Will Thistle Win Another League Game This Season?

The Legend Blows

Peagreenboy is a bit slow.

Archibald said: “When you have the carrot of seventh place and the status it brings and the financial side of it, we are bitterly disappointed to miss out on it.”

Archibald must be firmly in the doomsday camp.

Can you not read, peagreenboy?

Are you unable to shed more light upon what point you're trying to make?

Or is your point that if we had won the last game we would have finished on more points and therefore finished higher? Because I think you may have just blown my mind with that insight. It was well worth exercising your fingers for!

Or are you trying to say that it's directly someone's fault we didn't finish higher? And are you wanting some sort of change at the club because of it? If you've got something to say, how about saying it?

It's like having a conversation with a brick wall here.

Always a pleasure to be of service. Similar posts to follow this coming season when the opportunity arises.

In future don't be of service please just disappear so that proper Jags fans can enjoy the good times and not have to read the dross from the likes of yourself during the bad times. Now that would be service.

Ps I'll by an extra season ticket so that club doesn't miss out on your finance ( assuming you can afford one) even if they can't count on your support.

Actually, no. A draw would have been good enough to see us 7th. We conceded two crap goals in our final game. One of them was identikit to a number of goals we lost during the season, where an unmarked opponent was allowed a free header at a set piece. Simple organisation in defence would reduce those opportunities. We have a management team who were good defenders in their playing careers and I am certain would have been totally pissed off that goals like that cost us a 7th place finish. They chose not to re-sign the central defender that they picked up in the Jan transfer window, so they seem to be looking to improve the defence. I am willing to bet that if you asked either Archie or Shaggy if they thought we should have finished higher than 10th, they would say yes.

Agree entirely with David. We should have finished 7th last season - the team we had was good enough to do it and demonstrated that for the majority of most games, but ultimately wasn't good enough to avoid the silly mistakes that plagued us all season and, on the last day of the season, cost us a 7th place finish and an extra £150k in the bank for new players.

I'm not blaming anyone for it - don't think David is either - and imagine the entire club was disappointed at the end of it, despite being delighted at staying up. However I think it's a good indication that we should be aiming for higher than 10th next season - and going by his business so far, I think Archie agrees.

Actually, no. A draw would have been good enough to see us 7th. We conceded two crap goals in our final game. One of them was identikit to a number of goals we lost during the season, where an unmarked opponent was allowed a free header at a set piece. Simple organisation in defence would reduce those opportunities. We have a management team who were good defenders in their playing careers and I am certain would have been totally pissed off that goals like that cost us a 7th place finish. They chose not to re-sign the central defender that they picked up in the Jan transfer window, so they seem to be looking to improve the defence. I am willing to bet that if you asked either Archie or Shaggy if they thought we should have finished higher than 10th, they would say yes.

When you sign an experienced defender lacking in pace he'll be fine at organising a defence in training but in the heat of a game he's got enough to do getting in position himself. More noticeable towards the end of a game. Saw Archie do likewise when playing with the U20s, tho' he didn't see out the end of that game.

Mair came in and did a job but it's completely no surprise he's away. Finding a more mobile "old head" might not be that easy as the player himself may be looking at a longer contract than would be ideal for us.

In future don't be of service please just disappear so that proper Jags fans can enjoy the good times and not have to read the dross from the likes of yourself during the bad times. Now that would be service.

Ps I'll by an extra season ticket so that club doesn't miss out on your finance ( assuming you can afford one) even if they can't count on your support.

Save your cash. I don't go anyway. With a 21% chance of seeing a victory and a 42% likelihood of seeing a defeat, I don't see the point. I think I'll invest my gate money betting against Thistle instead. Fingers crossed I should be in profit come May.

Save your cash. I don't go anyway. With a 21% chance of seeing a victory and a 42% likelihood of seeing a defeat, I don't see the point. I think I'll invest my gate money betting against Thistle instead. Fingers crossed I should be in profit come May.

You are the sad individual I took you and probably the others for. You don't represent the 90% of the Jags fans I know but represent the sad small majority that take pleasure in a defeat or setback!!! What a dark few years it must have been for you you sad pathetic pr*ck.

take your money and shove it where you wish others would you have no connection with the jags as far as I am concerned you abhore me you loser of the highest order. By the way another season ticket bought you c**t.

• Like 1

You are the sad individual I took you and probably the others for. You don't represent the 90% of the Jags fans I know but represent the sad small majority that take pleasure in a defeat or setback!!! What a dark few years it must have been for you you sad pathetic pr*ck.

take your money and shove it where you wish others would you have no connection with the jags as far as I am concerned you abhore me you loser of the highest order. By the way another season ticket bought you c**t.

Oooo! Get you Mr Scattercash.