Jh6

ThickAsThieves

Not happy.

Bought two decent tickets for JH6 last week, which is just past the halfway line. Picked them online and made sure I got good seats.

So I turn up tonight, walk towards JH6 to find a massive grey partition in my way. Asked the steward what was going on as I'd bought tickets for in there. Was only told "the club have ****** up". He wouldn't elaborate.

So I asked what I was to do. I was then told I could only go in JH1, right down the front as it was the only space they knew they could put us in. Which just so happened to be populated with a fair amount of Celtic fans - made for a real unpleasant atmosphere.

So, I ask:

What the **** happened to JH6?

When did the club know I wasn't going to be able to sit there?

Would it not have been nice of them to let me know that?

Shite seat, shite view, shite atmosphere, surrounded by shite people. Shite night.

My seat is in JH6. Plenty of spare seats but noticed some seasn ticket holders did not turn up. Loads of Celtic fans in there and got bit ugly towards the end.

I got into the stadium at about 7.35, and wasn't able to access JH6. They probably noticed there was a load of Celtic fans there and decided to close it. A disgrace.

Not happy.

Bought two decent tickets for JH6 last week, which is just past the halfway line. Picked them online and made sure I got good seats.

So I turn up tonight, walk towards JH6 to find a massive grey partition in my way. Asked the steward what was going on as I'd bought tickets for in there. Was only told "the club have ****** up". He wouldn't elaborate.

So I asked what I was to do. I was then told I could only go in JH1, right down the front as it was the only space they knew they could put us in. Which just so happened to be populated with a fair amount of Celtic fans - made for a real unpleasant atmosphere.

So, I ask:

What the **** happened to JH6?

When did the club know I wasn't going to be able to sit there?

Would it not have been nice of them to let me know that?

Shite seat, shite view, shite atmosphere, surrounded by shite people. Shite night.

I would say you are quite right to feel aggrieved.

I would imagine the club would sympathise with you as well and would suggest you email them with your experience.

Only part of JH6 was allocated to Celtic fans. The section where my seat is had plenty of spare seats, which is usually the case, so not sure why you couldn't have been accommodated there. Think the office staff do there best and have been quick to sort out any problems, but get the feeling the task is just too much for them unfortunately.

Well I've just e-mailed the club. Don't know what I expect to be honest, just an explanation of what happened would be nice (and perhaps an apology if it was indeed the club's fault) rather than just being told "the club f*cked up".

I've never had many dealings with the office staff other than to pick up tickets but I've never had any problems before. I think generally the club does a lot of things correctly, and I do have a positive view of everyone I've dealt with at the club. I just think this one-off Celtic match where they could win the league was a difficult one to manage. The club probably haven't done a great job for us Jags fans but I'm not holding a grudge.

They'll probably think I'm a pain in the arse for e-mailing but it's really just the fact that I bought tickets online, which I think is brilliant and we should be able to do that, but if you don't actually get the seat you've specifically asked for then it's all a bit meaningless.

• Like 1

Think we all have to remember that had Aberdeen beaten Ross County the night before then there probably wouldn't have been anywhere near as much hassle last night.

The club had less than 24 hours to plan for Celtic winning the league at Firhill. That makes a massive difference to how you plan for the match in my opinion, and increases the demand for tickets in the thistle end.

There are undoubtedly things that the club could have done better last night and I'm sure they are aware of this. important to remember that (thankfully) it's virtually a whole new regime at the club now, from when we were last in the top tier playing fixtures of this nature. So there isn't much experience for planning for these matches. We are very much relying on the police to do their job properly on nights like this, and it's quite clear that they weren't prepared to enforce the law on celtic fans, instead preferring to punish thistle fans for pointing out the police mistakes.

Edited by ian_mac
  • Like 3

Agreed Ian. Whilst the club probably could have done more, I'm sure that expression can be used for any football club dealing with any issue. The Police have to be ready to deal with these situations but seem to find it much easier to close their eyes and ears. Stewards of course too but they need the support of the police otherwise they're just a bunch of guys in yellow jackets with no authority.

Did anyone see the documentary about racism and homophobia in football supports in England a few weeks back. Incidents at Brighton, Spurs and Leicester all swept under the carpet by the respective local plods and ignored even now. Can't believe any of this nonsense goes on in this century.

Got a response just there.

Good Afternoon ,

According to our system the tickets you purchased were for seats J138

and J139 in section 6 of the Jackie Husband Stand.

The segregation partition began at seats 143 and upwards of section 6

and therefore your seats were before the barriers.

There was access to these seats from the Partick Thistle support side of

the barrier. I apologise if the steward did not make you aware of this &

for any inconvenienced caused to you.

Kind regards,

So I wasn't allowed to sit in my seat by the stewards. Disappointing but not the club's fault at all then.

I have a bit of sympathy with the club as the opportunity for Celtic to win the league. arose more or less at the last minute. However, it is surely not beyond the wit of man to have a contingency plan in case for just such a situation? For example, the remaining games of the season are likely to throw up meaningful competitive games that may attract a larger than normal attendance and one would hp[e that the club has prepared accodingly.