Ozzy Update

Metzmagic

Three key games before then though. We need to take points against Killie, Motherwell and Inverness if we're to avoid that play off place. Think we'll miss Ozzie most against the latter two. In the away game we can sit in a bit and hit on the break but we have to go for it in the home games and we really could do with Osbourne to close gaps we'll leave pushing forward.

See SOD is due back. Probably bench for Saturday but if we can bring him in for the 2 home games maybe McMillan can do a job in defensive midfield and make up a bit for Osbourne being out. One can only hope.

Three key games before then though. We need to take points against Killie, Motherwell and Inverness if we're to avoid that play off place. Think we'll miss Ozzie most against the latter two. In the away game we can sit in a bit and hit on the break but we have to go for it in the home games and we really could do with Osbourne to close gaps we'll leave pushing forward.

See SOD is due back. Probably bench for Saturday but if we can bring him in for the 2 home games maybe McMillan can do a job in defensive midfield and make up a bit for Osbourne being out. One can only hope.

Agree with I think McMillan can do a role as a sitting midfielder till Fraser is back. But realistically if we get a win against Killie then I'd say one point against Well and Inverness would be a good return. Considering our position expecting points in all these games is a bit much. The Killie County Hearts games are the important ones.

This is undoubtedly the worst piece of luck we've had this season, personally I blame that twat of a referee for allowing the game to begin in any event. The rest of the squad will just have to step up to the plate and show that they're good enough to fill the big man's boots. One thing about Rugby Park its usually a decent playing surface so there should me no excuses for a bad performance. Most importantly we've got to stop conceding soft goals, especially from corners etc,. and try and not go behind right at the start. If we play like we did against Hibs then I think we 'll be fine, but produce anything like we did last Saturday!!!

Bit of ambiguity, Tom. From official site..........

"The fact that the St Johnstone game was abandoned at half-time means now that Gary Fraser would be available to play against Celtic on New Year’s Day".

My guess is that if the game hadn't started or had been abandoned before half time, he wouldn't be available until the Hearts game.

I wasn't there yesterday so can't really comment. However, it does seem we had a more positive performance in terms of attacking play than in previous weeks. Was this a side effect of not having Osbourne playing? Did we miss Osbourne yesterday and who did pick up his slack as such?

I don't think you can put a positive spin on not playing Osbourne tho' I suppose against the so called weaker sides in the division he may not be so missed

Bannigan had a good game altho' he did misjudge a couple of passes. One especially could've been punished by better opponents. Mostly Stuart did the Osbourne work with help from Craigen. I suspect their combined energy more than makes up for Ossie but of course that's two guys doing the work of one. Without Osbourne I feel we're badly missing a fully fit Welsh who can get into the opposition penalty area.

Archie's obviously trying to get some assistance to Doolan and I suppose to some degree, even without the security of Osbourne he succeeded yesterday. Not much comfort but we've gone from not creating chances back to missing them. Even if it's papering over cracks I don't think you can underestimate the misses in front of goal yesterday.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to think the latter. Releasing from contract might save some money, but it would be tough luck on the player, who is unlikely to find any club prepared to pay him wages if he cannot play. So I suppose I'm saying that his contract should be honoured but every effort made to get him to commit to Jags if and when he is fit again.

I'd like to think the latter. Releasing from contract might save some money, but it would be tough luck on the player, who is unlikely to find any club prepared to pay him wages if he cannot play. So I suppose I'm saying that his contract should be honoured but every effort made to get him to commit to Jags if and when he is fit again.

Releasing him also sends the wrong message to our current squad and any potential new signings, basically if you get injured your on your own. He'll probably be freed in the morning