Dufc Game

DublinMagyar

Just checked the form of our Tannadice "pals" because I'd had it in my head that they were Sh1te and thought i must be a deluded moron...............turns out I was right, they are worse than us over last 6 games 4 defeats and 2 draws. Not great for a team i keep hearing are populated by the next Messi/Ronaldo/Mcgrain etc...........what do we have to be afraid of? Over to yous

I can understand why many people will look at our next few games and be fearful because the way our season is going but let's just remind ourselves, as the title says, WE ARE THISTLE!. I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up 8/9 pts from the next 5 games which would probably move us out of the PO spot...........saying that I also wouldn't be surprised if weget 2. I still feel optimistic and the teams above just aren.t THAT good. Believe! I should also mention I'm a moron, if I haven't already!

There is a big difference between the top 6 and bottom 6 teams in terms of quality and we haven't really matched many teams in the top 6 so far this season.

St Mirren still have 2 games at Parkhead and 4 home games compared our 5 home games left before the split so we have to start winning at home if we want to stay with them. This is a decent chance to do that with DU's poor recent form.

It was encouraging to see that Archie reads this forum and saw my suggestion on swapping McMillan with SOD for today.

Let's hoping he can finish it off with dropping Craigen for Fraser for next Saturday.

Dundee United sweep aside teams in the bottom half and struggle against teams in the top half. Mainly due to them playing much like us - very attack minded. They aren't strong enough to hold out against Aberdeen/Motherwell etc but are too good for the likes of us. Can see a 2 - 0 United. Their six game winning run came against all the bottom six clubs.

EDIT: If Elliot starts then 4 - 0.

Edited by read'n'yell

Dundee United sweep aside teams in the bottom half and struggle against teams in the top half. Mainly due to them playing much like us - very attack minded. They aren't strong enough to hold out against Aberdeen/Motherwell etc but are too good for the likes of us. Can see a 2 - 0 United. Their six game winning run came against all the bottom six clubs.

EDIT: If Elliot starts then 4 - 0.

Is that excluding the 3-0 shafting they got from Ross County last weekend?

What I don't get is this "our ship has sailed" attitude, when we're just over half way through the season and within touching distance of three other clubs, passing one of them would make it a great season. This level of defeatism is beyond anything I've ever experienced as a football fan.

Fortunately I am pretty confident that these forum dwellers are a small minority. I thought the Thistle support at the game today was excellent.

• Like 1

It was encouraging to see that Archie reads this forum and saw my suggestion on swapping McMillan with SOD for today.

Let's hoping he can finish it off with dropping Craigen for Fraser for next Saturday.

I can assure you that Archie reading this forum would not be an encouraging sign.

What I don't get is this "our ship has sailed" attitude, when we're just over half way through the season and within touching distance of three other clubs, passing one of them would make it a great season. This level of defeatism is beyond anything I've ever experienced as a football fan.

Fortunately I am pretty confident that these forum dwellers are a small minority. I thought the Thistle support at the game today was excellent.

If you count, you'll see the same names come up all the time and there is only a small number of them. The rest of us - while realising we have a very tough task ahead of us still believe and still give the team all their support.

• Like 1

at the start of the season we would gladly have taken the scenario that we find ourselves in eg hearts point deficit increased with two thirds of the season gone and within striking distance of 3 other teams, yes home form a concern but doom and gloom NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS REALLY GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND DO OUR BIT TO PULL THEM OVER THE SURVIVAL LINE,THAT WOULD BE A MASSIVE ACHIEVEMENT

Edited by watchmealjag

It'll be interesting to see the team selection for this one. Will we see 2 up front at last? Ironically, I think Dundee Utd is one of the only home games where our regular formation suits the game. They play much the same way as us, and we can break on them.

2 big losses from midfield again this week, but we have quite a few options. Do we replace Higgy and Erskine with Lawless and Elliott? (Please no). Do we push Bannigan out wide and bring Fraser back into the middle? (also no). Do we play Doolan just behind Taylor and ask him to chase everything down? (I like this one).

To be fair United have already pumped us twice at their owm midden and a combination of our defensive inadequacies and their attacking prowess would ten to suggest that they'd be favourites going into this one. That being so I don't believe its beyond us to get something from this game.

I'll not be predicting a score, since my incompetence on that front has been attested to on numerous occassions this season, unfortunately.

Depleted squad, a home record without a win to its name - they have plenty to fear. FWIW I actually have a feeling we could take something from this, but I doubt it will do us much good as a lot of damage has been done to our campaign in the last two months.

You should change your name to Private Fraser. "We're doooomed......"

Ratnamara's overrated babes aren't doing too well just now either , wheels appear to fallen off the wagon just as they did last year in his last couple of months with us , so maybe he's run out of ideas on how to get his fledgling troops up and running again , lets all hope so , i have a feeling we're gonna sneak this one in true unpredictable Thistle style , lets hear it for The Jags !!!

Kilmarnock and St. Mirren both getting nothing out of their games in hand tonight, as things stand. Killie 2-0 down at Parkhead and St. Mirren trailing 2-1 at Tynecastle with McAusland sent off.

Had a quick look at the remaining fixtures for the four of us fighting to avoid the play-off place. Killie and ourselves host Celtic, where, although it's unlikely, you're more likely to nick a point. Ross County go to Parkhead, and so do St. Mirren except they have to go there twice!

Anyway, means **** all if we still can't get wins at home so hopefully Saturday is the start of a wee run...

Edited by ThickAsThieves

DUFC are eminently beatable and not, currently, in a rich vein of form. We simply ARE going to victimise some outfit very soon. We've somehow found a way to keep the Jags populace waiting until now for that to happen. And so, in true Partick Thistle mode, we are about to unleash our game of the season upon the charges of Snakeman himself.

Jags 4-1. The snake will be shedding several skins on Saturday afternoon. You watch!

Mon Thistle. Right intae this mob!

• Like 1