Racial Abuse

Highlandjag

Disgusting ****wits. Is this the same mob that threw lukewarm pies at us after the play off ?.

# Nohungerinrabluetoon

Was more than just pies from what I remember. Bottles and rocks were landing on the pitch just when we were leaving the ground celebrating. Pretty sure that one of the buses got done in as well.

• Like 1

Was more than just pies from what I remember. Bottles and rocks were landing on the pitch just when we were leaving the ground celebrating. Pretty sure that one of the buses got done in as well.

There was no happy medium that day; they either wanted to congratulate us or kill us. Usually the latter and, yes, a bus lost its' windows. The police wouldn't let the team bus stop for supplies of fizzy juice and crisps in Peterhead. Had to wait until Aberdeen before supplies could be taken on board.

The police wouldn't let the team bus stop for supplies of fizzy juice and crisps in Peterhead. Had to wait until Aberdeen before supplies could be taken on board.

By which point Paul Ritchie was ready to start eating the seats.

• Like 3

On the surface the guy seems to have gotten off lightly. Realise all cases are different but I'd hope the norm for such an offence would be more severe. .Someone committing something similar at a more populated match could've sparked off crowd trouble. I suppose Peterhead FC can bar the guy from attending home games for a much longer spell should they wish.

Repeating I don't know the ins and outs of the offence just surprised at the leniency

On the surface the guy seems to have gotten off lightly. Realise all cases are different but I'd hope the norm for such an offence would be more severe. .Someone committing something similar at a more populated match could've sparked off crowd trouble. I suppose Peterhead FC can bar the guy from attending home games for a much longer spell should they wish.

Repeating I don't know the ins and outs of the offence just surprised at the leniency

Agreed. Gentle slap on the wrist; nothing more.

Football, really has to show it will take action in cases like this, too often we're treated to mealy mouthed platitudes when neither the footballing authorities or Scotland's finest have any intention of taking any action. By that I'm not saying that the cops should just nick everyone who mutters a racist or indeed sectarian remark, simply that common sense applied consistently needs to be the norm.

The pride of Peterhead

If there was no-one to identify and arrest this fish farm labourer at the time, what good is a year's ban going to do? Who is going to enforce it exactly?

I want to go to the next East Stirling match to show this lad that Scottish football isn't populated by racist morons like that one.

Was Fraser the only offender? The initial media reports said that the Tapping was targeted throughout the game and resulted in him being substituted. They therefore indicate that, contrary to the court report, there was more than one incident or comment. If Fraser was the only offender then, as others have said, he deserved a much more severe punishment.

Racism has been a disgraceful feature of Scottish football for decades. Paul Wilson was targeted by Rangers fans and Mark Walters was targeted by Celtic fans. Racism and religious hatred are closely connected. The footballing authorities are quick to clamp down on racism but continue to turn a blind eye to the obnoxious chants and banners of the OF bigots. Neil Lennon's recent praise for the Green Brigade was nauseating.

. Neil Lennon's recent praise for the Green Brigade was nauseating.

I have to say I don't think this falls into the same category. However the GB do try to bring NI politics into the Scottish game where it has no place. And their version of the politics is one that would tend to stir up trouble so I'd have hoped that Celtic would do more to put them in their place. (Bobby Sands FFS! Fellow catholics in NI where they're trying to create peace would be sickened by attempts to stir up IRA support like that.)

Neil Lennon should have said nothing.

Is it a bit sad that I'm unsurprised by this? I've been to Peterhead a few times and there is absolutely nothing redeeming about the place. The people, at least those I've come across and read about couldn't be anymore backwards or unwelcoming, the closest you'll find in Scotland to rednecks. Add to that the place, is in the middle of nowhere and theres nothing do. When they brought dictionaries to Peterhead I'd imagine the page with culture was ripped right out. Oh the weather is brutal too...

Depressing shithole.

Is it a bit sad that I'm unsurprised by this? I've been to Peterhead a few times and there is absolutely nothing redeeming about the place. The people, at least those I've come across and read about couldn't be anymore backwards or unwelcoming, the closest you'll find in Scotland to rednecks. Add to that the place, is in the middle of nowhere and theres nothing do. When they brought dictionaries to Peterhead I'd imagine the page with culture was ripped right out. Oh the weather is brutal too...

Depressing shithole.

Otherwise OK?

Depressing shithole.

I guess you have this view on all of Scotland's coastal or far flung locals? Probably a similar type of view as the moron who abused this poor lad, don't you get ignorance and intolerance of other people is the basis of all prejudice which leads to this type of abuse because those who perpetrate it believe they are superior to the victims.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...