The Club Needs Our Help - It Boffins Please Read

potty trained

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2013-2014/february_2014/volunteers_required_to_form_an_it_steering_group

saw this link, looks like the club are trying to professionalise their operating systems and software infrastructure, and need folk to help move them into the 21st century.

My knowledge is in hardware, so can't really throw my name in the hat. if anyone wants to talk "tin", give me a shout...

This is a job for one or two person(s) rather than a committee. He/she/they would need to have several years experience of managing and delivering websites from third party developers.

From personal experience, I estimate that those persons will have to donate several weeks of time (worth £10k or probably much more for those skills) at the very least.

Edited by kni

Kni - this is a long term strategic project any time will be spread over a period - its unlikely anyone will be working on anything to do for the Club for "weeks" as suggested. This is an advisory team to the Club to lend support and assistance.

I have procured websites from developers in the past. The longer it takes, the more expensive it gets. This is a job for a professional IT manager.

ETA - How is the club going to protect itself from errors, potentially very costly, made by the Steering Committee? Companies usually have the advantage of employment contracts, supplier contracts and professional indemnity insurance. Any volunteers would need to have an indemnity from the club.

Edited by kni