Sick In The Basin # 5 On Sale

The Sunnylaw Jag

I know it's only a few weeks since issue 4 hit the newstands but the next issue is out tomorrow and will be on sale outside the game at St. Mirren. Unfortunately I do not as yet have a copy nor will I be at the game tomorrow, so can't give you too many details but I believe Chris Erskine is on the front cover. As to the rest of it, there is news on the exciting launch of SITB TV giving details of the opening night line-up.

As always thanks for your support, I hope to have copies early next week and will list details of how to get a copy posted out to you. Cheers.

Good stuff, certainly going from strength to strength, imo. Only we fox paw was the repeating of the trading card/ stickers article ;)

Still haven't got my copy yet so can't comment but Fritz really needs to stop doing allnighters in putting it together. Will be getting copies to sell by tomorrow. Cheers for the feedback, it's always good to hear people are enjoying it.

As you can see by the above post I have finally got a hold of the new issue. If you want a copy by post please contact me at [email protected] The cost is £2 and 90p post UK, Europe £2.10 and worldwide £3.00. You can pay by paypal to the above email but please make it a family and friends payment. Back issues of 2,3 and 4 are available also. Contac me for details, otherwise it will be on sale on Saturday. Please note by this afternoon I hope to have it on sale on eBay.

Edited by The Sunnylaw Jag

If the content is anything like the editor's foul mouthed, sectarian ranting at Celtic Park(from where he was ejected), i'll give it a miss.

He did apologise for his behaviour at Parkhead in the previous issue but that doesn't excuse it. However, I would like to think there's enough intelligent and funny stuff in it to make it worthwhile for anybody who ain't too keen on the Editor (poor demented soul that he is) to buy it. Give it a go and if you don't like it, don't buy it again. Cheers SLJ

in reply to La Scimmia Rossa's comment. - if you were to ask ANYONE who knows me, they would tell you i detest sectarianism and the least racist person they know. On Saturday V St Mrren,I was reminded by friends on the supporters bus, I was NOT in fact "ejected" but left of my own accord. This was due to my disgust at being told by stewards that I could not wave my flag and the fact I could only see about half he pitch,plus the fact I was gasppin fur a fag.

Re the Politics stuff in SITB - "Now, some of you may support the idea that football and politics should not mix. And I do have some sympathy with this view, however this issue is just too big to ignore" Reproduced from the1st reincarnation issue. If those who buy the 'zine don't want a little political comment let us know,so far only 2 people have complained about it. Hope that clears up everything.

• Like 2

in reply to La Scimmia Rossa's comment. - if you were to ask ANYONE who knows me, they would tell you i detest sectarianism and the least racist person they know. On Saturday V St Mrren,I was reminded by friends on the supporters bus, I was NOT in fact "ejected" but left of my own accord. This was due to my disgust at being told by stewards that I could not wave my flag and the fact I could only see about half he pitch,plus the fact I was gasppin fur a fag.

Re the Politics stuff in SITB - "Now, some of you may support the idea that football and politics should not mix. And I do have some sympathy with this view, however this issue is just too big to ignore" Reproduced from the1st reincarnation issue. If those who buy the 'zine don't want a little political comment let us know,so far only 2 people have complained about it. Hope that clears up everything.

Perhaps a halfway House where to make amends for our Friend Mr Red Monkeys compliant you could provide him a right of reply where he can argue the case for the No Vote :whistling:

Aye. well, I think it's got great nostalgia,

a lttle bit of satire,

Also, some serious comment, you will like or dislike!

a few belly laughs - tho could do with more!

and a lot of truth about our PTFC!

I think the whole idea of it is to provoke a reaction from whoever reads it ! :frantic:

and will respond by writing in and getting satisfaction of seeing themselves in Print!

Either postive or negative - don't matter, just contribute!

I do think it could be fine tuned! tho I like the tongue firmly in cheek!! :crazy: Adds to the charm!

the longer it goes on the better it will get. - over to you Fritz! :borat:

Long live The SITB! :rocker:

Thanks to all who are buying this on Ebay, although everytime I have to change the URL to connect from here. As before issues 2 -5 available on eBay. Postage is £1.00 for one but only £1.20 if you buy all 4. Cheers SLJ

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1558.l2649

Of course feel free to look at the seller's other items and buy some records, cds etc.

Just a reminder this will be on sale today. For the first time I will be selling at the turnstiles at the Jackie Husband from 2.30pm so come and say hello and buy a copy. Hope to see you there . . . and a note to anyone who I have insulted over the last ten months I didn't mean it, so no attacking me please. Fanzine costs £2 only. Also a reminder it can bought online at ebay following the links on the above post. Cheers

Ha ha. However, if you're not at the game for whatever reason you can buy it via ebay through easyfundraising and some proceeds will go the club. Any profit will go towards a Sick In The Basin flag but so far it would b a small one but thanks for your enquiry and hopefully l'll see u at the game.

Hi thanks to everyone who bought one yesterday including David Beattie. We sold about 120 but still need to shift some more. It's strange but nobody under 30 seems to buy it and I'm not sure why. Anybody with any ideas why let us know . . because it's crap etc, is not a helpful answer. I did manage to sell a few and thanks to people at the club's encouragement, there seemed to be no problems with selling in the concourse in the Jackie Husband at half-time.

A reminder it can be bought on eBay or pm to me as well for details. There are only a few teams in Britain with fanzines so we do need your support and encouragement to keep going. Thank you.