Chris Erskine

Albert's Ghost

Good to see him patting the badge after his goal last week. Hopefully he will realise that they really don't like him up in Tayside and he will return to where he is adored. With him and Higgy bombing forward to help out Lyle we look a totally different team. There is goals in this team

• Like 2

Love the boy, he is class...so pleased my favourite thistle player of recent times (with banzo) is playing for us in the big league even if it's only for half a season. His touch, vision and awareness is brilliant and just fits into the thistle way. Wish we could keep him and Taylor for next season.

I also think Higgy has improved in the last few games..his delivery has especially been good recently.

echo every word of this thread (well, with exception of first half of charlies post)

I was an Erskine sceptic (at Premiership level) but he was indeed excellent in the second half.

never doubted the bridge could cut it at this level.

some clubs and players fit one another, and it just doesn't click or happen when the player goes to another club. i believe thistle and erskine is one of these perfect fits. we should do everything we can to get him back permanently.

Erskine in the second half was great and good to watch, helped with speeding up our attacks. Wouldn't like to be a defence and have Hiigy, Erskine and Taylor running at you. Only small comment about Erskine is in the first half he gave the ball away really cheaply sometimes and one of his poor clearances ended up with the penalty incident. Hopefully a bit more game time wlll sort this out.

Would love chris to stay but sadly, mainly due to the fact he is on a lengthy ish deal at tannadice, can't see the snake even thinking about mutually terminating his contract as that would be the only way a return would be possible.

It is possible because it would free up some money for McNamara to sign a new player in the summer. He allowed Erskine, who has been getting stick from United fans, to return on loan so it's unlikely that he bears a grudge against us.

Love the boy, he is class...so pleased my favourite thistle player of recent times (with banzo) is playing for us in the big league even if it's only for half a season. His touch, vision and awareness is brilliant and just fits into the thistle way. Wish we could keep him and Taylor for next season.

I also think Higgy has improved in the last few games..his delivery has especially been good recently.

Our corners yesterday looked more dangerous than I recall all season. Interesting that for our first one we had all of our players in their box starting off further back than the back post; it was clearly a practiced tactic. But then we changed it with subsequent corners.

One of the unsung things that Erskine added to his game last year was a real desire to put a defensive shift in. I think we've missed that aspect of his game this season - he really gets up and down the pitch.

He saved a certain goal early in the second half, and although got caught out a minute or two later, really shouldn't have been the man at the back post anyway!

Interesting that rumours abounding that Hughton will be sacked if Spurs beat Norwich this afternoon and that Lemmy is joint favourite to replace him if it happens. If that happens would imagine McNamara would be one of the favourites for the Porkheid job which might play into our hands regarding getting Erskine back. One of my workmates is a Und fan and goes every week. They really do not like the big fella up there and he would be delighted if he re-joined us.

• Members

Much would depend on if GMS stays at Tannadice next season I'd imagine. I reckon Chris was signed as McNamarra thought that someone would come in with an offer that Utd couldn't refuse for GMS. That hasn't happened in the 2 windows so far, so Chris is surplus to requirements.