Foul Mouthed Abusive Fans

erty13

I sit near the corporate seats at the back of the Jackie Husband stand, where behind us are two of the loudest foul mouthed people i have ever encountered.

Every second word starts with an f&&& and normally followed with a, b&&&& and a w&&&&&.

They shout abuse at both the thistle and away players.

Yesterday they stooped to a new low, by shouting racist abuse towards the italian center half.

As both of them are incredabily loud they must ruin the game for a few hundred fans who sit with their children.

Any views on how to restore normal footballing fan behaviour to this area.

Racist abuse is illegal.

If that happens again, direct the nearest steward to the offending party or parties and demand that they are arrested by the police, or at the very least immediately ejected. I don't know how the stewards deal with offences like this at Firhill.

I have never experienced such behaviour at Firhill, but if I did, I would expect immediate action to be taken.

There is no place for racism at Firhill, corporate seats or cheap seats.

• Like 2

I sit near the corporate seats at the back of the Jackie Husband stand, where behind us are two of the loudest foul mouthed people i have ever encountered.

Every second word starts with an f&&& and normally followed with a, b&&&& and a w&&&&&.

Yesterday they stooped to a new low, by shouting racist abuse towards the italian center half.

As both of them are incredabily loud they must ruin the game for a few hundred fans who sit with their children.

Is one of them the fella that always has a go at the ref calling him, dependent on his size or lack of hair, "Fatty" or "Bawldy".? Been doing the same routine for years? :unsure:

• Like 1

have two behind me that are likewise - everyone's a f***ing something

Eventually my 14 year old said enough is enough , so I turned round and they were prob both 55+!!!

a lifetime of bad upbringing and behavior to try and get them to come into line.

Like said elsewhere , challenge them and get them sorted

Doesn't help that they only turned up when we were looking on track for promotion last year

Would hope that anyone heard shouting racist abuse at Firhill would be instantly rounded upon by those around them.

The only time I heard racist abuse at Firhill was about 12 years ago and the guilty party was not a jags fan, he was a mate of someone who had tagged along.

Will never forget the reaction to his comments that day - he was instantly rounded on by everyone at the city end of the JH and hounded out of the ground.

Was proud to be a jags fan that day.

F*** off ya ***in shower of **n**.

Only kidding. Take my own daughter sometimes. The odd word here and there I have no problem with, it's the incessant stuff that's a problem. Loved the guy sitting next to me at the Celtic game. When Samaras went down for about the fourth time he jumped up and gave it ya diving cheating dirty ******* etc them immediately turned round to me and apologised. When I said it we fine he said "aye, it's the football, eh". I couldn't agree more .

But no place for racism, absolutely not.

Probably best to contact the club if you have a good idea where they sit. It would be tricky for the police to arrest unless they had people willing to give them statements at the time, or if they saw it themselves. I was at Wembley in August and the screens had a rolling advert with a text number to report ongoing anti-social incidents. Would maybe be a good idea if the SPFASFLSFAVPL could set up a text number where fans of all clubs could record the incidents. That way it wouldn't be long before they catch them and bin them. Heard Sieb Dykstra get racial abuse when he was with Well, and Quitongo at Love Street after he scored against us, think that was about 15 years ago. Gladly, nothing since.

I know exactly who you are talking about. Our seats are a few rows in front. While I have never heard any racist abuse from the pair (unless calling Georgios Samaras a f**king Greek waiter a**ehole a dozen times counts), their constant loud, over abusive language has forced me and my son to move to the family section.

This is mainly to protect me from myself mind you as every week I feel the urge to 'wanner' them. Twice.

I don't really know what can be done about it though as, unless it is racist abuse, general swearing at football matches is the norm and people with young children do have the option to sit elsewhere. If you were to arrest someone every time they swore we would have an empty stadium so where do you draw the line? How much swearing do you have to do before the stewards or police give you a warning? I don't think anyone on here can say they have never sworn when at the game, unless with kids.

As mentioned in a previous post, the abuse from these guys isn't always at the opposition or ref. Any Thistle player that misplaces a pass or loses a tackle is an a**ehole. It isn't just the swearing that gets to me, they are just the most moronic pair you would ever have the misfortune to listen to. Every week they were ruining our enjoyment of going to the game and our defence has been more than capable of doing that this season. I went in to the Firhill office to change seats a few weeks ago but there was no availability in the better viewing areas.

As I say, I don't think there is anything police or stewards can do unless the are racially abusing but if anyone comes up with a good plan to get rid of these nincompoops (didn't want to swear) I would be happy to back it..

• Like 1

I've got a similar problem. The person sitting next to me is always at it - f**k this and f**k that - shocking language. I've thought about getting a steward involved several times to get them ejected, but I fear that might create an atmosphere in the house when we get home.

• Like 4

I know exactly who you are talking about. Our seats are a few rows in front. While I have never heard any racist abuse from the pair (unless calling Georgios Samaras a f**king Greek waiter a**ehole a dozen times counts), their constant loud, over abusive language has forced me and my son to move to the family section.

This is mainly to protect me from myself mind you as every week I feel the urge to 'wanner' them. Twice.

I don't really know what can be done about it though as, unless it is racist abuse, general swearing at football matches is the norm and people with young children do have the option to sit elsewhere. If you were to arrest someone every time they swore we would have an empty stadium so where do you draw the line? How much swearing do you have to do before the stewards or police give you a warning? I don't think anyone on here can say they have never sworn when at the game, unless with kids.

As mentioned in a previous post, the abuse from these guys isn't always at the opposition or ref. Any Thistle player that misplaces a pass or loses a tackle is an a**ehole. It isn't just the swearing that gets to me, they are just the most moronic pair you would ever have the misfortune to listen to. Every week they were ruining our enjoyment of going to the game and our defence has been more than capable of doing that this season. I went in to the Firhill office to change seats a few weeks ago but there was no availability in the better viewing areas.

As I say, I don't think there is anything police or stewards can do unless the are racially abusing but if anyone comes up with a good plan to get rid of these nincompoops (didn't want to swear) I would be happy to back it..

print out this post and leave it on their seats

but if you ever do decide to get the polis make sure you get the fattest and baldest one :thumbsup2:

Racist abuse is illegal.

If that happens again, direct the nearest steward to the offending party or parties and demand that they are arrested by the police, or at the very least immediately ejected. I don't know how the stewards deal with offences like this at Firhill.

I have never experienced such behaviour at Firhill, but if I did, I would expect immediate action to be taken.

There is no place for racism at Firhill, corporate seats or cheap seats.

GRASS!!!

I know exactly who you are talking about….

As mentioned in a previous post, the abuse from these guys isn't always at the opposition or ref. ... they are just the most moronic pair you would ever have the misfortune to listen to. Every week they were ruining our enjoyment of going to the game ...

... if anyone comes up with a good plan to get rid of these nincompoops (didn't want to swear) I would be happy to back it..

Please leave these guys alone. This is a care in the community initiative. Their poor wives only get a few hours of respite every second Saturday.

I used to have a couple of morons near my grandson and me. They were loud mouthed abusive cretins who swore almost constantly for ninety minutes. The limit for me was when they started to shout “I hope you die of cancer” you so and so.

I emailed the club with their row and seat number. I think Brian had word with them. Sorted.

Not sure which side of the corporate area you sit at but I have had my seat in the back row of block 4 since the stand opened and have never heard any racial abuse. The most offensive thing I have come across in the area is rogue old firm fans when we've played them in the past but they are usually removed when they inevitably out themselves. I think it's a great place to sit in general though and most of the folk in my immediate vicinity have been in the same seats as long as I have so I'm not sure how you would "restore normal footballing fan behaviour to the area" in that respect.