have been even more deserving of any joke tag this season than Piccolo, to tend to defensive duties? No thanks. I expect Piccolo to have established himself as quite comfortably our best centre half come the end of the season.

Time for the BoD to put their hands in their pockets.

Clubs need to live within their means. If someone wants to throw their cash around, ok, but as far as I am concerned, there is no reason to expect that or to call on people to do so. If we have cash in the budget for signings it will be modest and unlikely to be for transfer fees, merely signing-on and wages.

Clubs need to live within their means. If someone wants to throw their cash around, ok, but as far as I am concerned, there is no reason to expect that or to call on people to do so. If we have cash in the budget for signings it will be modest and unlikely to be for transfer fees, merely signing-on and wages.

Which is a great pity and spot on... But then I recall folk telling us not to get wound up about lost income from the DVD or TAG as the SPFL is a pot of gold.

• Like 1

Although I only saw the second half it did look as though Gabby had another good game. Again his reading of the game and timing of his tackles was top notch. Listening to Sportsound, Billy Doods also commented how well Gabby was playing in the first half. The question is now; is it Balatoni or Muirhead with him?

Although I only saw the second half it did look as though Gabby had another good game. Again his reading of the game and timing of his tackles was top notch. Listening to Sportsound, Billy Doods also commented how well Gabby was playing in the first half. The question is now; is it Balatoni or Muirhead with him?

Hibs have some very big guys in their team, yet Piccolo and Muirhead coped well yesterday both in the air and on the deck. Other than Osborne, Gabby would be a contender for MotM both yesterday and last week against Aberdeen. There is certainly no reason for him to drop out next week. Piccolo and Muirhead to start, I'd say.

Hibs have some very big guys in their team, yet Piccolo and Muirhead coped well yesterday both in the air and on the deck. Other than Osborne, Gabby would be a contender for MotM both yesterday and last week against Aberdeen. There is certainly no reason for him to drop out next week. Piccolo and Muirhead to start, I'd say.

Yip the big fella is growing in confidence and for me anyway, there is no way he can be dropped for the next game. Its Aero and Gabby for me.

Think a back three would work well.

.......................... Fox ..........................

....... Muirhead .. Picollo .. Balatoni .....

O'Donnell ................................ Sinclair

................ Osbourne ... Welsh ..............

.... Higginbotham ............. Bannigan ....

......................... Doolan ........................

If everyone's fit.

Think a back three would work well.

.......................... Fox ..........................

....... Muirhead .. Picollo .. Balatoni .....

O'Donnell ................................ Sinclair

................ Osbourne ... Welsh ..............

.... Higginbotham ............. Bannigan ....

......................... Doolan ........................

If everyone's fit.

With the exception if Bannigan, that's the way I'd see it - think he's interchangeable with Craigan or Lawless if that formation.

Would allow us to dominate poorer teams going forward, but shore up against the 'big guns' or to protect a lead.