Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

i hope i'm wrong but i can't see a 26-year-old world cup player viewing the spfl as a boost to his career.

I'd hope that he sees an opportunity to get a season of playing regularly as a boost to his career. Could be wrong but I'd think he'd rather play every week for us than not get a game all season for Wigan. maybe see it as an opportunity to show what he can do and go back and force his way into their team?

i hope i'm wrong but i can't see a 26-year-old world cup player viewing the spfl as a boost to his career.

Take it you haven't looked up his stats? He's barely played any club football for the best part of two years. He made one appearance for Wigan last season, in the league cup. Seems he desperately needs game time.

Take it you haven't looked up his stats? He's barely played any club football for the best part of two years. He made one appearance for Wigan last season, in the league cup. Seems he desperately needs game time.

interesting; and since we desperately need a left-back it could be a marriage made in football heaven...

Fo' sho'.

His lack of game time is my concern, but he must be fit enough to have played 90 minutes during the WC.

I agree his lack of club football is surprisingly low, especially considering all his international caps.

However, he displaced Emilio Izaguirre for second half of Ecuador game and the entire Switzerland game. If he can push Izaguirre out the team then that is a good sign too.

From fifa.com -

Juan Carlos Garcia is the kind of player who likes to do his talking on the pitch. Speedy and committed, the 6’2, chunkily built full-back is a useful man to have around in the back line, regularly coming to the aid of his fellow defenders.He made his debut for Marathon in 2007 and won his first international cap in a CONCACAF Gold Cup match against Grenada two years later. He represented his country in the competition again in 2011 and also featured in the Copa Centroamericana that same year.In 2013 he joined English club Wigan Athletic, though injuries and a drop in form have prevented him from getting regular first-team football in the lead-up to the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™.He appeared in eight of his country’s qualifiers, scoring one goal, and while his lack of opportunities with Wigan will not have gone unnoticed by Catracho coach Luis Fernando Suarez, the 26-year-old has proved before what he can do and is determined to make a telling contribution to Honduras’ campaign in Brazil

I wouldn't read too much into facts and figures about the fella. We've just seen Lyle Taylor being deemed not good enough for Sheffield United. So by my reckoning a lad not getting a game for a club a good bit up the ladder than the Blades means little. The fact Wigan want to hold on to the player and are only willing to put him out on loan is worthy of consideration.

Again whether he's what we're looking for, is fit enough and can meet other criteria is a completely different matter.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

the dark passengers comments all spot on. seems like an advertising job by his agent.

whats the point of an academy a reserve side and not bringing them on.it like planting seeds in a pot, waiting till the shoots come through then dumping the lot and running up to dobbies

George Barron ok

the dark passengers comments all spot on. seems like an advertising job by his agent.

whats the point of an academy a reserve side and not bringing them on.it like planting seeds in a pot, waiting till the shoots come through then dumping the lot and running up to dobbies

George Barron ok

you mean like Scottish and English football have done for years :secret:

• Like 1

I wouldn't read too much into facts and figures about the fella. We've just seen Lyle Taylor being deemed not good enough for Sheffield United. So by my reckoning a lad not getting a game for a club a good bit up the ladder than the Blades means little. The fact Wigan want to hold on to the player and are only willing to put him out on loan is worthy of consideration.

Exactly.....the guy played in the World Cup a few weeks ago in a half decent side, taking the place of our cross city rivals well thought of left back. That's good enough for me!

Edited by Lindau

If we sign this chap then along with Higginbotham in the team it's safe to assume that a significant majority of our goals next season will be overhead kicks. This is something I am in favour of.

Garcia's was better than Higgy's to be fair. Samson had butter fingers for that goal!