Title Winning Dvd - It's Never Too Late!

gerrybritton9

I read the minute of the TAG meeting and the missed opportunity of making a title winning DVD

Can I say that if they want to churn out the DVD, we'd all still buy it! i know the club are busy but we are all willing to help

aren't we?

Until then :D

Edited by Camallain

That's my worry Colin. I fear it was probably the latter and what annoys me the most is no real, solid communication or explanation from the club, as far as I'm aware. I am sure these DVDs would have shifted no problem, the nomad community for a start would certainly have purchased in their droves.

That's my worry Colin. I fear it was probably the latter and what annoys me the most is no real, solid communication or explanation from the club, as far as I'm aware. I am sure these DVDs would have shifted no problem, the nomad community for a start would certainly have purchased in their droves.

Sadly it does look like that is why nothing happened. But, I do think it would still sell. Actually, partickthedog's idea above that if (when?) we stay up, we get a DVD of the past two seasons, is brilliant! But, I would still take one which just covered the promotion glory.

We've had some great performances so far this season, the great/good performances far outweigh the bad ones so far so I think there is still a market there for a DVD highlighting last season (including Ramsdens Cup) & the best of this season.

How you go about producing a DVD for this season I'm not sure, may be more problematic & complicated due to SKY/BT/BBC/ALBA/SPFL all having rights of some sort to show the games either live or in a highlights package.

last seasons campaign was a season of thistle excellence, and if a dvd was to see the light of day, it should be as extensive as any licences allow. with exception of a few games, there must be five to ten minutes a game of worthy of being captured for eternity on such a dvd collection. therefore a double dvd release is best option to capture last seasons exploits and achievements, one which should see nomads and those who attended games last season be wishing to have and purchase a lifelong memory on double dvd collection.

Goes without saying that most of us here would still buy it - we're too thistle minded for our own good.

Still don't think we will sell as many as we would have done had we got it out over the summer or even before xmas.

The more "casual" jags fan (IE the ones who don't bother with forums) are the ones who will probably not bother with this now.

That said, would probably still be worth while financially, just not as much.

I waited all my Jags life for the type of football we played last season, mixed in with the great comebacks, heartbreaks, fog-machines, manager changes and winning the title celebrations and now I don't get to sit down and stick on a DVD with it all on it and enjoy it time and time again - I can't tell you how much of a sickener that is still!

• Like 1

This is part of a piece I wrote for SITB #5 (still available apparently on ebay)

The other thing I have a big issue with; is the lack of a dvd of last season’s epic championship win. I know for a lot of people there are questions about the loss of opportunity to increase funds at the club via sales of such a dvd and quite right too.

However, to me as a Jags fan, it’s about being let down by the club on a sentimental level. As Jags fans we have so few things to celebrate. There are very few dvds as a Jags fan you can own. Last season was a great time to be a Jag and all I’m asking for is the ability to slip a dvd into the player and watch the highlights over and over again. I might not see another championship winning team nor a trophy being lifted by a Jags captain. Although, like most I am holding out for a 2021 Cup win. It was a great season and should be celebrated. This is why we love this current team so much, forgive them quite a lot and get behind them.

All those goals, from the first game defeat of Falkirk in style, through to thumpings of Airdrie, Dunfermline and Livi, even reaching the Ramsden’s Cup Final was marvellous despite it ending up in disaster. Only to be followed quickly followed by the resurgent win over Morton and the championship clinching game at Falkirk.

I’m not sure of the reason for no dvd. Are those running the club overwhelmed on a day to day basis, that they can‘t think ahead? Do they not think about fans and what we want? All the footage is there what would it take for someone to edit it and put together a dvd? Again, it’s another one of those things we get no communication on. Somewhere, someone with some integrity at the club must see where things are going wrong . . .surely . . surely?

Edited by The Sunnylaw Jag
  • Like 3

Are we agreed then that it should be called "It's Never Too Late"?

Maybe these goals sum it all up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koW6phM92hw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnQyjZbqI6w

I remember the BBC ALBA comentator shout "ha, PARTICK THISTLE !"

Edited by gerrybritton9

I'm at the school of art. Currently making a documentary of the builders for the opening exhibition. So getting involved in a lot of professional quality filming and editing.

If the club doesn't have time for something like this, then I would be willing to help out when my exams are over in May/June. Perhaps there is somebody I could email.