Club Statement

stuart_adam

A little off topic but my boss was at the killie match against sellick on Friday when they set off a smoke bomb, her 10 yr old nephew has asthma started wheezing and had to be taken from the stand into the concourse. When she said to the plod at the exit she thought smoke bombs weren't allowed into games he replied 'who cares' and shrugged his shoulders.

Is this example and letting in people completely hammered what we pay for in policing costs???

As above well done on acting so fast but they wouldn't have to be reactive if they were more proactive at the start of the game.

I will also add that I reminded her that killie brought a smoke bomb to firhill the last game although I'm pretty sure it wasn't her!!

Edited by kennymac29

Huckled away by the Police, who we all know have a great track record for tolerance and race relations. A lifetime ban from football - would the punishment fit the crime?

The world would be a better place if nobody really cared about somebody's "race" or "colour." We wouldn't even notice it and would never have to talk about it.

What exactly is your point, caller?

A little off topic but my boss was at the killie match against sellick on Friday when they set off a smoke bomb, her 10 yr old nephew has asthma started wheezing and had to be taken from the stand into the concourse. When she said to the plod at the exit she thought smoke bombs weren't allowed into games he replied 'who cares' and shrugged his shoulders.

Is this example and letting in people completely hammered what we pay for in policing costs???

That is pretty rubbish treatment. I'd ask for his name/number and where his supervisor is. Don't know if the game was at Rugby or Celtic Park, but I would imagine that both stadiums are similar to Firhill, where electronic entry, less stewards and even less police. So if a season ticket holder is steamin', there's a good chance they can get in no bother at all.

Still, god help the polis and stewards at the next "old firm" game. That'd be a good weekend for a holiday out of Glasgow!

just read the newspaper article and comment from the guy arrested at firhill on saturday how many times have you chanted whos the b@stard /mason in the black? quite easy to misinterpret this at a football match no ?

Not on this occasion. PB gave away possession - immediately followed by a shout of - "Black *******" - from the offender - no ambiguity at all. As far as I can remember the referee did little (if anything) to provoke the ire of the Thistle support (unlike the Aberdeen game).

Edited by Charlie Endell

Not on this occasion. PB gave away possession - immediately followed by a shout of - "Black *******" - from the offender - no ambiguity at all. As far as I can remember the referee did little (if anything) to provoke the ire of the Thistle support (unlike the Aberdeen game).

That's my understanding as well. Heard this from 2 different people who were 10ft away. They are in absolutely no doubt what the exact words were, or who it was directed at.

The guy is digging himself a hole here.

U can see what ur saying.

Sat next to a guy last season who at least a half dozen times yelled that the ref was a black *******, referring to the fact he was dressed in black. The ref was indeed white.

Although it technically wasn't racism, I did feel slightly uncomfortable with his shouts.

U can see what ur saying.

Sat next to a guy last season who at least a half dozen times yelled that the ref was a black *******, referring to the fact he was dressed in black. The ref was indeed white.

Although it technically wasn't racism, I did feel slightly uncomfortable with his shouts.

Do you think he was doing that to deliberately wind up other people in the crowd? The connotations of such a phrase are so obvious I don't know why else you would do it. You don't call Jim Goodwin a "black and white ..." or say, any Motherwell player a "claret and amber ..."

Of course some people go looking for a fight and just want a reaction out of someone, anyone.

I just think some people aren't very clever.

By the way, is it wrong that I see this shout, which displayed appalling ignorance, lack of intelligence and lack of basic respect, as a bit different from the apparent premeditated and sustained attack evident at Peterhead? Not defending it in any way, but sometimes I think we lose perspective. I'm know I'm going to get shot down for this, but c'est la vie, debate is good.

As I've said before, i'm glad the club's reaction was unequivocal and support it fully, I'm just interested to find out how the law will see it.