Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

I think people who are saying there's no need to panic etc are burying there head in the sand slightly .. No offence ! But I'd have taken a few players out rivals have signed unless we have a few things in the pipeline I can see us struggling and no I'm not being totally negative I go to every home game just my opinion would loveee to be proved wrong

Who?

Buaben signs a one year deal with Hearts. Interesting as they have been throwing two and three year deals at all their other signings.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28342620

Good luck to him, came in and did what was required of him well. Wouldn't have minded signing him permanently but not too bothered that he's left.

Bauben was a good player, under rated by our support I feel. Lot of off-the-ball work and very composed. Did have a slightly casual aspect that caught him out a few times, bit like Fraser. Would of liked him back.

There were concerns about his attitude at Carlisle. He never played in the last game for us I just presumed he was maybe carrying an injury, someone said it was because he hadnt bothered to turn up and was maybe the reason why he wasn't given a new contract by Archie. If it was the former reason then no problem having him back, if it was the latter then not bothered we don't have him back.

I did hear that Bauben wasn't your typical cheap option loanee. During his time with us he evidently was getting paid a relatively high wage. Was never 100% convinced with him. Either he was holding back somewhat or he wasn't the complete midfielder. On the plus side we had some of our better results and performances when he played so his loan spell was most likely justified.

Obviously quite a good player considering the level he's played at for a decent amount of time but whether he's lost a bit of what he had or he wasn't fully committed to us I'm not sure. Did an ok job but feel he could have done alot better, suppose we'll see at Hearts whether a full pre-season & regular football will make him the player he use to be.

Jim Paterson, ex-Dundee United, the midfielder on trial, apparently. Very much at the veteran stage, but a bit of experience in the squad would be a good thing. And can play at left back, I've just discovered!

Just looking at that. Would he not more likely be at centre back given his age?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Was he not playing for Celtic Nation?

Not being unkind, but if we sign someone from there, it adds credibility to Magnay's claim & also suggests we're at the bottom of a barrel. Wouldn't suggest he'd be top of our signing targets over the close season.

He was at CN on loan from Bristol Rovers. The season before (12/13) he played regularly for Rovers who finished Div 2 mid table.

Gotta admit nothing really to suggest he'd be an inspired signing. Plusses are like Barr he can play in a few positions and he's left sided. If he's not injury prone and can prove his fitness then he could be OK.

We're in need of experience in defence and/or defensive mid.The need is immediate and not a long term requirement so I'd keep an open mind. Magnay wouldn't have provided that experience. All depends on his fitness I suppose.

I'm sure Archie must be frustrated too with lack of signings despite what he is saying in media putting on a brave face

Maybe our wage structure is not appealing to potential decent signing targets. It's worrying now as from what I saw yesterday we are real weak defensively. Gabby played 2nd half instead of Aero and he was poor. In fairness Darren Barr was ill and missed match and Mustoe injured. So perhaps if these 2 plus other 2 trialists get a game on Saturday will be easier to judge. But at the moment not looking great.

Edited by ayrshire jag

I'm sure Archie must be frustrated too with lack of signings despite what he is saying in media putting on a brave face

Maybe our wage structure is not appealing to potential decent signing targets. It's worrying now as from what I saw yesterday we are real weak defensively. Gabby played 2nd half instead of Aero and he was poor. In fairness Darren Barr was ill and missed match and Mustoe injured. So perhaps if these 2 plus other 2 trialists get a game on Saturday will be easier to judge. But at the moment not looking great.

So was Paterson the guy playing in midfield against Morton, AJ?