Club Statement

stuart_adam

I'm absolutely gutted about this.

Actually, I'm seething that this individual was ever remotely connected to our club in any shape or form.

He should be banned from every Scottish ground so that he can't attend away matches either.

What must the player in question think of our cub now?

Edited by ian_mac
  • Like 1

Actually, I'm seething that this individual was ever remotely connected to our club in any shape or form.

Name and shame the b*stard. He should be banned from every Scottish ground so that he can't attend away matches either.

What must the player in question think of our cub now?

I suspect that the player in question realises it was an isolated cretin who abused him and that the club,its supporters and its staff are not of the same ilk. And the fact the club have dealt swiftly with this will show that our family embraces everyone and anyone, regardlesss of, colour, creed or sex.

No justification for this and I'm glad the stewards, officials and club have acted so quickly.

This moron is not a Partick Thistle fan and is not welcome at Firhill, nor any other football club.

That someone in the home stand was abusing one of our own players just adds to the sickening lunacy of it.

I hope he was pointed out by sensible fans nearby.

Yeah, totally agree.

Some guy on Twitter saying that this is proof that Thistle fans aren't as nice as they claim. Rightly or wrongly this has given folk the opportunity to have a go at us collectively.

Hopefully Bauben realises that this guy speaks for himself and not for the club or the rest of the fans.

Absolutely shocking. It does tho' appear to have been handled well.

Not that it makes one iota difference to the crime but it's better that it was one of our own players being abused only from the aspect of not involving another club.

I'm surprised that it's not been mentioned on here and I think I'd have noticed something if the cretin was in my vicinity in the JHS (over near the hospitality area). Let's hope whoever this idiot was it can be proved he's not a regular attender at Jags games and just some scum that's drifted in.. .

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

Shocking that it has happened but there are idiots all through society and glad this ******** is being dealt with.

Great statement from the club in being honest and up front about it instead of sweeping it under the carpet. Some will point to this as proof that thistle fans are horrible, I look at it as proof that we do something about these arses.

• Like 1

Totally agree that it's been dealt with very well by the club. The temptation may have been there to just say nothing and let the police deal with it, but it would seem that the club have decided to be honest and upfront about it, and dealt with the issue head on.

Brave decision to publish a statement like this, but the right decision.

• Like 1

Yeah, totally agree.

Some guy on Twitter saying that this is proof that Thistle fans aren't as nice as they claim. Rightly or wrongly this has given folk the opportunity to have a go at us collectively.

Hopefully Bauben realises that this guy speaks for himself and not for the club or the rest of the fans.

Do we know who the victim of the abuse was then?

Good on the club and whoever reported this ignorant character.

A big cheers for Prince or whowever was targetted at the next home game will be in order.

Hopefully we will not see stereotypical comments such as "lazy" directed to our players on here in future.

Do we know who the victim of the abuse was then?

Good on the club and whoever reported this ignorant character.

A big cheers for Prince or whowever was targetted at the next home game will be in order.

Hopefully we will not see stereotypical comments such as "lazy" directed to our players on here in future.

Raman said it was him on Twitter, might not be though. Not seen it confirmed anywhere else.

• Like 1

wonder if it was one of the knickerwetters or mighty roasters on here.

credit to club for swift clear statement and stewards and police for swift action as well as any supporter(s) that brought it to their attention or assisted identifying the idiot.

Edited by yoda-jag

Shameful news and us already said well done the club in getting this idiot removed hopefully permanently from Firhill.

Did millions not die to defeat this evil in 1945. Shameful that we still have these clowns in the 21st century.

If it was Prince who was the victim, what are others thoughts about getting a banner made up to show him our support at the ICT game? "There's only one Pricne Bauben - PTFC Legend" or something along those lines just as an example. Or Apologies if this is something Prince would rather just forget.

Or another alternative would be a very large Ghana flag to bring up, which again I would be more than happy to contribute too

If anyone thinks its a good idea I would happily send them a donation for it to be created, unfortunately I cant make the game in Inverness this saturday, so the least I could do is make a donation if anyone thinks this is a good idea or not.

Edited by Third Lanark