Lyle Taylor

jonboy

From footymad site -

"Should of loaned him out england. I really feel that sending him back the scottish second tier or lower will do very little to help him adjust to the english leagues.

Should of only allowed a move to another english team."

The poster's knowledge of Scottish football is even poorer than his grammar.

Think we will all put up with his stroppyness if he bangs in the goals that keeps us up

This.

I would even go so far to say that I'd still love him even if he celebrated his goals by sticking the fingers up at me and shouting "I hate Thistle. I'm only here for a move to another team".

I'm pleased with this signing,how many balls have been cut back from the bye line and just rolled through the box because Doolan has been out of position collecting the ball in the first place, he's the type to be running in there to smash it home,hopefully not do what he did at Firhill last season and miss from 2 yards out! the quicker he gets a goal the better, hopefully he can get his confidence back quickly and bang in a few goals for us,starting at Parkheid. a few folk(and falkirk fans) saying Farid was better but I always thought Taylor gave us the run around and looked more dangerous. if the rumours are true then hopefully Tidser can do a job aswell. we need a bit of 'dig' in midfield and someone to put their foot on the ball and find a pass.

From footymad site -

"Should of loaned him out england. I really feel that sending him back the scottish second tier or lower will do very little to help him adjust to the english leagues.

Don't you hate 'should of' when it is 'should've' .......Footiy maad , hang you're hed inn shaym

He was the creator of almost all the chances in the ICT game all Doolan and Lawless had to do was put away the chances he created, it seems he is now expected to do everything since the chances he creates the other forwards cannot take advantage of. I like Lawless but apart from small spells where he has a burst of energy its not been happening for the wee man, the touch isn't there a lot of the time.

SOD created the chances for Higginbotham and Lawless, Craigen created the chance for Doolan.

Wikipedia has 24 goals in 34 games. Including a long range strike against Fox in the opening game of last season.

Drop Higginbotham, move Lawless over to the left and have Doolan supporting Taylor.

good call. 4-4-2 Higgenbotham flatters to deceive it will also take some pressure off Doolan

There was more chances than shown in the highlights, he consistently plays a part somewhere in attacking moves if not the final ball in.

In your post, though, it seemed as if you were referring to Doolans and Lawless missed headers. Higginbotham does usually have at least one direct run on the goal, but more often than not he tries to do too much himself and the chance is lost

I wasn't specifically having a go at him, merely pointing out that it was other players who created the clear chances for us vs ICT.

From footymad site -

If the grammar polis raided this site, it would be closed down immediately.

Doolan and Taylor in the same starting XI. Could that happen? Who would drop a little behind?

I wouldn't see them both starting in the immediate future. What might happen is Doolan starts, Lawless is subbed early 2nd half for Taylor with Doolan dropping back to the Lawless position. Variations on that sort of thing that allow for at least an overlap with Taylor and Doolan playing together.

The notion of playing two up is all very well but we'd lose out in midfield and in any case we're not suited to the long ball. Without Ossie we really need two holding/deeper midfielders or you end up with the opposition going right thru us as was the case with Motherwell. Doolan or Taylor would just get dragged back into midfield as cover,

A simple 4-4-2 involving Doolan and LT up front can't exactly be a barmy option surely?

How about?

Fox

SOD Aero Conrad/Piccolo ATS

McMillan Craigen Lawless Higginbotham

Taylor Doolan

Maybe a wee bit dig-lite in centre mid, but creative enough I reckon.

Jesus couldn't play that away to Celtic, we'd get roasted!