Celtic - Jags

marco77

I would play the exact same team and same tactics against hearts. Keep it solid at the back and we will def score against a far inferior team. We were breaking well today and Taylor looked a real threat. Hats off to Archie for nearly pulling it off.

• Like 3

Not any point in starting a Justin thread. That was more like it today. I was sitting in the main stand with two of my Smelltik mates and they were very generous in their praise of Thistle. One of the few teams that have came to Porkheid and had a go was their impression of the game. What a difference Taylor made up front. Holds the ball up well and brings players into the game by doing so. Pretty sure he will score a few. No failures whatsoever but a bit of praise from me for Craigan. He has been copping a bit of stick on here but I thought he had a great game today.

Edited by Lindau

was same formation just muirhead played dmc and it looked a bit more solid at back, only thing is people are happy with performance etc how can you be if you lose a game i got same with my colleague who a celtic fan when saying proud to be a *** after a european defeat are fans happy to lose games these days

i be proud if we win games ugly because we are winning

was same formation just muirhead played dmc and it looked a bit more solid at back, only thing is people are happy with performance etc how can you be if you lose a game i got same with my colleague who a celtic fan when saying proud to be a *** after a european defeat are fans happy to lose games these days

Nobody is happy losing games, but after Sundays debacle I think most of us were seriously concerned about visiting Porkheid a few days later. We played ever so well, but the big test for us is our next 5 games. Think we have to look at 9/10 points at least from these games

I would take no "pride" in winning ugly. Any team in the world can beat any other team by playing ugly. There is no pride in that.

I take pride in watching my team entertain, I take pride in the credit and plaudits it receives.

• Like 1

I would take no "pride" in winning ugly. Any team in the world can beat any other team by playing ugly. There is no pride in that.

I take pride in watching my team entertain, I take pride in the credit and plaudits it receives.

I love the football we have been playing and trying to play over the last two years. However, I'd be lying if I said I didn't take any pride in 'winning ugly'. I take a lot of pride when Thistle win a game, no matter how they did it.

• Like 1

We played the team that recently pumped the team that pumped us last week, before this game it looked like this could be a total horsing for us.

We played them off the park at times, and were unlucky not to get 1 or 3 points

Our team is not set up or consists of players to play ugly, we have a squad of players that like to play football, if we decide to play ugly we will go down I have no doubts about it,

if we keep playing football and with taylor giving us a new dimension upfront with the tweek to the formation Archie made today I think we can play our way out of trouble or at least stay true to our footballing style and go down holding on to our beliefs in how football should be played

• Like 4

Archie said in the post match reaction that Muirhead played in Osbourne's role.

I'd like to see how the formation was different from the Motherwell game.

Was Higginbotham behind Taylor, Craigen in Lawless's role and Muirhead beside Bannigan?

I only watched on the stream but it looked like

Fox

SOD- Piccolo- Balatoni- ATS

Muirhead-Bannigan

Elliott- Craigen- Higginbotham

Taylor

I refuse to believe that if we continue to play like we did today we'll go down. Regardless as I and many others have said we simply don't have the squad of players to play in the tradional Rangers style. If we can only beat Hertz on Sunday, I could,see the confidence soaring and us going on a wee run, one which our style of football really deserves.

It's so bloody. frustrating being continually the best team and continually losing.

That said I am immensely proud of my team tonight, the way we played and the way we took the game to Celtic.

We've all got to remember how young this side is compared to our rivals, which makes the football we play all the more of an achievment

Let's hope we take a decent support throw to Swinecastle to cheer the team on, on Sunday

• Like 1

Completely agree, would much rather lose and play well than win in a very poor dull game.

The ideal is to do both but most teams ain't Barca and it simply isn't possible to win all the time but it is possible to entertain every game.

I've watched the Jags for a long time now and this team is one of the few to be pleasing to watch in most games, long may this run continue hopefully it is still in the top flight.

• Like 1

Thought we played very well today, with no real failures in the team. Liked the set up with Muirhead as the holding midfielder as he gave good protection to the middle 2. Other than a header early on which was well saved by Fox, I can't recall them creating much other than long range efforts. Our closing down and chasing we're excellent.

What a save from their keeper from Elliott's header in the first half. And we had one cleared from the line (almost) in the second with a few other chances in between. Taylor up front gives us an ability to hold the ball up in a way Doolan doesn't. Think he will be a very decent addition to the squad.

As I had to watch from the upper north stand today (torture bytheway) huge congratulations to the Thistle support who had to sit in that pokey wee corner of the stadium. I can only imagine how bad the view was from some of those seats. Excellent backing of the team.

Did some fans get ejected? There seemed to be a bit off a stooshy at one point.

What happened with Gabby at the end? It looked as if he wanted to shake hands with a fan and some jobs worth was pushing him back.

I thought the team played well today and it was the reaction we wanted after the humping off Motherwell. Could easily have had a couple of goals and kept Sellick to very few chances although disappointing to lose a goal from 25 yards out. Not one failure in the team IMO.

Thought the ref and liners were terrible - we seemed to be penalised for things that Sellick got away with.

Highlights in the stands for me? The toothless simpleton in the home end being thrown out and the vocal Jags support which put the "special Parkhead atmosphere" to shame.

By the way, does anyone know why the two Jags boys were ejected?

I thought the team played well today and it was the reaction we wanted after the humping off Motherwell. Could easily have had a couple of goals and kept Sellick to very few chances although disappointing to lose a goal from 25 yards out. Not one failure in the team IMO.

Thought the ref and liners were terrible - we seemed to be penalised for things that Sellick got away with.

Highlights in the stands for me? The toothless simpleton in the home end being thrown out and the vocal Jags support which put the "special Parkhead atmosphere" to shame.

By the way, does anyone know why the two Jags boys were ejected?

Well its reassuring to see most things don't change. As for the boys who got chucked out heard via a third party that the police took action because the boys made sectarian comments about Neil Lennon . No idea of the truth of this or indeed the individuals concerned did or did not make the alleged sectarian remark. Therefore I'll refrain from commenting.

From what I saw on the ropey link to the tim channel, Thistle played some excellent stuff. It's heartbreaking to see them play so well most of the time but failing to win time after time after time. That's now 15 games, and I hate to say it, but I have a horrible feeling about the result of the forthcoming match against the tarts.

What happened with Gabby at the end? It looked as if he wanted to shake hands with a fan and some jobs worth was pushing him back.

I heard he had family visiting from Mexico and he just wanted to go chat with them. A***hole of a steward wouldn't let him.

Bet you any money that if Scott Brown wanted to chat with some fans there'd be nae bother.

Regarding Gabby what was the point of not letting him over to the fans ,its not as though it could have incited anything as all the great cellick fans had already done an ibrox impression and disappeared

Its just another example of over the top stewarding where no common sense is applied and Thistle supporters who have absolutely no history of violence/ trouble (to the best of my knowledge) are treated in a similar manner to Govan's finest, who with the best will in the world can hardly be said to be cut from the same cloth.

The incident was completely unnecessary and easily avoided. I'm beginning to think that being a football supporter is close to being a social leper/ To put it in context would you spend similar money on a film , concert or theatre show to be treated the way we're treated?

Same thing as when Celtic scored it was like the invasion of Poland (and a similar level of justification) as hordes of stewards surrounded the small, nut noisy Thistle support. If I was young and of an age to react to provocation, them this sort of display would be more likely to provoke than control.

To be honest I've been at most Premiership grounds this season and this sort of stewarding is the norm whether it be Dingwall or Dundee.