Archie Must Stay

westertonjagfan

He won't play himself on Saturday, and quite rightly so.

He isn't the type to seek out personal glory. He could have played himself in the Dunfermline game last season and chose not to. This game carries a lot more significance than that one, as there is an extra £250,000 at stake.

Even if we were 4-0 with 10 minutes to go I don't think he would be tempted - he'd probably much rather see one of the youngsters make his debut in that scenario.

• Like 1

He has been a "safe pair of hands" for us all season; coping with the pressures remarkably well.

He kept a cool head when many of the fans, myself included I'm sorry to say, we're beginning to panic.

His signings have mostly proved good choices.

Most importantly, he has treated triumph and disaster as two sides of the same coin; taking lessons from defeats, rejecting the temptation to boast when we win.

I find these qualities admirable and I hope he stays with us for a long time to come.

I can't speak highly enough of Alan Archibald both as a servant to Partick Thistle and as a man.

One of my highlights of being involved with the Club over the years was to serve on his testimonial committee.

I've seen him grow from a raw youngster in the youth team, to first team player (in the top 10 of all time appearance makers don't forget), to captain and now to manager. A manager who helped guide us to the First Division title and kept us in the Premiership.

He embodies precisely what I want from the manager of Partick Thistle. Driven and passionate but always acts with dignity and respect. You never hear him have a pop at the opposition or opposition managers.

If you forgive the self indulgence I would like to relate a story that I think emphasises the sense of leadership that he brings to the Club.

My mother was killed in a car accident on the eve of this season. The support I got from Partick Thistle at that time was incredible and won't ever be forgotten. Alan was among a number from the Club that attended the funeral service. He, and others, were there to show support to someone, who is a very small cog in the Thistle wheel, when they needed it most. It proves to be how tight knit a Club Partick Thistle can be and we are lucky to have Alan Archibald as part of it.

Sorry, I get a bit emotional and carried away about these things. :-)

Edited by Tom Hosie
  • Like 16

I can't speak highly enough of Alan Archibald both as a servant to Partick Thistle and as a man.

One of my highlights of being involved with the Club over the years was to serve on his testimonial committee.

I've seen him grow from a raw youngster in the youth team, to first team player (in the top 10 of all time appearance makers don't forget), to captain and now to manager. A manager who helped guide us to the First Division title and kept us in the Premiership.

He embodies precisely what I want from the manager of Partick Thistle. Driven and passionate but always acts with dignity and respect. You never hear him have a pop at the opposition or opposition managers.

If you forgive the self indulgence I would like to relate a story that I think emphasises the sense of leadership that he brings to the Club.

My mother was killed in a car accident on the eve of this season. The support I got from Partick Thistle at that time was incredible and won't ever be forgotten. Alan was among a number from the Club that attended the funeral service. He, and others, were there to show support to someone, who is a very small cog in the Thistle wheel, when they needed it most. It proves to be how tight knit a Club Partick Thistle can be and we are lucky to have Alan Archibald as part of it.

Sorry, I get a bit emotional and carried away about these things. :-)

Well said Tom

I have to admit that there was a time during the season that I thought we would be in the play offs.But just like last nights game the season has been a roller coaster with the best possible outcome at the end.Well done to Archie,Scott and the players.