Archie Must Go ?

javeajag

ok.....embarrassing...dreadful....amateurish you pick the words to describe todays performance.....

its clear we are going backwards particularly in defensive its hard to see us actually winning a game.....the tact is are poor etc etc etc

bottom line Archie hasn't got it..... time he made for someone who knows what they are doing.

Have to agree wholeheartedly. And before all the happy clap brigade on here pounce look at the facts - 5 points from a possible 45 one win in 15? Games. Two clean sheets all season, no home win. No plan b or alternative system. Two defenders in management team and today was schoolboy defending to say the least.

We have a chance if we change now. We are not done yet but carry on this vein n we r down. Also regarding January recent history suggests Archie won't get it right in jan based on his summer signings. Give a new manager the jan window. Club legend yes but no room for sentiment in this league.

It is a genuine debate. So the people who are calling for his head. What would you do to remedy this fall? Who would you bring in? Where would you strengthen?

IMO the board WON'T sack him and I don't see Archie walking away!

Well that's another argument and it's the boards job to source an appropriate and suitable replacement.

Perhaps one reason for not sacking him could be money.

Not making any point regarding him staying or leaving but the Board might have to think long and hard about paying him (and potentially others) off and then trying to get someone (again there might be others involved as assistants) in to replace him at a reasonable cost. It is possible but might have an impact on any funds which might have been available for signings in the new year.

• Like 1

Not making any point regarding him staying or leaving but the Board might have to think long and hard about paying him (and potentially others) off and then trying to get someone (again there might be others involved as assistants) in to replace him at a reasonable cost. It is possible but might have an impact on any funds which might have been available for signings in the new year.

On that point, any money available could b wasted in January given Archie's summer signing record.

• Like 1

Last season we were involved in an exciting two-horse race with Morton for the second tier title. This season we're in an exciting three- or four-horse race with Kilmarnock, Ross County, and maybe St Mirren to avoid the play-off spot. Looking at overall position in the division is irrelevant - it's where we are among that lot that counts.

We're the newly promoted team, so least experienced at this level, and probably have the smallest budget in the division (with the exception of Hearts I would guess). I'm not at all sure where a lot of people expected us to be at this time.

I'd still rather be mixing it in the top tier than winning nearly every week downstairs.

• Like 5

Last season we were involved in an exciting two-horse race with Morton for the second tier title. This season we're in an exciting three- or four-horse race with Kilmarnock, Ross County, and maybe St Mirren to avoid the play-off spot. Looking at overall position in the division is irrelevant - it's where we are among that lot that counts.

We're the newly promoted team, so least experienced at this level, and probably have the smallest budget in the division (with the exception of Hearts I would guess). I'm not at all sure where a lot of people expected us to be at this time.

I'd still rather be mixing it in the top tier than winning nearly every week downstairs.

It's this nonsense that really gets me. Sick of the "lowest budget" excuse every week. Look at the form table the way we r going we will finish 11th n if hearts start picking up points who knows! Can anyone see us going to tynecastle next week n beating a team if hungry young boys with nothing to lose!?

• Like 1

Wasn't at the game today.

Still some reasons to be cheerful. Tenth in the top flight, automatic relegation nearly impossible. 4 points ahead of the play off place. Form in the last 8 league games or so has been dreadful and ordinarily we would have free fallen to bottom of the pile. But, crucially, we haven't. St. Mirren, Ross County, Kilmarnock are poor teams. I think we ARE CAPABLE of finishing outside the bottom 2, whether we will is uncertain but that's why football is interesting.

A lot will depend on who we can/will sign in the January transfer window.

• Like 1

I have always being a defender of Archie, however results like today would put pressure on any manager. I know it sounds corny, but I don't think we were totally outplayed today. Instead, our usual faults were on clear display, 1. Basic defensive errors. 2. Failure to convert chances. On the other hand I did think we had run up the white flag early on in the second half. The bottom line is I don't have anything to offer which would ameliorate our result today. Let's be honest our form of the last couple of months is that of relegation candidates.

The management team are struggling - its clear they need help. So they should be sitting down with the chairman having that discussion. No disgrace in putting your hands up and admitting you're finding it difficult and need some help. So the chairman should be inviting them in for a chat about that and if they need an experienced head to come in and help out on a consultancy basis, then so be it.

ANd come January, no signings such as Kerr or Baird please.

IMO, talk of sacking them is ridiculous but each to their own opinion.

• Like 6

It's this nonsense that really gets me. Sick of the "lowest budget" excuse every week. Look at the form table the way we r going we will finish 11th n if hearts start picking up points who knows! Can anyone see us going to tynecastle next week n beating a team if hungry young boys with nothing to lose!?

Hardly nonsense. It's totally relevant!! You just seem to be blind to it.

Serious confusion as to the capabilities of Thistle as a club and as a team at the present moment on this board tonight.

Perhaps some people should go have a wee lie down, and consider, well, everything, about the club over the past ten years.

How we all laughed at Midden fans squealing for Lennon's head about twenty seconds ago.

Wouldn't be overly shocked or surprised if some of this pitchfork-waving mob were the ones bleating about finishing top three at the beginning of the season.

Just remember 11th place wouldn't be a disaster kids.

Edited by peagreenboy
  • Like 3