Any Tips For Dubai?

chunky jag

Desert safari was good - 4x4 tearing up the sand dunes. City sightseeing bus was best way to see all the stuff you can't afford and more in a day.

Speak to someone who's been or a travel agent; it's not a compact place and stuff is sprawled everywhere. Don't drive - utter chaos on the roads.

Was there about 6 years ago for 2 days on the way to Oz. Didn't know my way around admittedly; great place if you have money to spend, but I found it pretty soulless. I know people living there just now but I'm not in a hurry to go back.

Any idea roughly where you're staying?

As mentioned it's quite spread out dependant on where you're situated. The Metro system is excellent though and stops at all the main places and Taxi's are dirt cheap. (As a wee tip, don't use the private hotel taxi's as they charge twice the price. Thousands of normal taxi's so you won't struggle to get one).

Dubai Mall is the biggest in the world so will keep the wife happy plus the Burj Khalifa (world's tallest building) is also there and is worth a trip to the top. The mall has plenty of restaurants etc and also has a fountain show out the front similar to Vegas.

If you're looking for a night out then stick to going to a "Brunch". You can eat and drink as much as you want for approx 4 hours for roughly £40-£50.

It's not like the all you can eat places here, the food is excellent. (Yacht club at the Marina does a good brunch).

Beaches are good as well.

I've been a few times but usually spend my time on the golf course, not sure your wife would enjoy that?!

I only stayed over for a night en route to Australia so can't give much assistance apart from travelling by taxi was dirt cheap, I gave my taxi driver the lions share of my left over currency when I left, it was probably more an insult than a months wage which is what it felt like handing over a load of notes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any idea roughly where you're staying?

As mentioned it's quite spread out dependant on where you're situated. The Metro system is excellent though and stops at all the main places and Taxi's are dirt cheap. (As a wee tip, don't use the private hotel taxi's as they charge twice the price. Thousands of normal taxi's so you won't struggle to get one).

Dubai Mall is the biggest in the world so will keep the wife happy plus the Burj Khalifa (world's tallest building) is also there and is worth a trip to the top. The mall has plenty of restaurants etc and also has a fountain show out the front similar to Vegas.

If you're looking for a night out then stick to going to a "Brunch". You can eat and drink as much as you want for approx 4 hours for roughly £40-£50.

It's not like the all you can eat places here, the food is excellent. (Yacht club at the Marina does a good brunch).

Beaches are good as well.

I've been a few times but usually spend my time on the golf course, not sure your wife would enjoy that?!

thanks for the reply mate. im at work the now so i cant check where it is im staying, forgot the name of the hotel! But I'll check that stuff out. Nah the golf isnt for either of us so it'll prob be gettin dragged round shops wishing id never proposed to her...